• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,690 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,690

Whoove's Plan

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After avoiding a nasty brawl with Chronos, I returned to my throne room to finish my business with the guests, along side with Twilight Sparkle. Some ponies had to got what they hoped to gain from me, but sadly, most had to go away with nothing, which got Twilight a little upset. However, i still had faith in her and felt that she would succeed me one day. Actually, I think that one day she helped me was when I actually helped the most visitors.

Anyway, the guests aren't that important at this point, so I'll move on ahead to when we had to leave Canterlot the next day. We traveled together back to Ponyville by chariot. An embarrassing story told quick, we had to turn back to Canterlot really quickly to get Twilight's pet owl, then once again for Spike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you enjoying your treats, Spike?" I asked him.

"Mmm-hmm! Nothing like Royal Diamonds to forget about being left behind twice." He answered.

"Good. Now then, Twilight. We must talk about the Arcane tower."

"Yes, we do! I have so many questions." Twilight said. "Where is it? How come I don't know anything about it? How am I suppose to fix it?"

"I'll answer your questions in that order." I said. "The tower is located far North from Ponyville. Once we reach Ponyville to pick up your friends, we'll have to take a train for all of us to get closer to where your journey will start. The reason no one knows about it is because the barrier that covers it renders is invisible, as well as the large area it covers. So even when we reach our destination, it'll still take you awhile before you reach the tower itself."

"And How will I fix it?"

"That will be the easy part. The core of the tower is a simple ball of magic. You'll know it when you see it. It'll also be losing its roundish shape. All you have to do is to use your magic to stabilize it until it's perfectly round again. You should also make sure the tower itself is still holding strong. Overall, it's a simple mission, but an extremely important one."

"Is there any other dangers I should know about? Anything that may make this more complicated?"

Any other time I would go to stabilize the tower, I would be the only one for miles around upon reaching the tower. However, I didn't know what exactly Chronos was planning. Since I was unsure on how to answer her, I just told Twilight that there's not normally any trouble and left it at that.

"Oh! There's on more thing I have to mention, and this is important." I said to her. "While we need all of your friends to get you to the tower, I'm afraid that you'll be the only one to be able to get past the barrier. It's an area where only the Element of Magic can reach. Do you understand?"

"I do, Princess. But as long as I have the Element of Magic with me, it'll still feel like I have my friends with me."

And THAT was the attitude I was looking for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time after, we arrived at Twilight's home in Ponyville. After herself settle again at her home, she went to get her friends, the other users of the Elements of Harmony, and told them all the good news on how she has become my heir. It was quite a pleasant sight. Rainbow Dash looked as though she was ready to perform one of her Sonic Rainbooms, Rarity nearly fainted in excitement, Pinkie Pie...well, she scared me a little. Upon hearing the good news, she went and pulled out a small, blue cannon.

Anyway, after sharing the good news, she shared the information regarding her mission, and that it required all six of them to be present. Since we were planning to leave as soon as possible, they all went back home to get what they needed for the trip. Twilight had a lot of preparations to do, but she had to make a quick stop on her way home. She saw someone she knew. Doctor Whooves. He had returned to Ponyville. He was standing at a street corner, waiting for someone.

"Hey! Doctor!" Twilight shouted.

"Oh! Hello, Miss Sparkle. Fancy seeing you back here so soon!"

"The same goes for you. So what's up with your boss back at Canterlot? He was so obsessed with me not going to Arcane Tower."

"Please understand it from his point of view. He only wants what's best for the time stream. And as a guardian of time myself, I have to agree with him."

"Well, the whole thing is done and over with, so there's not really any hard-"

"Oh, excuse me for a moment." The Doctor said before turning his head to the sky. "DERPY! DOWN HERE! You may want step aside, Twilight."

"Why, what's-?

"INCOMING!"

Coming down fast and without a fair warning, a blond, grey pegasus came crashing down from the sky and knocked poor Twilight Sparkle a good ten feet away. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

"Alright! Best landing yet!" The googily-eyed pegasus said.

"Ahh, Derpy! Right on time."

"Yup. Just like always. Well, except for that time when I held your map upside down and went to Manehatten. Not a lot of nice ponies there, I might add."

"Yes, yes, I know. We will never vacation there. Anyway, how is Dinky doing?"

At this point, Twilight managed to wake up and got back on her four legs again, where she began to listen in on the Doctor and Derpy.

"Oh, Dinky is doing great! She's starting to use her magic, and she drew a great picture with the three of us in it!"

"Yes, I was afraid of something like that." He then slid over a map to Derpy and began to sound very serious. "Now listen. This is what I want you to do, and I want you to follow these instructions exactly! I want to take Dinky and yourself far away."

"Oh! You mean far away from Ponyville?" Derpy asked.

"No. Far away from Equestria. I want you two to go southeast until you fly past the badlands until you two can not spot any other ponies. This map will tell you exactly where I want you two to stay. You two are not to return until I come get you. If I don't come to get you, then don't come back at all."

"W-what? Why do you want us to go away?"

"If Dinky stays here in Equestria, it will become impossible for me to go through my next mission. The safety of you and your daughter is above anything else to me, so take this map, take Dinky, and go. I promise I'll come get you two when I can."

Although sadden by the Doctor's request, Derpy nonetheless agrees with him, takes the map from him, and flies off to get her daughter.

"Give the map to Dinky! I know your eyes aren't the best!" Whooves shouted before Derpy was gone completely.

Having overhearing the whole conversation, Twilight grew suspicious as to what the Doctor was doing, especially after his visit in Canterlot. She would've been even more suspicious about him had I told her about how Chronos tried to steal the Elements of Harmony, but I didn't felt that she needed to know something like that at the time. In any case, Twilight knew something else was going on with Doctor Whooves, and to an extent, Chronos.