• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,690 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,690

End Of The World: Fall of Kindness

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After so long, Twilight Star had finally crossed the moral event horizon, as she had went for blood. Despite the horrible crime she committed, I at least knew that this wasn't Twilight Sparkle anymore. Of course, that doesn't justify Twilight Star's actions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without hesitation, Twilight Star had shot down Fluttershy from the sky, completely ignoring everything that she was told. Rainbow Dash and Applejack rushed to their friend to see if she was alright, only to find great horror in what they saw.

Poor, poor Fluttershy. Quiet, humble, and innocent, lied on the rocky ground with a hole running through her body, eyes wide opened from the initial shock, and her breathing non-existent. Rainbow Dash and Applejack saw it with their own eyes. Twilight Star ruthlessly killed Fluttershy.

"I told her to stay out of my way. No matter. She's just a small sacrifice for the new world." Twilight Star said.

"WHAT!? You killed one of your best friends and that's ALL you have to say?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Rainbow Dash, there's no use in arguing with her." Applejack explained. "She's no longer thinking clearly."

"I'M not thinking clearly. HeheheHAHAHA! She flew directly into death! If I had know she wanted to die so badly, I would've helped her all the way back in Ponyville!"

Rainbow Dash couldn't believe a word that Twilight was saying as her tears of sorrow quickly became tears of anger.

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?" She asked in a loud, angry voice. "SHE WAS ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS! SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND!"

"As I had told Pinkie Pie, friendship means nothing to me as long as I have Equestria's magic."

As Rainbow Dash's sorrow for losing Fluttershy grew, so did her anger towards Twilight Star. She started to cry more and more, and she was breathing harder and harder. At the peak of her rage, she stared up at Twilight with intense hatred in her eyes, caring not whether or not Twilight was her friend.

"Twilight..." She said quietly. "Twilight...I'LL KILL YOU FOR THIS!"

She then took off at a supersonic speed, tackling Twilight Star before she even realized the blue pegasus had even moved. The instant Rainbow Dash made contact with her target, due to a combination of her amazing speed and her great anger, she created one of her famous sonic rainbooms, which created a large, colored ring from the impact point while also creating a stream of rainbows as she moved.

Through the Sonic Rainboom, Rainbow Dash rammed into Twilight Star, carried her high into the air, then took Twilight back towards the ground at an even higher speed, slamming her into the ground at Mach speed, ending the whole thing with another ring of colors, as well as a large explosion altogether, with with Rainbow Dash flying out after finishing the attack.

"Well I'll be an orange farmer! You did it, Rainbow Dash! YEEHAH!" Applejack shouted.

"But at what cost?" Rainbow asked as she landed back on the ground. "Now we've lost Twilight AND Fluttershy. And Fluttershy...we were just talking about how we were best friends, and...well, she was right. I just lost my best friend."

"We all did, sugarcube." Applejack said with sincerity. "We all did."

With their former friend taken down by Rainbow Dash, she and Applejack were able to mourn the lost of Fluttershy. All she was trying to do was to help Twilight Sparkle, thinking she could still get back her old friend from the evil she had evolved into. Fluttershy didn't deserve what came to her, and yet she still had to suffer from her mistake, although the ones who probably suffered the most was her friends who had to bare witness her fall.

"NO PONY IN THIS WORLD CAN TAKE ME DOWN! I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN CHANGE THIS WORLD"

From behind them, Rainbow Dash and Applejack began to hear a large magical burst discharging in the air, creating a constant crackling sound. From the crater Rainbow Dash created rose Twilight Star, who had become more unstable and uncontrollable then ever before.

"THE WORLD WILL END, AND IN IT'S PLACE WILL BE THE WORLD OF TWILIGHT!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the Arcane Tower, Pinkie Pie and Rarity felt useless as they couldn't chase after Twilight Star and the others, with the only consolation was that they had to watch over me as I lied useless at the tower as well. After a while, Rarity spotted an exit and began to walk towards it.

"Rarity, what are you doing?" Pinkie asked.

"I'm going home. I'd rather be with Sweetie Belle then here when the world ends." Rarity answered.

"That's crazy. How can you just get up and leave while our friends are trying to save us? This isn't like a crashed party."

"Oh Pinkie Pie, you have to face facts. We're not going to win. Both of the Princesses are defeated, the Elements of Harmony harmony are useless, and there's no more magic that can be used to stop Twilight. Face reality, Pinkie. We've lost."

The defeated Rarity once again made her way back to the exit in hopes to return to Ponyville as quickly as possible, leaving Pinkie Pie to feel the same way as she did. But unlike Rarity, Pinkie felt much more determined to see this until the end. So she ran ahead of Rarity and blocked her off.

"Listen up, Rare! I don't face reality. Reality faces ME!"

"That...didn't make any sense, dear."

"WHO CARES!? All that matter is that we have friends out there fighting for EVERYPONY'S lives, and here we are acting like we've lost already! Well let me tell you something that I think you've forgotten about friendship. As long as our friends haven't given up on us, we can't give up on them! And while Twilight has gone nuts, I choose to not give up on her! You can't give up on Twilight either. She's the one who showed how much more important friendship is to us. Now I think it's time for US to remind her what it means as well."

Rarity was surprised by Pinkie's outburst, being surprised that she was still willing to help Twilight, especially after she was found nearly dead by Twilight herself. With a nod and a smile...

"You are absolutely right, Pinkie Pie." Rarity said. "But we still don't have the power to stop her."

"OOH! I know!" In an instant, Pinkie Pie left and return to retrieve a scroll for Rarity. "Maybe this will help. I saw it when Twilight blasted us away."

"The Magic Drain spell?" Rarity read.

"That's the spell Twilight used to become so powerful. Maybe you can use it to take back the magic and fight back!"

"Oh...I don't know. The last thing we new now is a second Twilight Star. Although...me as an alicorn would-OH, look! I'm turning evil already!

"Come on! Princess Celestia and Luna are out cold, Twilight is the main antagonist, and I'm not even a unicorn! Your our last chance."

"Well, I guess you're...wait, what was that you called twi- oh, never mind. I'm sure your answer would confuse me even more."

Taking the risk and studying the Magic Drain spell, Rarity began to prepare what was the only chance at defeating Twilight Star. The spell was simple, so it didn't take Rarity long to figure out how to use it. It only took her a minute to realize that the Arcane Pedestal described in the scroll was the platform Twilight was standing on earlier.

"Okay, I guess I'm ready. Here goes nothing."

Standing on the pedestal and having the spell memorized, she immidiately activated it. Rarity quickly felt a large amount of magic entering her body. She felt nothing wrong right away, but then she started to struggle with the magic that she was absorbing.

"AHH! Too...much...magic..." Rarity said with pain.

Much like what happened with Twilight, Pinkie Pie noticed that Rarty was starting bleed from her eye, scaring her.

"RARITY! STOP!"

Upon Pinkie Pie's cry, she Rarity stopped Magic Drain, then walked off the pedestal with dizzy movements. Even when she stood still, she had a hard time standing still.

"Are you alright, Rarity?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Ow...this can't be right. I've only been taking in magic for like 15 seconds, but Twilight has been doing it for a whole day. I never knew she could hold so much magic in that little body of hers. She must've been stronger then we realized."

"That's our Twilight Sparkle! Always being the best at magic!"

"Oh...it hurts... I can't take it." Rarity said as she felt the magic tearing her up on the inside. "I...have to...let it...OUT!"

Feeling too much pressure in her body, Rarity releases a huge surge of magic from her horn, not aiming it well, and accidently shot my body with it.

"Ahh...much better." She said with relief. "Okay, so that's clearly not going to work. Any other ideas?"

"Oh my gosh...Rarity, look!"

Pinkie Pie saw that Rarity's magic surge had hit me, but it didn't hurt me at all. In fact, it helped re-energized me,and the other two knew that because I started to move again, although still weakly. While Rarity isn't powerful enough to absorb the magic, she and Pinkie Pie knew that I was, and they let out a squee together as they came up with a new plan of attack.

Author's Note:

Now before anyone gets any madder at Twilight, I just wanna say that I personally consider Twilight Star and Twilight Sparkle seperate characters.

Also, I gave a little inside joke for some pony at the sart of the chapter. Hope it got noticed. :squee: