• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 12,284 Views, 389 Comments

Therapist Visit - ABagOVicodin



Luna summons a therapist to her room after King Sombra's defeat. Psychological Second-Person story that analyzes Princess Luna.

  • ...
18
 389
 12,284

Collection

I am sorry for the rude way in which I ended the meeting last week. I was doing it solely for your benefit. Words have only made me that angry once, and I do not wish to repeat it.

Yes, I did get a letter from somepony, but you do not have to worry about it for the time being. I will address the letter later. I see you have a few more things in your saddlebag than usual. Do you mind telling me what they are?

A test? If you wish. Those cards are going to be a part of them? Very well. I suppose my complete lack of instructions is supposed to be part of the game?

Thank you for clarifying. I suppose this is going to be quick. Thank you for making this a quick visit. I am still thinking about what you said and whether or not you should be on the moon because of it.

I heard of this test before, but have never actually been subjected to it. I remember Starswirl the Bearded had this test applied to him before he was allowed to study the magic that Twilight Sparkle will no doubt be accomplishing soon.

I'm sorry, I will relax.

Okay, I think I'm ready. Please show me the first card.

~

This card is interesting. I can think of a few stories that can be applied to this card. I see a moth in here among the ink. The dividing line down the middle makes the picture look symmetrical. But you can see the small amount of ink that makes this not the case. This card reminds me of the intricacies of life. This moth is almost perfect if you look at it objectively. But when I try and imagine this moth in my mind, I think that it is not as perfect as we claim it to be. The four holes nearby the center can hinder the moth's flying. Perhaps it is crippled and has to work harder to do the same actions as the other moths. The moth is so close to being perfect, but the few asymmetrical errors prevents this. I can imagine the moth trying its best in order to stay relevant to her pack... I mean... to its pack.

My apologies if I seemed to ramble. I had one more image that I wish to share with you, if you do not mind.

If you turn the card to the left or right, you can see a four legged animal. I would call it a cat or a fox if there was a tail present. For all we know, the tail could be tucked under their legs, I'm not sure. But the mirror image below the animal makes me think of a lake's reflection. A mirror would be unable to provide such a reflection, since it gives a perfect view. A lake is inhabited by the fauna of Equestria, so the little intruders in this visual could be a few bugs or a lily pad. Perhaps the animal is recollecting over their recent accomplishments, or just wants a serene place to calm their mind. The animal has something on its mind. It only has a half glance towards the lake, which means that it is either thinking about staring again, or the animal has something troubling them that prevents their full attention from being grabbed.

I want the animal to keep staring. Distractions are frequent in our society; I feel like this animal is not allowing itself to rest. The letter is inside of the house, and yet the animal intends to check every post office. I will end on that note.

Oh, another card? I see. Well then, we will go over my answers when we are done, I'm assuming.

~

I can tell that this card is supposed to make me uncomfortable. It doesn't make me think of anything happy, only the actions that follow when there is a lack of harmony. I can only think of blood, and the retreat of an offender when they have done their deed. This card... makes me distaste the actions of the minority. I know that my subjects are only trying their hardest to bond and develop friendships. I do not blame them. However, when it comes to beings like Discord, King Sombra, and Queen Chrysalis, who only intend to sap the harmony out of the world, those feelings come back. The anger... the hatred.

Please put the card away. I don't want to see it anymore.

Thank you.

~

This next card is interesting. Two images come to mind when I look at this card. The first image is simple. I see the neck part of a tuxedo suit for a colt. The red heart shapes in the middle could form a bow tie, while the rest of the black provides the outline for the suit. I have seen many of these suits on stallions that used to try and ask me out on a date. My sister never denied me the privilege of going out with a stallion, but there was a trend among those that did want to. They never established a date time, even though they promised that they would, “Get back to me.”

There are two things in Canterlot that most stallions wanted: money and power. If you were in Canterlot, chances are you already had a significant amount of money. What status symbol would be the most prestigious? The king of course. I remember one specific stallion that I almost... Never mind. It's nothing.

This card also makes me think of Princess Cadance. Her love magic is powerful, capable of overpowering the mind of anypony. She has already been taught by my sister to control it and not overdo the powers of attraction and intimacy. You know the old saying: Love is blind. I'm glad that I got my sight back.

Don't write that down. It's irrelevant.

This card gives me the image of two ponies as they feel that spark of attraction. The fluttering feeling that moves through their chest as their eyes meet is one of a kind. I can imagine their hesitation to speak, to discuss their feelings. Perhaps one of them has a crush on the other and is finally overcoming their fears. Maybe the school dance is coming up and one of them wishes to ask the other to it. Either way, I'm happy for them. Finding that very special somepony is a goal that everypony should accomplish. I'm happy for them, I'm happy for you, I'm happy for all of my subjects.

The next card? We are moving through these quickly, aren't we?

~

This card is different from the others... it's judging me. It reminds me... makes me think of a child being scolded by their parent. This card is completely symmetrical compared to the others, almost as if this paragon of judgment is certified to look down upon you. I can't think of anything cute to attribute to this card. It only makes me think of other ponies as they rear their fore hooves up to strike or point. The viewpoint makes one think that they are on their back as they stare up at this card. I wonder what my sister would say in response to this card. Perhaps she wouldn't feel anything. Nothing is judging her.

I'm sorry but I do not wish to provide you with a story for this card. I think you got enough information.

~

This next card is easy. I don't understand why this card wasn't placed in the beginning of the test, since it reminds me of the first card. This card is a perfectly symmetrical moth. As opposed to the first card, this moth is probably one of the perfect ones, a regular moth that accomplishes their duties with a lack of interference or challenge. There are a few scuff marks on the wings of the moth, which could represent small battles that the moth had to partake in to continue. If I had one word to represent this card, it would be tenacity. You can call it luck or destiny, either way, this moth will achieve great things.

~

I... do not wish to say anything about this card. Don't write that down either. Move on to the next one.

~

Another asymmetrical card I see. The bottom of the card is what stands out to me. It is hard to tell whether both sides of the card are lines extending outwards from the center point on the bottom, or lines converging into one point. Another two images come to mind.

Much like the card that reminded me of Princess Cadance, I see a connection in here. Whether it is tangible or not, the bottom of the card seems to project the combination of the two “lines”, if we want to call them that. The darker color could represent the fact that the two lines are now “full” or more perfect now that they are combined. They aren't completely perfect however, since the center is just as asymmetrical as the two “lines”. Maybe this is a metaphorical representation of marriage, the combination of two things that are not perfect to try and create a more stable bond.

The other story I can think of is the image of a mind. The center in this image could represent the beginning of our thoughts: the desire for food, drink, and attention. It's just a simple point. But through living life and experiencing it, the thoughts eventually change in scope and depth. You could have a deep thought such as, “What is the meaning of life?” to a simple question about the food in front of you. The “lines” could also be thought of as a time line of thought. There are big amounts of ink in different areas followed by retractions in thinking, much like when a pony becomes a teenager or an adult. There are also withdrawals in thought, such as the end of the “lines” and the beginning of your expiration.

~

I like this card. I'm glad that this card has some color in it, other than the blood red color that was presented in the other two cards. The top green blot on the card makes me think of the Royal Canterlot Guard helmets. The blue blots remind me of a flag, perhaps Equestria's own flag. Or my own, I do see a tilted moon on the two flags. The orange and pink bottom of the card makes me think of Celestia's form during the Summer Sun Celebration. You haven't seen it before? I recommend it. The orange that engulfs her body when she changes the sun in front of everypony is beautiful...

I'm sorry, I spaced out. Where was I?

Oh yes, the card. The outside pink portion of the card looks like two four legged animals. Perhaps they are on the prowl, looking for food to eat. They certainly aren't relaxed. Their bodies look tense and on the edge.

This card looks like a metaphor for Equestria under my sister's rule. All of the ink on the card is connected to one another in some way. Equestria runs smoothly under my sister's rule. There is an army, diplomatic relations are held with every city because of my sister, and if anything goes wrong, the Elements of Harmony are nearby to bring peace back to the country. This is all summed up in this one card, although I'm sure that wasn't the intention when this card was made. That is just my story.

No, the tense creatures have nothing to do with my metaphor.

~

This next card is difficult to respond to. I know that it is asymmetrical and the colors easily blend into one another. Apart from that, no particular shapes stand out to me. I can't say that it is a phoenix, since the colors are off, and my sister does not turn green during the Summer Sun Celebration. I'm done with this card, please show the next one.

~

This last card is certainly a myriad of colors. These visuals bring me back to the fauna that I mentioned previously. All of these silhouettes look like a creature from nature, whether it is a caterpillar or a crab. Just like one of the previous cards, all of the ink creatures are connected in some way, which could represent the Equestrian food chain. I can't give all the blots a creature name, since some of them just look like ambiguous shapes, but this is the only thing that I could think of.

We are done? I see. Well, look at the time. We are a half hour over our usual time. I'll pay extra for tonight since you endured me for this long.

Okay, while you gather your thoughts, I will address this letter on my bed.

Oh, this letter is for my sister. I shouldn't be surprised. The mailmare must have accidentally placed it in the wrong bin this time. Oh well, I guess I will...

This letter has your name on it.

I'll just open this up and see what you wanted to tell my sister.

Is something the matter? Oh? Then why did you just try to grab the letter with your magic? Are you hiding something from me?

Well then, at least you are honest with me, this time. Let me just read this letter and we can pick up where we left off.

~

How dare you. You have the nerve to try to go behind my back to my sister in order to get her input on my mental condition? Should I even bother to tell you the code of your own people? Patient confidentiality? Does that not exist anymore?

Never once did I tell you that I planned on ending my own life, the therapist code clearly states that confidentiality can only be broken if the patient harbors feelings of hurting others or thoughts of suicide. This is not the case. You have betrayed me.

I am not going to yell. I am not going to scream. You, on the other hand, are going to gather all of your things, turn around, and walk back to your home. Have I made myself clear? I no longer require your services, since I obviously cannot trust you with my feelings. Your final payment is on the dresser behind you. While I cannot stop you if you decide to go to my sister again, I would recommend that you move on to another patient and forget about our conversations.

If I catch you near our castle again, I will teleport you back to Ponyville with no repercussions, but I'm sure that you wouldn't make the same mistake twice. I'll ask again, have I made myself clear? Good. Now stand up, take your payment, and leave.

Author's Note:

I wanted to have this done on Christmas Day so that I could have a present for my readers. However, a hardcore writer's block hit me and I was unable to write until today. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, even though it's slightly weirder than my previous ones. Merry Holidays!