• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 12,288 Views, 389 Comments

Therapist Visit - ABagOVicodin



Luna summons a therapist to her room after King Sombra's defeat. Psychological Second-Person story that analyzes Princess Luna.

  • ...
18
 389
 12,288

Reconcile

Halfway done... I just need to talk to Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash, then the preparations for the dinner will be complete. Curse you my therapist... for being such a manipulative little foal. I’m so tired. I just need to finish this, and then I can leave Ponyville and go to sleep.

Hmm... Sugarcube Corner. I’ve never been here before. I believe I saw it once during Nightmare Night. It looks delicious. Well, I can’t spend all of my time out here. I might as well go inside.

Is that Princess Luna?

Oh, oh it is! Hurry Cup Cake, get some sweets in the oven! Start baking... what is it that Princess Celestia liked last time we catered for her!?

I don’t know! She had a little bit of everything!

Excuse me Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

Your Highness... we are honored that you would step inside of our sweets shop. Doesn’t Canterlot have better places than here?

Well... I did not come in here for any sweets, unfortunately. I forgot to bring my money with me.

Oh please Your Highness, we can’t take your money.

Yes. Please eat whatever you want. Would you like some carrot cake? Or perhaps a piece of one of our latest creations? It’s blueberry and vanilla. An odd combination, but we have heard nothing but fantastic things from it!

Hi there Princess Luna!

Ah, there is the mare that I came to see. Hello there Pinkie Pie. How are you doing today?

I’m doing just fine tootin! I slept in a little bit today because I was up all last night baking new pastries for one of the Cake’s orders. They looked really tired and I told them that they could go to bed and come back to the order when they woke up. Well, I did the whole order while they slept! So now it’s all ready!

We didn’t say that you had to do that Pinkie... we were fine by ourselves...

I know! But I wanted you to be all caught up and happy, and you are! Everypony wins!

Pinkie, can I speak with you alone?

Oh... oh no. Did Pinkie do anything Your Highness? I swear we didn’t mean for her to do it if she did.

We take full responsibility!

It’s okay Mr. and Mrs. Cake. Pinkie Pie did not do anything wrong. I just need to speak with her about Twilight Sparkle.

Ooh! I was going to visit her later today! Is it some kind of super secret plan? Are we going to hold a surprise for her? I love surprises!

Let’s discuss it in private Pinkie.

Alright! Private Pinkie, march!

I’m sorry Your Highness. Pinkie is just... Pinkie.

I like her. Hehe. I wouldn’t have her any other way.

~

I’ve never seen your room before Pinkie.

And I haven’t seen yours! Maybe we could switch rooms for a day and the both of us could see what it’s like to be each other! I would love to wear that crown!

Hehe. Maybe some other time Pinkie. I came here because I want to talk to you about something important.

Oh yes... yes of course. Something... important. Like... Equestria Daily important, right?

Um... sure. Equestria Daily important. Pinkie... what are you doing?

I’m going into my super secret idea closet! Want to come in?

You crazy little mare...

Sure, I’ll come in.

This is my super secret idea closet, where I get nearly all of my party ideas! This little suspended lightbulb flashes whenever I get an idea.

Doesn’t it need a string or something? The light bulb is just hanging in midair...

Nope!

I should just stop asking questions. This mare is more confusing than theoretical magic physics.

So, you wanted to talk about Twilight right? What are we planning for her?

Well Pinkie, as you are no doubt aware, Twilight Sparkle has become the latest Alicorn Princess in Equestria.

I know! I have been coming in here nearly every day so that I could come up with a big Alicorn party for her! I think I might have to build up a new party cannon for that. If it’s going to be an Alicorn party, it’s going to have to be big!

Exactly. My sister and I are holding a dinner for Twilight Sparkle in commemoration of her transformation. Celestia had the idea that I ask you and Applejack to cater for the occasion.

I would love to! Let me just check my calendar. It’s outside the closet near my dresser! When is it?

Three weeks.

Hmm... that’s a day before I leave to visit my parents. I can do it!

You are going to visit your parents?

Yep! I’m going to a family reunion! Every Pie from all over Equestria is going to be there!

Oh wow. I’d imagine that a reunion like that is too crazy for its own good. If one of you is like this... I can only imagine what the rest of your family is like.

If you could weaponize her energy... I shudder to think of the possibilities...

Nah, the rest of my family isn’t like me.

Huh?

My family isn’t as hyper and excited as I am!

They aren’t? What do you mean?

Well... nearly every member of the Pie family is a rock farmer. I am the only Pie that decided to not become a rock farmer. Back when I was a filly, I used to live with my rock farmer family. Back on the farm, there was no smiling. We ate, walked out onto the farm, and harvested rocks until the night time for very low amounts of money. I remember the times when my mom and dad would fight about money. They thought that they were being quiet, but the walls were slim enough to where I heard them nearly every night. They said they were barely scraping by, and the only reason they were able to pay the bills was because the whole family was working.

That sounds terrible... I’m sorry Pinkie Pie.

That’s okay. It’s not all that bad! I’m lucky to be myself! I get to have two families. The Pies are my family, and the Cakes are my family as well! I love them both, more than anything! That’s why when the Pies sent me a letter asking me if I was going to attend the reunion, I immediately sent them one back and told them that I would.

Wait a minute. If you were the only one to move away from the rock farm, does that mean that you are the only one that smiles?

Not exactly. Back when I worked on the farm, there was this one day where I saw this giant rainbow that shot across the sky! It was huge, colorful, and so pretty! That was the first time when I smiled. Now I do it nearly every second of every day! Anyway, I wanted to bring this smile to everypony that I met, including my family! I found a very special rock that I think was a gemstone, and I sold it to some pony that I don’t even remember. Either way, he gave me a bag full of bits and I used those bits to buy party decorations. I threw this big party for my family and every single one of them smiled. They loved it. I was so happy! From then on, I dedicated my life to making sure that I become friends with everypony! Beyond that, I want to make sure that everypony smiles!

Here you are, a mare in royalty with nearly everything that you want, and you are wasting your time on this planet while this mare before you uses her finite time on Earth to spread happiness and laughter throughout the world. Why can’t you be like that?

Maybe I just can’t...

I’m glad that there is somepony like you in the world, Pinkie Pie.

I’m jealous that you can simply smile like that. I don’t see a single flaw in it. Not a single blink or crack in the smile. It’s like an impulse to you. How do you do it... you crazy pink mare.

Thank you Princess Luna! I can’t wait to visit my family. I’m sure they will probably think of new ways to call me useless this year!

What?

Hmm? Something the matter Luna? You aren’t smiling! Come on Luna! Give me one!

No.

Come on, smile!

No.

Pleeeeeeeeeease Luna?

Listen to me Pinkie! What do you mean, “my family will think of new ways to call me useless this year?”

Oh. It’s nothing really! At the reunion, most of my family isn’t really happy with me. My mom, dad, and sisters respect the choice that I made to leave the rock farm, but everypony else in my family doesn’t. The first family reunion that I attended, back when I was still a filly, I told my family that I was learning how to bake sweets and I couldn’t be happier doing it. They asked me how many rocks I harvested. I remembered one particular rock that I skipped along a lake and I told them about that one. They acted like I set forth an Ursa Major on the farm. Nearly everypony switched the subject to the types of rocks that they were cultivating, and while I was refilling the punch for the party (since I drank it all), one of my cousins told me that I was a useless baker. They told me that their father said that anyone in the Pie family that doesn’t cultivate rocks is not a member of the Pie family.

I completely disagree.

So do I! But it’s not like I can change their mind. Every year, I put together the party for them with cake, punch, and games. But every year, they ignore my party and sit outside around a campfire with their water and celery soup. It was worse last year. Everypony started to talk about the ponies they have been dating, and I told them that I had a crush on one of the mares that I knew. I was going to tell them about Rainbow Dash, but they immediately yelled at me, telling me that they weren’t surprised that a mare like me would ignore stallions completely and move to mares. One of my uncles even went so far as to tell me that they didn’t want me to put any children in the family tree anyway. That hurt... but I got over it.

When my parents aren’t around, they make fun of me and insult my parties. It’s fine though. If it makes them feel better, then I don’t mind. I’d rather have them talk bad about me than talk bad about somepony else. It makes them feel better, so maybe they will smile after enough insults? And it doesn’t bother me... although... after so many years where I got the same insults... I wonder if it’s the truth...

No... Pinkie.

Hmm?

Listen to me. As a friend... please listen to me.

We are friends now? Whoopee! I always wanted to be friends with a Princess!

Listen Pinkie. I don’t want you to let your family treat you terribly anymore.

No, really, it’s okay Princess Luna.

No it isn’t. Any insult directed towards a family member is out of the question. How dare them call you useless just because you made a different life choice from them! Answer me this question Pinkie. Are you happy with yourself?

Well... yeah.

And do you feel that you are happier as a baker than a rock farmer?

Yeah...

Then you made the right choice. I don’t give a bronco buck if they don’t like the choices that you make, and you shouldn’t either. Nothing is wrong with you. It’s them. They don’t want to get anything out of their rock solid heads, so they make fun of you to feel better about themselves. I want you to know that I wouldn’t have you any other way Pinkie Pie. You are a great friend, one of the most important Elements of Harmony to me, and I hope that you and Rainbow Dash have an eternal relationship.

Gee, thanks Princess Luna! I wouldn’t go so far as to say my family has “rock solid heads”, but it’s nice to hear from somepony else that I’m not just a fluke.

Oh, I’m sorry. I got so caught up in my curiosity that I forgot to talk to you about Twilight’s dinner.

Oh yeah! A dinner for Twilight! I can cater for it! What kind of dinner is it going to be?

Well, the dinner is going to be a little more sophisticated than your regular parties. We aren’t going to have any streamers or pinatas or anything along those lines.

Aww...

But I would love if you were to create the dessert platter. And if you are able to bake things that are not sweets for the Hors d'oeuvres, I would very much appreciate it.

Okie dokie lokie!

Thank you Pinkie Pie.

Oh Luna, you can call me Pinkie. All of my friends call me Pinkie!

I don’t know how this mare does it. That smile on her face... it’s so contagious. My cheeks are hurting... I haven’t smiled like this in a while.

I’ll call you Pinkie if you promise to keep calling me Luna.

It’s a deal!

Thank you Pinkie. Well... that’s all I wanted to talk about. Thank you for listening to me and agreeing to the dinner. Don’t forget, we have to keep this a secret from Twilight.

Mmhm!

What did you just do?

Well... I zipped my mouth, then locked it with a key, then I brought it to the top of the Crystal Mountains, and then I buried the key, and then I quickly took a train to Canterlot and then took a balloon ride back to Ponyville!

Oh... yes of course.

I could never get tired of you... you crazy mare.

Pinkie?

Hmm?

I have to leave and go talk to Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Do you know where their homes are?

Yeah! Let’s see... if you were to fly to Applejack’s house... you would want to go West! And if you want to go to Rainbow Dash’s house, you would go North! Although I’m sure you can see Rainbow’s house from here. It’s in the sky, so you can’t miss it!

Thank you. Well, I’m taking off. Have a nice day Pinkie.

And you do as well Luna! I can’t wait to see you at the dinner! It’s going to be so much fun! Oh I bet Twilight is going to be so surprised! She is going to love all of the food and the guests!

~

Mr. and Mrs. Cake?

Oh, uh, yes Your Highness?

I would like a slice of your new creation.

Cup Cake! A slice of the Nightmare Moon please!

Ooh, you named it after me? I hope the cake isn’t as scary as I was.

Not at all Your Highness! We wanted to send the cake to you, but we weren’t sure how to since Pinkie Pie has been so busy lately.

Well, I’m glad that I got to take a taste now.

Mmm... this is delicious. I’ll get one of my guards to pick up one of these from you. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Cake. I’ll definitely stop here more often.

Thank you Princess Luna!

Please, call me Luna. All of my friends do. Hehe...

Author's Note:

Enjoy the extra chapter my readers <3