• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,690 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,690

Arriving at Canterlot

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always been one who encouraged Twilight Sparkle to help anypony who needs it.

The irony on how it effected her on that particular instance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took her a while, but with the use of her hot air balloon, she flew to my kingdom in Canterlot with haste! Twilight, with Spike and Dr. Whooves, she even brought along her pet owl with her. She felt that she whatever the reason she had for coming, she would have to make her self at home, since she didn't know how long I needed her with me.

"My word, this truly is better then taking the train!" Whooves said. "What a view of the clouds! Now I know how Derpy feels when she sees the-bad example...when Rainbow Dash sees the clouds. I feel like a pegasus!"

"Trust me. That's nowhere near as good as the view we're about to see." Twilight said. "Look!"

Upon reaching the side of a large mountain, the two ponies found their destination. My home of Canterlot! I can't agree with Twilight more. A pegasus's eye view of my home is a work of art itself. Although in all do modesty, perhaps she was being too kind.

As Twilight Sparkle and Spike looked at my kingdom in awe, Doctor Whooves at the time had his eyes on something else. Two others were flying towards Canterlot. One was a Gold colored pegasus with a bronze colored mane. The other, was a cloaked, bird-like figure. All he could've seen at the time were wings that were flapping out of the cloak, and a staff being held in its talons, but he clearly knew exactly who it was.

Eventually, they landed at a nearby port, where many others fly to Canterlot. Twilight and her group left their balloon as soon as they could so they may get started with what they all need to do, Twilight coming to see me, and Whooves...well, you'll know soon.

"Thank you very much, Twilight. Have a nice visit with the Princess." Doctor Whooves said as he ran off.

"You're very welcome Doctor-" Then, a thought came to Twilight. "Wait, I only told him I was coming to Canterlot. I never told him I was visiting the Princess."

She eventually dismissed that thought because it would be obviously to everyone that she came to see me. She is among my most important subjects after wall. In any case, she and Spike went on and walked through the city to get to my castle. Poor Spike wanted to go by his favorite donut shop, but Twilight was too determined to get to my castle quickly to see me. The poor dragon had to carry Twilight's suitcase around the city.

"Hurry up, Spike! The Princess is waiting!"

"Well, sorry! Maybe if you were to use your magic to carry your own briefcase instead of having me do it!"

"Oh, sorry." Twilight said before using her magic to lift up her suitcase. "I forgot I could do that. But can you blame me? I still have no idea how my life in Ponyville will be affected!"

The poor girl was so worried, that she wasn't paying attention to the road. As she walked forward, she walked right into a wagon filled with fruit stand, knocking the whole thing down. Little cliche, I'll admit.

"HEY!" The earth pony running the stand said. "Watch where you're going!"

Between the angry sales pony and the stand falling over, Twilight's pet owl got scared and flew off on her. The poor birdy.

"Owlicious! Come back!"

Wanting to get her pet owl back, Twilight gave a hasty apology to the salespony and chased after her scared bird. For a moment, Twilight thought she lost her beloved owl. Fortunately for her, her bird stopped flying away after flying by a certain individual. The cloaked bird that Doctor Whooves saw earlier. The owl suddenly found peace by its presence, and gently landed on the figure's arm when he reached out for it.

"OWLICIOUS!" Twilight called out. "Oh, I'm very sorry, sir. Owlicious is normally more calm then that.

The cloaked figured turned to Twilight when he heard her. Through his cloak, she sees that the bird-man himself is that of an owl, which would explain why Twilight's pet found comfort by him. He also had a very humbled look on his face at the time, which obviously helped. In addition to his cloak, he also holds up a long walking staff, with a glass sphere containing an hourglass inside.

Accompanied by the owl man was the same golden pegasus. The pegasus was noticeably more annoyed and angry looking at the time then the owl man. In addition to his golden fur and brown mane, he sported pocket watch cutie mark on his flank.

"Master Chronos! It's her!" The Pegasus announces. "Let's-"

"Hush!" The owl man, now recognized as Chronos said. "Forgive him. In any case, here is your owl back. I can tell he's been well taken care of."

"Oh, thank you, sir. And I'm glad you noticed. He's such a helpful assistant in my library, how can I not treat him well?"

"Hey! What's that suppose to mean?" Spike asked, which prompt Twlight and Chronos to laugh.

"Say, by any chance are you Twilight Sparkle?" Chronos asked.

"Why, yes I am! How do you know me?"

"I...put in great effort to know the names and faces of great historic ponies. And anyone responsible for defeating Nightmare Moon and Discord will deserve a spot in the history books. Regardless, I have other important tasks to be done. A great pleasure meeting you, Miss Sparkle."

"Have a great day! And tanks for the help!"

This bump in with the owl man may not seem to important right now, but rest assure, this is the start of a huge chain of events and the first of many times that Twilight Sparkle will see Chronos.

"Master Chronos, what were you THINKING!" The pegasus asked. "She was right there and we lost the chance!"

"We never had a chance at all. If you took a closer look into the future, you would've known that."

"But that doesn't mean ANYTHING! We could've still done something. We could've-"

"Clockwork!" Chronos interrupts. "In the future I'm seeing, you'll be getting a kick in the flank any day now for arguing with me."

Author's Note:

I know I spelt Owlowscious differently, but I felt Owlicious was much easier to remember for me to write, and other people have written it that way anyway.