• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,690 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,690

End Of The World: Celestia Revived

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic is a very powerful thing, and can do great things in the right hooves. As one can imagine though, in evil hooves, magic can do terrible things. Common knowledge. While I've seen evil magic come and go, what actually brings fear to me is uncontrollable magic. That was exactly what Twilight Star had become.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After flying out of the crater she was knocked in by Rainbow Dash, Twilight Star continued to release more and more magical energy, constantly firing bolts of magic uncontrollably and becoming more and more unstable. She had become more then an abomination of magic. She was essentially a magical bomb.

"I AM THE HERALD OF THE NEW WORLD! THE QUEEN OF MAGIC! I AM INVINCIBLE!"

"Yeah, I wish I knew that a few minutes ago." Rainbow Dash said.

"You just had to throw her in the ground, didn't you Rainbow Dash?" Applejack asked.

"FOR YOUR DEFIANCE, I PROMISE TO DO TO YOU WHAT FLUTTERSHY WOULD'VE WISH TOO...Wait a second."

Twilight Star suddenly sensed something. A suddenly sensation she didn't like. Although although barely noticeable, she felt some of her magic being taken away from her, mainly the magic that was already being released from her body. She completely forgot about Rainbow Dash and Applejack and turned her attention to the direction of the Arcane Tower where she felt some magic being built at.

"WHO DARES TOUCH MY MAGIC!" Twilight Star said before she flew away.

"Hey, get back here!"

Completely ignoring Rainbow Dash, Twilight started to make her way back to the tower with haste to investigate. Applejack had the intention of following her again, but she didn't want to leave with Rainbow Dash, who took the moment of peace to mourn for Fluttershy, her fallen friend.

"Come on, sugarcube. The others need us." Applejack said.

"Yeah...yeah..."

Using what was left of her rope, Applejack tied an end to one of Rainbow Dash's hooves, allow Rainbow to fly away with Applejack just below her, allowing both to chase after Twilight Star together. Despite the fact that they were suppose to be chasing after Twilight, Rainbow Dash didn't fly overly fast, especially since she's suppose to be among the fastest flyers in Equestria. She was still looking back and thinking about Fluttershy.

"Applejack?"

"Yeah Dash?"

"Things aren't going to be the same after this, will it."

Applejack, the Element of Honesty, couldn't say anything, because she knew that her opinion wasn't something that her friend would want to hear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a quick fly back to the tower, Twilight Star arrived with rage, knowing that not all of her magic was with her anymore. She landed on the top of the tower with great force and quickly found out what happened. Rarity was using Magic Drain to take in magic, much like Twilight herself was doing, but unlike Twilight, Rarity had more plans then simply becoming stronger.

"ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY MY FLANK! YOU DARE STEAL MY MAGIC?"

The angered Twilight immediately fired a shot of magic at Rarity. She expected her to either run away or to be blasted off, but instead, her attack was intercepted by a second blast of magic, one that didn't even come from Rarity.

"Twilight, the tables are finally be turned!" A familiar voice said.

She turned and saw what was actually going on. Rarity was doing much more then simply absorbing magic. She was also using a second spell that fired the magic directly into my body. I had finally managed to regain my strength thanks to Rarity, and I owed my thanks to Pinkie Pie as well for coming up with the idea. While my body was restored to peak condition, I noticed that Twilight Star's was practically crumbling. Her magic was being released from all over her body uncontrollably, and I could tell from her voice that she had reached the peak of her sanity.

"Oh...my...girls, what happened to Twilight while I was out?"

"Well, when she tried to use some spell..." Rarity began.

"The Wishing spell!" Pinkie Pie interrupted.

"Yes, yes, she tried to use that spell, but suffered from magical backlash when it failed. She's been like this ever since."

"WHAT? Magical backlash? With that much magic in her?" I asked in fear.

"Why, it never hurts little kids very much. Not even full grown ponies for that matter."

"Normally, no. But Twilight Star is by no means a mere pony. With so much magic concentrated in one body, she's clearly still suffering from the effects of the backlash. Her magic has become completely unstable and I highly doubt she can control it any more."

"NONSENSE!" Twilight said. "AS THE NEW RULER OF THE WORLD, I SHALL CONTROL ALL MAGIC! NOTHING WILL STOP ME!"

"Twilight, you've become just as dangerous to yourself as the rest of Equestria! If something's not done, you will destroy Equestria. Maybe even the world! Everything that Chronos warned us about will come true.

"VERY WELL. IF I HAVE TO DESTROY THE WORLD TO CHANGE IT, I WILL DO IT!"

What can I really say about that quote? To destroy the world to save it? She didn't even understand what made sense anymore, and since she was in such a critical state, there was only one option left. I had to destroy Twilight Star before she could destroy the world, which wouldn't be hard for her to do. If she wouldn't destroy it directly with spells, she would've destroyed it by completely blowing up.

"Rarity, you have to make sure to keep funneling magic to me. I'll need every tiny drop I can get for this." I said to her.

"Yes, your highness." Rarity answered as she continued to give me magic."

"IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SURRENDER, THEN I SHALL DESTROY YOU ALL BEFORE I MOVE ON TO THE WORLD!"

"Twilight Star, your crimes are unforgivable. Stealing the magic of our land, attempted Regicide and high treason, and...and taking away my dearest student from me. For the sake of Equestria, my friends and family, and the honour of Twilight Sparkle, I will will put an end to your madness."

"VERY WELL, PRINCESS! THIS TIME I WILL DO TO YOU WHAT I DID TO FLUTTERSHY!"

I was very shocked by what she said, and I could tell that Rarity and Pinkie were more then curious as to what happened, but I digress. I had my focus completely on stopping Twilight Star and return peace.

Me and Twilight both flew up above above the tower where there was more room for us to fight. She then showed off her powers by creating a clear, crystal like platform in the air, where the two of us landed on. This crystal floor was our arena. It was where our final battle took place. My powers was being amplified by Rarity's attempt to help while Twilight's had reached beyond the level of a god's. This was not like a simple magical duel. This was a battle to the death.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE UP AGAINST, CELESTIA!" She said as she began to charge up magic. "I WILL NOT HOLD BACK!"

"You are free to not hold back, but you are not free to win." I replied as I began to charge my own magic. "I've had to live with many failures during my long life, but I will not be adding this on the list."

"THEN I MAKE SURE YOU WON'T LIVE TO SEE IT!"

"Your madness ends now!"

As soon as my magic was at its maximum, I unleashed a mighty wave of white magic, to which Twilight responded with a purple one. The force from each of our attacks were easily fatal to any normal pony, and quite likely to ones of my caliber as well. They each quickly reached to each other, and upon contact, a massive shockwave which nearly knocked Rarity off of the Arcane Pedestal, who barely hung on. Even Rainbow Dash, who was a fair distance away from the tower felt it.

These attacks were not made to simply be our openers. These were also our final attacks. We started to pour all of our might into these attacks, creating a reverse tug and war battle. The one to get overpowered by the other attack would ultimately lose. This was the begriming of the final battle for Equestria, and even the world.

Author's Note:

Okay, we're coming near the end of the story and I think it's gonna turn out epic.

Hope you'll like it.