• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,690 Views, 96 Comments

Hour of Twilight - Animegx43



Despite hearing the words of a wise prophet, Celestia sends Twilight Sparkle on a Dangerous mission, one that could decide the fate of equastria, or even the world.

  • ...
9
 96
 1,690

Arriving At The Tower

Hour of Twilight: Chapter 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle learned a lot from Chrono's time ponies. She found out that if she were to continue her journey to Arcane Tower, she would bring end to all life on the planet. However, if she doesn't, much of Equestria and its population would be wiped out anyway.

This was a very dark moment for my faithful student.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Sparkle, please turn back." Doctor Whooves said. "We will be facing a grim future, but you can at least lessen it. If you hurry and leave Equestria, you may even be able to save yourself."

Twilight had to think very deeply about the things she had learned. She didn't like the idea of turning back from her mission, but knew that if she didn't, the entire world would fall to destruction. However, she also witness what would happen if she did nothing, which would bring great sadness through all the land, for many would die anyway. She didn't like the idea of purposely letting others die either, especially friends and family. Rarty's sister would be lost, Canterlot and her parents would be lost, and while I don't like to sound smug or anything, she didn't want to lose me either.

After a deep thought, she brought her head back up, looked forward onto the path, and began to walk forward again, walking past Whooves and his friends. Angry at this, Clockwork the pegasus made a quick dash to get in front of her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He shouted at Twilight. "We just showed you that you'll bring the apocalypse, and now you'll PURPOSELY bring it?"

"Yes, Miss Sparkle. Just what are you thinking? You've seen the results." Whooves asked.

"Yes. Yes, I've seen what may happen if I try to stabilize Arcane Tower. But more importantly, I've seen what will happen if I don't. Neither one is something I'm willing to allow."

"But isn't it better to let the lesser of two evils win?" Whooves asked.

"Maybe. But remember. Princess Celestia has decreed that I will be Equestria's new ruler, and she and my friends all believe that I will do our home proud. I will NOT turn a blind eye on my home or friends. You were saying an evil force will come and take over the tower? Fine, let them. As long as I'm still standing, I will never let anything get past me!"

"YAY! That's my Twilight!" Pinkie pie said with happiness.

"Oh..." Nostalgia said sadly. "Then I've got some bad news. Lord Chronos told us to get past you by any means."

"For once, we agree on something." Clockwork said. "Time zone her, NOW!"

Activating her unicorn magic, Nostalgia summoned a time zone of her own, similar to Chronos's, and encases Twilight inside, causing her to freeze in place. However, while inside, Twilight activated her own magic, dispelling the time zone and repelling Nostalgia back a great distance. My guess was that Nostalgia's time zone was simply much weaker then Chrono's. After landing, Twilight encased the unicorn inside a magical prison of her own, trapping her in a magical dome. Nostalgia tried to dispel it herself, but fails.

"Nostalgia!" Whooves shouted as he charged to help his friend.

"Why you good for nothing whippersnapper!" Clockwork shouted.

Angered by Twilight, the pegasus made a dash to tackle Twilight down. However...

"Oh, no you don't!"

Much to Clockwork's surprise, Pinkie Pie went zooming in and tackled him down, protecting Twilight. She then jumped onto his back, and I'm not lying when I say this, but she actually started riding on his back, making it hard for him to control his movement. It must've been quite amusing.

"Twilight! I'll keep them distracted! You hurry up and move your flank to the tower!" Pinkie Pie said.

"But Pinkie, it's three on-"

"Take advantage of this. You'll never see me do anything serious like this ever again!"

"Okay, you have a point there." Twilight said in agreement. "Alright. Just be sure you'll be alright."

Although she didn't want to leave her friend behind, she knew that she lost alot of time because of the time ponies, so she believed in Pinkie Pie and ran towards her destination, no longer able to pace it, and just ran.

"Whooves! Forget about Nostalgia and go after her, NOW!" Clockwork said with anger.

"There's no point. There's nothing we can do to stop her." Whooves said. "I'm afraid we'll just have to let the master deal with her. Oh, poor Twilight."

"Poor Twilight? Poor me! I still have a maniac on my back!"

While the Doctor continued to find a way to break Nostalgia out of her prison, and while Clockwork was working to get Pinkie Pie off his back, they had no other choice to let me student continue her way to the tower. However, Whooves was right. While they weren't able to stop Twilight, they knew that Chronos was capable of stopping her. In fact, I'll be honest. If I wasn't so scared at the time and was thinking more calmly when Chronos went through the barrier surrounding the tower, I may not of sent Twilight in right away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A mind like Twilight Sparkle doesn't have an overly athletic body, but that was no concern for her, for she ran as fast as she possibly could anyway to get to Arcane Tower as quickly as possible, hoping her friend would be alright alone.

After a long, but fast run, she finally reached the tower. The tower itself didn't look to important, looking more like an extra tall stone guard tower then a magical tower, however, she knew it was it for two reasons. 1. It was the same tower she saw in Nostalgia's image. 2. She can see a blue glow emitting from the center of the tower, as well as feeling a particularly strong force inside.

"I haven't seen Chronos yet. I can only assume that he beat me here. In any case, I better go and fix the core."

Wanting to reach the tower's core ASAP, she chose to not take the stairs and took a different way up. Using a high level magical spell with great concentration, she magically drew a purple square on the ground below her. Upon completion, the square lifted lifted up into the air with Twilight still on it, effectively allowing her to fly. As she flew and reached the tower's center, she used a spell she used more frequently then the flying spell. Her short-ranged teleportation spell.

In an instant, Twilight was inside the tower, and was not very from it's core. Of course a large, floating thing of magical energy will stick out from the rest of the room. As I instructed her, she would have to stabile it until the energy becomes perfectly round, where at the time, it was far from it. However, she didn't try to fix it right away. Something else was bothering her.

"Where is he?" She asked herself.

"Behind you."

Just as he said, the owl man Chronos was sitting on the staircase nearby, who had been waiting for Twilight. He arrived first and and waitedd for her patiently rather then simply move on and completely destabilize the tower's core, of course while he would never admit it, Chronos was a little selfish, as he would've wanted to escape from the tower's destruction himself.

"You actually waited for me?"

"Indeed, Miss Sparkle. I could've used my time zone to accelerate the core's destruction, but if I had done that, you would most certainly of just dispelled it and fix it again. In the end, it didn't matter which of us made here first if we both were to arrive anyway."

"Your friends told what this tower will do if you destroy it." Twilight said angrily. "Why would you lie to me and the Princess and say not say that it would kill so many ponies?"

"If you had known that, she would never do what I advised her to do. She would tried to do what you are doing, and find a third option to save the world."

"Of course she would, Chronos. You're options stink. What's wrong with the third option?"

"What third option" He asked rhetorically. "As the guardian of time, I know every possible outcome of our near future. Either I have this tower be destroyed and wipe out much of Equestria, or another evil force will come and destroy the world. Much like you, the world only have two options for it's future."

"Oh? And what are MY two options then?"

"Either you turn around, leave this tower, abandon your mission, and you will survive the upcoming cataclysm..."

"Oh, we both know that's not going to happen, Chronos. I don't need to see the future to know that much."

"Yes, foolish of me to think that. In that case..." Chronos said as he removes the bottom piece of his staff, revealing its hidden blade. "...you shall die today."

"Bring it on!"

Ready to battle Chronos and protect the tower,and thus protecting all of Equestria, Twilight charged towards Chronos. However, she was forced to halt quickly as Chronos swung his staff upwards, barely missing her with the blade. Since twilight was still close to him, he spun around, raised his talon, and grabbed Twilight's neck by the throat. I could only imagine just how scared Twilight was when that happened.

"I think we can both agree that there's more space for us to fight outside."

Right after that statement, he used his leg and threw Twilight out of the nearest window, throwing her from a high distance from the tower. Any other pony may of fallen to their death, but Twilight managed to stay calm and used her teleportation spell at the last moment, bringing her to the ground without harm, besides the light scratches that were left on her neck. As for Chronos, he jumped from the window, and merely flew his way down to the ground to where Twilight was.

"Are you sure you don't wish to surrender?" Chronos asked.

"Funny how the guardian of time is purposely wasting time." Twilight replied. "As long as my friends and family are on the line, I will never surrender."

Then, with a light sigh and an annoyed look, Chronos merely said to her..."So be it."