• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 12,279 Views, 389 Comments

Therapist Visit - ABagOVicodin



Luna summons a therapist to her room after King Sombra's defeat. Psychological Second-Person story that analyzes Princess Luna.

  • ...
18
 389
 12,279

Invitation

Honey, have you ever thought about the name?

The name for our baby, silly!

I've been giving it a lot of thought. I always loved names that had to do with light. Shining Spark... Morning Glow... Bright Shine... Night Light... Dusk Brille... Lumiere... did you think of any names?

Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't know that you had a headache.

It's been a while since we've laid together like this, hasn't it?

I mean... with you being gone during the night, it's been getting lonely.

It's okay. I understand. You have a job, and you are supposed to go to Princess Luna whenever she calls for you. I just wish that she didn't need you as much as she did...

I know... but it's still too long. I want to keep you all to myself... hehe.

Here. Let me help you with your headache.

Feeling better?

Good. I hate seeing you in pain. So... what do you think?

Yeah. Is she going to change us? Is she going to strengthen our love? We both get to raise a child together, it's what we always wanted. After years of trying, we can finally bring our own little filly into the world. We get to be one big happy family.

The mail came today. We have a few bills for the rent and loans. We have enough for this month, right?

Thank you. I hate that I have to take maternity leave... it makes me feel like I'm not doing my fair share. The checks aren't very much either. I should have gotten a better job before we decided to do this...

But... I can barely pay half of the rent with my maternity leave. I mean... if you didn't get Princess Luna as a client, we would be deep in debt! We are barely scraping by! You haven't lowered any of your morning clients, while I am just sitting around and eating to keep the baby healthy. I couldn't be any more useless... could I?

I love you too. I'm sorry... it's just... frustrating. I can't talk to you during the morning, because you are out with your patients. When you aren't helping them, you have to do nearly everything else. I wish I could at least go grocery shopping without feeling the baby wanting to come out.

Thank you... for everything. If I knew that I would be this much trouble, I would have read more books on what being pregnant does to me. I should have planned this out...

Okay okay... I'll stop worrying... Do you have to go to Canterlot tonight?

I thought so. I should get some rest anyway... thank you for the dinner, it was so good. I think I ate as many pounds as the baby! Heh... Good night Honey... have a good time. I love you.

~

Oh? Please, do come in. Thank you Radiant Step for escorting him to my room. Make sure to thank my sister as well, since I'm sure she asked for you to find him.

This is a pleasant surprise. I didn't think you would visit me so quickly after last week. I just got the letter from you a hour ago.

Do you look okay? You look like you've seen a ghost.

If you say so. Have you gotten a chance to read through my diary?

I see. I understand, you don't have to drop all of your things just so you can study up on me. You can bring it up whenever you are comfortable. Well, if you aren't here for the diary, I would assume you are here to ask about my morning with Fluttershy and the week that followed?

It was one of the most wonderful mornings I've ever stayed up for. We walked around her cottage and I didn't know that she had so many animals in one place! One of her rabbits, Angel I think his name was, wasn't very nice to me. He threw his food at me when I took "his" spot on the couch. However, he warmed up to me afterwards and became one of the nicest pets that I met. We talked to hummingbirds and chickens and even a bear! I mean... Fluttershy talked to them, but they were all nice to me and acted like they understood me. They seemed to know who I was, even though I never talked to these animals before.

I agree. It was very fun, and Fluttershy said she would be more than happy to do it again. It was a success, and I couldn't have done any of it without you. Thank you.

Sure, I did it, but you gave me the idea. You suggested that we teleport to the Canterlot Waterfall and you persuaded me to visit Fluttershy. I would say the two of us are on our way to becoming good friends. Even though I was exhausted from raising the moon and staying up the whole night, I wouldn't trade the experience for the world.

Fluttershy and I talked about her friends while we were feeding the hummingbirds. She told me that she never went sightseeing with a Princess before. I told her I was honored to go with an Element of Harmony, which I think made her kind of nervous. Her face turned red and she tried to pass off her Element as just something she was luckily given. She replied with the notion that she wasn't special and she was the honored one since I was in her presence.

The day went by and Fluttershy asked me about Canterlot, about being a princess. I told her that it is its own kind of blessing, much like the Elements of Harmony. I told her that my sister does a good job ruling alongside me, even though I knew that those words were a lie. My stomach still feels uneasy from lying to her, but I know I can't shatter Fluttershy's perception of my sister. The last thing I want is for her worries to be echoed among her friends. It would snowball into a bigger problem, especially if Twilight Sparkle found out about it. Since I dodged that interaction, I feel accomplished because of the help that I provided. I managed to give Fluttershy advice. I haven't given advice in over a millennium.

She told me about the day when she became aggressive and started to challenge everyone around her due to Iron Will's motivational speech. Everypony around her became a target when she started to take her assertiveness too far, including her friends. She lashed out at all of them, went overboard, and said things that she still regrets, even far after the event has passed. She apologized to her friends, but she told me there were still ponies who ignored her, yelled at her, and completely ran away from her because of that day. She said she didn't want the other ponies to think she was still aggressive and she didn't know what to do.

I brought up the suggestion of asking her friends for help with this problem, but she quickly dismissed the idea. She couldn't ask them because she didn't want to bring her friends into something that was not their business. Plus, she was afraid that some of her friends' actions would complicate her problem.

For example, Rainbow Dash would try and seek out the ones that were constantly running away from her, only to find them and awkwardly push them in Fluttershy's direction. She would also confront the other ponies who yelled at Fluttershy, which would entail more yelling than Fluttershy was comfortable with.

Rarity would probably over-complicate things by offering extra clothes to the ones who were affected by Fluttershy's aggression. This wasn't acceptable since Fluttershy didn't want Rarity to waste money on her problem. Pinkie Pie was the same way with cakes and pastries, although I mentioned to Fluttershy that Pinkie Pie knows everypony in town, and if she were to have Pinkie Pie follow her around while she looked for the ones she wronged, it would be easier.

Fluttershy said that this was her problem and if she didn't solve it by herself, she wouldn't learn from her problem as much as if she solved it herself, which was probably advice that Applejack gave her. I asked her why she didn't talk to Twilight about this, and Fluttershy said that Twilight took a trip to Canterlot, so she was unavailable.

I told her that we all make mistakes, and I helped her laugh off her worry with a joke about my scary attendance during Nightmare Night. I continued and told her that if she didn't fix her mistakes, they will mould her both to the public and to herself. I wish I rephrased my words a little softer, since Fluttershy started to shake and worry even more. I put a hoof on her shoulder and told her that if she really didn't want her mistakes to hover over her, she had to solve them. She was over-thinking her problem, and I believe she mentioned that she didn't even talk to the ones that she wronged. She just accepted whatever treatment they gave her, whether it was running away, yelling, or ignorance. I told her that she had to apologize to those that she wronged. The ones who are running away from her are not aware of how kind Fluttershy could be, and she couldn't let her shyness prevent her from apologizing.

She said she was scared; she didn't know if the others would accept her apology or not. I told her that not everypony is going to accept her apology. She might have ruined some other pony's day because of her actions long ago, and some might simply not believe her. But, I told her the point is not whether or not someone else believes her. It certainly factors in, but the point is whether or not she believes herself. I know she believes she is sorry for what she did, and while she may be shy, if she really wanted it to, she could manage to articulate her feelings to the others that she wronged. How could they know how she felt if she never talked to them?

Fluttershy thanked me for the advice and we continued our sightseeing tour for a few hours. When we finished, she asked if I was willing to do this again. I told her I was more than happy to, but it wouldn't be for a little while. I didn't want to tell her that staying up this far past the morning was exhausting me beyond belief, because she would probably take it the wrong way. It was my choice and I was glad that I did it. I just... need a lot of sleep until I can go sightseeing again.

When I was about to leave for Canterlot, Fluttershy thanked me again for the advice that I gave her and told me she was going to try out my suggestion when she went to the market that day. Apparently she saw the ones she previously yelled at on a daily basis. I hoped she could solve her problem on the same day, because it becomes harder to forgive others when they take so long to apologize. Fluttershy sent me a letter a few hours before I woke up and I was thrilled to hear that one of her victims already forgave her.

I couldn't be happier with the time I had with Fluttershy. Is there anything that you wanted to go over? I don't see any new scrolls inside of your bag, I would assume that because of this, you had a whole visit planned out in your mind.

Ah yes... I forgot to mention Twilight Sparkle. Fluttershy said that Twilight was going to Canterlot to check out more books from the Canterlot Library. I wanted to... who is it?

It's me, Luna.

Come in my sister.

Hello Luna, I have missed you. Am I interrupting anything?

Not at all. I thought that you would be asleep by now. Is there something that you need?

I wanted to talk to you, about Twilight Sparkle.

What is it you wish to talk about, Sister?

She is ready, Luna.

You sent her Starswirl's notebook?

Yes.

And you believe that she is going to complete the spell?

I know she is going to complete it. Luna, Twilight is one of the most powerful unicorns I have ever seen. She has learned more about the magic of friendship than Starswirl ever could, and has grown stronger in her magic with her friends ever since she moved to Ponyville. I know she can solve the spell that even Starswirl, you, or me couldn't figure out.”

I almost solved it, Sister.

As did I, Luna, but the mere fact is that learning the magic of friendship was not our destiny. My destiny was to raise the sun and rule alongside you. Your destiny was to master raising the moon, and you have done it better than I ever could. Luna... is something the matter?

No, I'm fine. I'm happy for Twilight Sparkle. She is going to become one of us, a Princess of the Magic of Friendship.

Don't look at me like that. I can't talk to her. I can't say anything.

Luna, I wanted to ask you something.

Yes?

I am going to be holding a Coronation Dinner for Twilight five weeks after she becomes a Princess. The leaders of the Griffin, Zebra, and Saddle Arabia kingdoms will be attending the dinner to meet her. I have a favor I would like to ask of you.

… Yes?

I can think of no one better than Twilight's friends to help organize and throw the dinner for her. I'm going to be gone for a while to meet up with the leaders of the other countries and organize their attendance. I would appreciate it if you could talk to Twilight's friends and get them to cater, decorate, and provide the entertainment for the dinner. I can still raise the sun. I won't be gone for long, so you do not have to worry about that.

I never worried about it.

Twilight will become a Princess tomorrow, and I don't want anything to get in the way of her discovery. I think it would be best to talk to her friends in a week, after everything has settled down and the group is back to their original selves.

How do you know that they will stay the same Sister? It's... such a big change.

To them, it won't be. Twilight Sparkle will still be Twilight Sparkle, whether she is a Princess or not.

I will do this for you Sister.

Thank you Luna. Have a good night.

Good night to you as well, Sister.

I should have seen it coming.

Sorry for sending you my thoughts. I just... had to. I might have exploded if I didn't.

No... please... I don't want to talk about it. Just... take your payment and go. I have a lot to think about. Have a good night my Therapist. Come to me tomorrow evening... I'm sure my thoughts will be more controlled then...

Author's Note:

Alrighty. Sorry folks for the long time between updates. I had a huge smack of the writer's block, and then right when I wrote this chapter, Alicorn Twiley happened and I had to completely rewrite it, along with the ending and all the other corresponding chapters. But... I'm actually happier with the new ending. It's better than the one I had planned.

I can't promise release dates on my chapters, but I can promise that this fic will be done by the end of March, possibly before. Thank you all for staying with me and I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter.