• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,690 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,690

Magic, Dragons, and Pinkie Pie

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I eventually decided to stop denying it. I knew for a fact that Twilight was responsible for the chaos. I knew I had to stop her. The only probably was that I wasn't entirely sure if I was up to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we flew in closer and closer to the Arcane Tower, we found a large, strange electrical storm in the direction of the tower. I deemed it too dangerous for us to continue further by flight, so me and Rainbow Dash brought the rest of the group back to the ground.

We didn't to just charge right in because of how dangerous things were likely to get. While the others were discussing the issue at hoof with each other, I took the chance to have Spike write a letter for me.

"Shining Armor!" I said to Spike. "I am currently at the forest of the Arcane Tower, along with Twilight Sparkle's friends. We intend to put an end to loss of magic in Equestria and intend stop it by any means necessary. There is a possibility though that we may lose our lives in this, especially mine. Should something happen to me, I will need you to watch out for my Kingdom until a new ruler is decided. Yours truly, Princess Celestia."

Twilight's friends were all scared by the letter I had Spike write. Especially Fluttershy, who had to be held back by Applejack so she couldn't fly away.

"Oh! PS: Cadance told me about the baby. Congratulations." I quickly added before Spike sent the letter away.

"Wait! If Twilight is doing all this craziness, what exactly ARE we gonna do?" Applejack asked.

"Twilight has been a great friend to us." Rarity said. "We're not going to make an orphan of poor Spiky, are we?"

I wasn't too sure how to answer them. I had mostly been silent so as to not say anything they wouldn't like. It wasn't until then that I realized that they had all been as worried about Twilight as I was. Maybe even more so. My silence must've been scarring them more then anything else, because they didn't know what I intended to do. Ironically, I didn't exactly know what I was going to do myself.

"What ever we do, my little ponies, I promise you that we will bring Twilight home safe and sound. In fact, we will make that our number one priority."

At least I told them something. And it wasn't even a lie. I actually had the intention to bring my student back home, and the other knew that I was telling the truth. While they were small, we all managed to create smiles, as wel all had hope to saving Twilight from this madness.

Suddenly, Spike, burped out a letter that was sent to me. It was written by Shining Armor, and after reading it, I cheered right up through laughter.

I showed the others that the letter said...'CADANCE IS PREGNANT!?' Much to everypony's evil pleasure. I was so glad such a thing lifted our spirits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In any case, we walked further into the forest to get to the tower. The forest was much different then when I first had Twilight come. As the magic had been going into the tower, the trees had been dying, as they had been going from green to brown. The last time I went there, it was full of greenery. It was just one more reason we had to stop Twilight.

"Hey, I've been thinking of something." Rainbow Dash said. "Pinkie Pie went in here with Twilight too. Do you think she's alright too?"

"I think she's dead, Rainbow Dash." Rarity answered.

"Wow. You really see the glass half empty. Don't you, Rarity?"

"No. I mean I think she's dead. Look over there!"

On the path ahead of us had lied the pink pony, Pinkie Pie. From what the others could tell, she was not moving, which would explain Rarity's belief.

"PINKIE PIE!" Everypony shouted.

They charged to her to make sure she wasn't hurt. Sadly, they could tell right away that she had taken some injuries. Fluttershy reached to turn Pinkie's body to have her face the rest. This ended up horrifying everypony, as Pinkie Pie's eyes were wide open, but unfocused. None of them had ever imagined such a thing happening to Pinkie Pie, a pony with a contagious smile.

"Oh...sugar cube." Applejack said sadly, with some tears leaking out. "Poor...poor, poor sugar cube."

"Did...Twilight do this?" Spike asked.

The ponies and Spike were all sadden from finding Pinkie Pie, but I had a sense of doubt. I walked over to observe the body, having the others move from way. I was sensing a small trace of life left in her, and I knew how to use it.

"Girls! I need some space." I said.

As I ordered, the others took a few steps back. I had then focused for a moment to charge up my magic, and when it was at its peak, I fired a powerful light directly at Pinkie Pie. I knew that there was still hope for her, so I took the chance of restore life to her. I had to use an extremely advanced spell, one that only I could use, to do it. But considering it was one of Twilight's best friends, as well as the Element of Laughter, I didn't even had to think about it.

When I had finished, I took a few steps back to give Pinkie Pie some space, hoping that my spell would work. We all saw some good signs. Eye twitching, hoofs twitching, tail twitching. Basically, twitching was a very good thing. And then...

"TWILIGHT! WHAT DID SHE DO? HOW COULD SHE DO THAT!" Pinkie Pie screamed as she jumped up. "Umm...how did I get here?"

"PINKIE PIE!" Everypony shouted.

At last, some good news came. Pinkie Pie had been returned to the group alive and well. They were all extremely grateful of me for reviving Pinkie Pie, but I did not want them to feed my ego. Especially not at that time.

"Pinkie Pie, you must tell us. What happened to you?" I asked her.

"Oh, what HASN'T happened to me? I helped stop Discord from ruling the world, I baby sat for the Cake twins, and have I ever told you how I got my cutie mark?"

"No, I mean what happened to you NOW!"

"Oh. Well, the last thing I remember was that Twilight went crazy, defeated Luna, started to mooch off her magic, then threw me out of the tower."

"Oh my, were you alright?" Rarity asked, only to remember what happened a minute ago. "Never mind. Stupid question."

I heard what I needed to hear anyway. Twilight wasn't just willing to fight off my sister, she was even willing to attack her close friend. It seemed like Twilight was no longer the Twilight she once was, which I actually found to be a good thing. As much as I wanted to save Twilight, I knew if she was no longer the Twilight Sparkle I once called my student, I would have no hesitation to fight her myself.

I knew I would regret it afterwards, but I had to deal with one problem at a time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually, we reached the outside of the Arcane Tower, where Twilight was draining the magic. At this point, Pinkie Pie had told as much as she remembered, such as Twilight's plan to use the Wish spell to change the world for the better, but with the amount of magic she was draining, as well as her recent actions, I knew she would cause more damage then she was already causing.

We looked up and saw the magic being brought to the tower. A large purple vortex of magical energy was enter the tower from the very top, where Twilight Sparkle was. There was so magic around here that one could actually hear it in the air. For some reason, the other weren't feeling the negative effects of Magic Drain. my guess was that the Elements of Harmony were somehow protecting them. My own large reserves of Magic must've been protecting myself as well. But with due time, none of that may of made any difference.

"Don't worry, Twilight." Spike said. "We're here to save you."

"Spike?" A voice called out.

From the top of the tower came a bolt of magic that came down and struck Spike like lightning.

"SPIKEY!" Rarity shouted.

"Oh no!" I said.

Spike was hit with a very powerful spell. His body glowed purple, and in an instant, the baby dragon Spike was gone, and in its place came a giant, fully grown Spike. I don't know if you've ever seen one, but a fully grown dragon are known for being rather...big.

"AAHH! GIANT DRAGON!" Fluttershy shouted as she ran for cover.

The fully grown Spike was unable to control himself, as he began to attack his friends by waving his tail and stomping on the ground. If he had breathed fire at any point of this battle, it would've been pretty bad. All the other's could've done was hide and take cover,

"I guess you've had the right idea this time, Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said.

"This is turning into Spike's birthday all over again." Rarity adds.

"Yeah, but this time, we have Princess Celestia with us." Pinkie said. "Kick his butt, Princess!"

Just as Pinkie Pie said, I was the only one who didn't hide from Spike. He was transformed by a highly advanced age spell, and I was the only one who had the power to reverse. Sure, I was scared. Deathly scared for that matter, but Spike was important to me and Twilight, so I had to help him. As Spike tried to lunge at me with his giant jaws, I fired of bolt of magic of my own into his mouth.

As quickly as it started, it all ended. Spike stopped attacking, he glowed white, then immediately shrunk back down to old normal self. After transforming again, he was left out like a light. It must've been a little too exciting for the little guy since he fell asleep so easily.

"Aww, he looks so cute when he's asleep." Rarity said. "It's almost like watching Sweetie Belle sleeping."

"WHOOHEE! That some great work of magic there, Princess." Applejack complimented.

"I'm afraid you can't get too happy, Applejack." I told her. "Twilight was clearing the one controlling Spike. She was attacking us just now."

"Not attacking. Merely stalling for another minute!"

From the top of the tower, a dark blue body was hurled through a hole in the wall, which then plummeted towards the ground. It was my sister Luna, body shrunken and magically sapped, she was completely powerless and weak as a new born foal. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy saw her falling, flew up, and caught her together. They carefully laid her on the ground where I could speak to her.

"Luna! Speak to me!"

She was still weak and barely alive, but after hearing my voice, she slowly opened her eyes.

"She's become...more powerful...then us." Luna said weakly. "Maybe more then...Discord..."

She hardly had the strength to speak, and quickly passed out. Twilight had clearly stole Luna's magic and discarded her when she was all out. Twilight was making this personal now. She simply had to be stopped.

"Girls, we're leaving Luna down here with Spike. It's time to have a talk with Twilight Sparkle.

"Feel free to stop calling me Twilight Sparkle!"

Without any of us seeing it coming, a strong magical force lifted us all up and brought us to the top of the tower in a matter of seconds, where all of the magic had been taken too. There, we saw her. Completely different from her previous self.

She had become a much larger being then before, having much longer legs, a bigger body, and a horn as long as mine. Her mane had also grown out quite a bit. Most alarmingly, she didn't just have a unicorn horn. She also managed to give herself a pair of pegasus wings. She had transformed herself into an alicorn. To do such a thing to her own body...

"From this moment on, you are all to address me as Twilight Star, the new ruler of Equestria!"