• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 12,288 Views, 389 Comments

Therapist Visit - ABagOVicodin



Luna summons a therapist to her room after King Sombra's defeat. Psychological Second-Person story that analyzes Princess Luna.

  • ...
18
 389
 12,288

Resistance

Hello?

Hello there Rarity. It is I, Princess Luna. How are you doing this fine day?

The...the...the...Princess Luna is at my door?

...

Rarity, are you okay?

Oh... uh... yes of course. I’m alright. I just didn’t expect a visit from you. Uhm... can you give me a few moments?

Of course.

Thank you. Just a teeny moment.

I guess she wasn’t ready for my visit. I can hear her levitating things around.

Sorry for the wait, Your Highness. Please come in. What can I help you with?

Thank you for allowing me in. I have come to you today because I believe your decorating prowess could be used for something that my sister and I have been planning.

You have perfect timing Your Highness! I just finished a large commission of dresses for Princess Celestia, so I have nothing on my plate for the time being! Whatever it is that you wish to throw at me, I will complete post-haste!

Ah, so you were the one that made the royal dresses for the coronation.

I... yes. Was there something wrong with them?

Oh, not at all Rarity. I loved those dresses, I just didn’t know that you made them.

I wasn’t really a fan of the color though. Watch how you say it Luna, she seemed a little hurt.

I admit was a little nervous with the final design of the dress since Princess Celestia didn’t tell me a lot about what she wanted. I just had to ah... “go with my gut” so to speak... on the dresses. I’m glad that you liked them! If you can, would you please ask your sister if she liked hers?

Yes of course. I’ll talk to my sister when I get home.

Thank you Your Highness. Now, I believe you wished for me to provide decorations for an occasion?

Only if you think you are up for it.

Of course! Why, you traveled all the way here from Canterlot, I simply cannot send you back disappointed! You are royalty, and you deserve to be treated as such.

Well in that case, how much would it cost for you to decorate for a royal dinner in Canterlot?

Decorate... for... a royal... dinner?... Canterlot?... Royalty?

Um... yes?

NOTHING! I’LL DO IT FREE OF CHARGE! I mean... heh... what is the occasion?

My sister and I are holding a royal coronation dinner for Princess Twilight. We want to celebrate her Princesshood, along with providing her introduction to the leaders of the other countries, such as the Griffin and Zebra nations.

I see... I suppose you are going to want the best for that dinner? If you like, I can give you Hoity Toity’s address. He probably knows better decorators than myself.

I thought about hiring Hoity Toity, but I remembered the beautiful dresses that you made for Twilight and her friends for the Grand Galloping Gala. Not only that, but you also made Princess Cadence’s dress, and it was just as beautiful. Since I now know that you made the dresses for the coronation, I’m sure you can do more than just that.

But I... have never done anything other than dresses before. This dinner is very important for Twilight. Are you sure you want to risk the decorations with me?

I want no one else to do these decorations. I trust that you will decorate the main dining hall with enough splendor and beauty to render even Hoity Toity and Photo Finish speechless.

Th...Thank you Princess Luna.

One more thing, Rarity. I ask that you please keep your decoration ideas a secret from Twilight Sparkle. Both my sister and I want this dinner to be a surprise for her. You can send me a letter if you need one of my sister’s royal guards to hide your finished decorations for you or if you need help with anything else. Also, I would feel really uncomfortable if you did all of this without any payment. My sister will make sure that you receive proper payment for your participation.

Alright. If you really want me to do this, then shan't waste another moment! Could I trouble you to stay for a little bit longer so that we can go over the colors and format of the Royal Dining Hall? It would be easier for me to make decorations if I know where everything is.

Hi Rarity, bye Rarity!

Wait just a minute Sweetie Belle!

Dangit... I gotta learn how to unlock doors with magic. Ooh, maybe that can be my cutie mark! I should talk to the girls about it.

My apologies Princess, just give me a moment.

Take your time Rarity.

Sweetie Belle, in the other room please.

Ugh. Fine.

Are you planning to see that colt again?

What's it to you, Sister!

I am just wondering. I do not approve of you going out on your silly Cutie Mark Crusader adventures if he is going to be a part of them.

You aren’t my mother, you can’t tell me what to do!

I may not be your mother, but I am your older sister. It would behoove you to listen to me.

Stop using such big words! I'm not a dictionary!

Sweetie Belle, please calm down. I’m your older sister and I only want what’s best for you.

Well maybe the best for me is not to have a sister!

Sweetie Belle! You take that back, this instant!

No! I want a sister that takes my feelings for him seriously! You are... just so frustrating! I’m leaving!

Well... fine! Don’t expect me to be awake when you come back!

Deja vu...

My sincerest apologies that you had to hear my drama Your Highness. I beg of you, please don’t take away this task that you have granted me!

I had no intention to.. If you don’t mind, may I ask about...?

If you must...

Sweetie Belle got a coltfriend, didn’t she?

Yes... yes she did. I’m assuming we want to go with Twilight’s main colors for the decorations? Purple, Pink, and Dark Blue?

Yes, those are good colors. Purple is a fitting color for the coronation dinner, since it is going to be a royalty focused event. Do you know who he is?

No, I do not. Sweetie Belle hasn’t introduced me to him yet, which is one of the reasons why I don’t like him. If Sweetie Belle is so hesitant to introduce me to him, then there must be something wrong with him. He is probably the kind of colt that I don’t want my sister to be around. But alas, I can’t ground her. She won’t listen if I do.

Why not just talk to her parents about it?

Mother and Father are out on a vacation for a week. I am watching Sweetie Belle until they come back. She came into my house on the first day of her visit with the biggest grin on her face. I saw it in her eyes. She was in love. I have a feeling that Mom and Dad don’t know anything about her coltfriend, since she was sneaking around my house the first day she was here. She was trying to figure out a good way to escape, but I always lock the back door and the front door is usually within my line of sight. So, I caught her and sat her down. I tried to tell her that I didn’t want her “playing” with another colt while I was watching her. She tried to tell me that her coltfriend was the best thing that ever happened to her, that he fit right in with the Cutie Mark Crusaders and has been nothing but nice and chivalrous to her.

He sounds nice.

Indeed he does, but this is coming from the filly that is in love with him. I remember back when I was in school, the silly things that I did in order to slide past my parents and go hang out with the colt that I liked. I acted the same way as Sweetie Belle does right now. I thought he was the one, and we would live together happily ever after. But, it was puppy love, that silly little amount of love that you first experience when your hormones start to act up and change who you are.

And you believe that Sweetie Belle is going through the same thing?

Well... yes. She’s being secretive, rebellious, defiant, and all around rude to me. I was the exact same way with my parents and I endured a month’s worth of grounding for things that I said to them. I want to nip that little fiasco in the bud, but I guess I just have to live with it.

Rarity, I hope you don’t mind me saying so, but perhaps you are looking at this whole thing in the wrong light?

Whatever do you mean?

I’m pretty sure that everypony has gone through puppy love. But you aren’t taking into account a few possibilities. Maybe this colt is actually a good friend of Sweetie Belle’s, and isn’t her coltfriend? I didn’t hear Sweetie Belle say anything about her coltfriend, only that she liked him and was going out to do things with him.

You heard that? I was trying to be as quiet as possible...

Sorry Rarity, but you aren’t exactly quiet when you get into the heat of things.

Eh...heh. Sorry about that. Maybe I did jump to conclusions a little too quickly...

Which is fine. We all do it. You just have to be a little more aware of what conclusions you are jumping to. What do you know about this colt?

Well... other than the fact that he has turned my sister into a giggling and blushing mess, I know that he is a part of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Hmm. If both Applebloom and Scootaloo haven’t kicked him out of the Cutie Mark Crusaders yet, then perhaps he isn’t as bad as you think he is?

Perhaps... What is the layout of the room?

Oh yes. This wall is mostly a large stained glass window, which is going to show Twilight’s transformation into an alicorn. I swear whoever Celestia pays for those stained glass windows is making a fortune off of us. Those other two walls are an alabaster color. There are six support beam pillars here, here, here, here, here, and here. I’m not sure how the tables are being set up, I’ll have to talk to Pinkie and Applejack about that.

Oh, they are going to help with the dinner as well?

Of course. I want all of Twilight’s friends to help. I figured that Pinkie Pie and Applejack would be the perfect ones to ask for catering.

Well, you are right. I’ve seen Pinkie Pie cater hundreds of ponies just by herself. I really don’t know how she does it.

I’m sure none of us know how she does it. I just visited her and I have to say, she certainly stands out. Well, that’s the dimensions of the room. I’ll talk to Pinkie and Applejack about their catering plans and when they tell me, you will get a letter shortly. Thank you for doing this Rarity, I’m so glad that you agreed.

Oh, it’s no trouble at all. As Celestia as my witness, I will make sure that these decorations will shine throughout all of Equestria! The leaders will be more than impressed with what Equestria has to offer!

Hehe. I admire your enthusiasm. Well, this is where I take my leave. I still have a lot that I have to do.

Wait, Princess Luna?!

Yes, is something the matter?

Well... I’m sure that for the dinner, nearly everyone who is attending is going to want a new dress for the occasion. Would you like me to make one for you?

I appreciate the offer Rarity, but I can’t put you to all that trouble. You are already decorating the dining hall, worry about that.

Although the coronation dress did fit a little loosely on me. It’s like my sister got my measurements taken while I was asleep or... that little foal...

No I insist! I just need to take your measurements and then you will be on your way. I know you probably have places to be, so I’ll be as fast as possible.

Very well. Thank you Rarity.

It’s no problem at all! Let’s see... where’s my measuring tape... I remember Sweetie Belle was using it a little bit ago... where did she put it. Ugh!

Uh... heh heh. I’m sure she just forgot where she put it. It’s no problem at all. Ah, there it is! Okay. If you don’t mind, will you hold out your forelegs?

Alright.

So tell me Princess Luna, what’s it like, being in Canterlot? Being in the city where Hoity Toity, Photo Finish, and Sapphire Shores live?

I think Rarity idolizes Canterlot more than she should.

It’s a very interesting city to say the least. I don’t see much during the night time, but I’ve heard that there are some bars and restaurants that are open throughout the night.

I’ve only eaten once at Canterlot, but it was at a small cafe. I haven’t been able to taste any of Canterlot’s delicacies.

Did you go to The Alicorn Eatery while you were in Canterlot?

Let’s check the waist... no I haven’t. It sounds fancy.

It is. A hay steak a la carte is around 200 bits.

T...t...two? H-h-hundred?

Yeah, but it’s the best steak I’ve ever tasted in my life. I wonder where the name “steak” comes from. Anyway... I haven’t gone in over a thousand years, so I hope that it’s still open. From what I’ve heard, it is.

It sounds like a wonderful place, but I’m afraid I don’t have the resources to spend that much money. I’m pretty sure I’m not going there for a while. Can you stand on your hind legs, please?

Sure. Well, I’m sure that you aren’t going to be able to complete the decorations in one sitting. Perhaps it would be easier if you came over to Canterlot to see the layout of the room? I bet that drawing helps, but I’m sure that the dinner would be easier to decorate if you visited the room.

I would love to visit! I have enough money for a train ticket.

Do you have plans for Tuesday?

Um... I don’t think so.

Would you like to go out to dinner at The Alicorn Eatery?

The...the place that has 200 bit steaks?

Sure. I can pay for it. We can discuss the colors more during the dinner and talk about whatever you wish.

You mean... like a date?

No. Not like a date.

I guess the connotations with a dinner have changed since I have been imprisoned. I have to keep that in mind. She sighed, I’m guessing in relief. Good to see that the feeling is mutual. That would have been awkward later down the line.

I would love to. Well, I have all of your measurements taken. I guess that the dress that I made before was larger than you needed. I’m sorry for that.

It’s alright Rarity. I’m sure the next dress you make will be even better, possibly your best.

Thank you.

No, thank you Rarity. I guess that this is all I came here to talk to you about. Thank you for agreeing to both dinners.

It’s my pleasure. Shall I meet you at the Canterlot train station?

No need. I’ll send some of my guards to escort you to Canterlot. It won’t take long.

I couldn’t ask for that Your Highness. You are going through all of this trouble, just for me.

It’s no trouble at all Rarity, relax. Have a good day okay?

And you as well, Princess Luna.

Please, call me Luna.

Very well. Have a good day, Luna.

EEEEE! I GOT ANOTHER COMMISSION FROM THE PRINCESS!

Author's Note:

Three more chapters. Are you ready my readers?