• Published 6th Jan 2012
  • 1,916 Views, 17 Comments

Bed Time Stories - Krass McWriter



Bed time stories based off the MLP:FiM Universe.

  • ...
8
 17
 1,916

Upon A Shooting Star

Once upon a time, long ago, There was a little colt who loved to adventure. One time, it was very rainy. The Little Colt was sad because his parents wouldn't let him go out.

He begged his parents to let him go out, but they sated firmly, "NO." With that The Little Colt stomped off to his room and slammed the door. He went to the window and looked outside. The Pegasi had really outdone themselves, It was quite the storm. he stared at the sky for a long time cursing the poor weather. hen the sky started to clear, revealing the stars.

Then, all the sudden, he saw a shooting star. He heard that if you wish on a shooting star, it comes true. The Little Colt knew EXACTLY what he wanted. So he closed his eyes and wished for an adventure.

The Little Colt woke up the next morning. He walked down the stairs. He went to the kitchen, but his mother wasn't there cooking breaking as usual. "MoooOOOoooM!" He called, but there was no reply. He went to his parents bed room, but neither his mom or dad were there. He scoured the house, but neither head nor tail was to be seen. It was like his parents had just vanished.

"Maybe," The Little Colt said to him self, "they went into the market."

The Little Colt trotted into the market. He was starting to get worried, his parents never left without telling him.

As the usually busy market came into view, he saw that it was completely empty. "Now just where the hay IS everypony?" he said out loud. The only response was the extreme silence of the market.

The Little Colt looked everywhere, but couldn't anypony.

It was then The Little Colt realized what happened.

It was his wish. It made everpony disappear.

A feeling of dread came over The Little Colt, how was he supposed to get everypony back? Had they really disappeared or are they just somewhere else?

He needed to find some information and he knew just where to start. The library.

The Little Colt galloped to the library and burst in. Empty. He shook it off, he came here for a reason. He looked around the library. Hundreds of Books were on the many selves. "Just how am I supposed to find the right book?" The Little Colt whined. "Well, it ain't gonna find itself." he stated, and with that, he started searching the selves and pulled off all the books he could find the talked about stars, night, and wishes and piled them up.

The stack was truly intimidating but The Little Colt knew this was his duty, his quest. A majority of the books were just serious examinations of the night and stars, the ones involving wishes were just fictions or foals tales. After eliminating the stack he began to grow frustrated.

Then he spotted a book that the somepony must have left out, "Thats funny, I dont think this was here before, but theres not another pony around. Just must have missed it."

He looked at cover, "Luna's Gift: The night and its In hir, in her, inherent magic?" he read out loud fumbling on the title. It seemed promising. He opened it up and began it read.

"Since the dawn of time, Celestia has raised the sun, but at night, she lowers the sun and Luna’s Gift is revealed, The night. With its many stars and its ever changing moon ponies have long held the night as magical. This book records many of these myths such as wishes upon stars thought to come true. Of course, like all myths there is truth a its heart, But the wish will only come true if its will only come true if it is made on a particularly clear night, like one after a bad storm, or on a shooting star. Luna is thought to be the granter of such wishes..."

The Little Colt found what he needed. He had to venture to Canterlot and beg Luna to return his family and town. "Canterlot is 3 days away by hoof, I asked for an adventure and I sure did get one."

The Little Colt walked back home. "Okay, I need food, a sleeping bag and a map" he noted. He gathered all his supplies in his pack. He went to the path and pulled out his map, after he found the right path The Little Colt galloped off towards Canterlot.

The Little Colt slowed down to a trot, night was falling, and soon it'd be too dark to continue. He needed to stop, but where? The path ran through a forest and the next rest stop wasn't for miles. He could sleep on the trail, but he knew that was a bad idea, especially in a forest. He continued on, but he was getting SO very tired, and he was hardly any closer to the rest stop. "No helping it, I'll have to sleep on the trail tonight" The Little Colt sighed. He pulled out his sleeping bag, got in and passed out.

He woke up suddenly to a loud noise. It was till dark out but he could see the sun on the horizon. He looked around for the source but The Little Colt couldn't see anything.

Then there was loud *CRACK* and just feet away was horrid Manticore. The Little Colt bolted but the Manticore chased after him. There was no way he'd be able to lose this thing on the path. He dove into the forest. Dodging the various trees and bushes he saw he was starting to lose the Manticore. But he grinded to a halt, a cliff was on his escape route. He looked behind him and saw the Manticore coming, felling trees and breaking branches. The Little Colt had to make a choice. He chose to jump.

The Little Colt took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and JUMPED.

He started falling fast, the trees were too far down. He would never make it.

This was the end.

The Little Colt broke a branch and fell into a small pond. Looking up he saw the Manticore roar and turn away.

"Oh, now I'm in a bad spot. Im wet, its cold, and I'm lost." He pulled out his map, he couldn't find a cliff or a pond anywhere on it. Then with a sudden brilliance, the sun rose upon equestria. In the distance, he could just make out a mountain with what appeared to be a city built into it. Canterlot.

The Little Colt set towards it at a quick trot. he ignored the branches and bushes that scrapped against him. His adventure was drawing close to its conclusion, and he couldn't wait to see his mom and dad and friends again. He came closer and closer. He was at the mountains base just after noon. "well, now just to get up this." The Little Colt affirmed.

He started up the mountain trail. He was tired but he was so close...

He reached Canterlot before nightfall and there was the castle. And in front of the castle was the guards. "Aw, horsefeathers! Now how am I supposed to get in?"

"Well, the direct approach can't hurt right?" Walking up to the nearest guard The Little Colt asked "Excuse me, I need to see princess Luna, its REALLY important. You see-" The guard cut him off. "Princess Luna is to busy to talk to a foal right now."

"But, my family-" The guard interrupted again.

"Look foal, I dont have time for this and neither does princess Luna, now get lost!"

The Little Colt walked off. "Now how am I supposed to get my mom and dad back?"

The Little Colt started to give up. "NO!" he proclaimed. "I won't give up, I came this far on this adventure, and I'm going to see it through! If I can't just walk in, I'll sneak in!"

The Little Colt heard the sound of stones sliding on stones. Looking at the source he saw a hole in the castle JUST big enough for him to fit through.

Taking advantage of the opportunity, The Little Colt hurried in through the hole. He was in the Canterlot basement. Directly underneath the canter lot throne room. He looked around. He saw stairs in the corner that seemed to lead to the throne room. Moving quietly he went up stairs and slowly opened the hatch. There, facing the other way just inches from him, was a guard.

The Little Colt gingerly opened the hatch all the way and snuck by. Right there was the throne room, and on the throne a pegasus with a horn adorned by a dark crown. Luna.

The Little Colt had finally made it.

The Little Colt walked up to the throne. "Princess-"

"I know why you are here, you wish to see your family and friends right?"

"More than anything"

"Why? They forbid you from doing what your heart desires. With them gone nopony could stop you from doing whatever you want."

The Little Colt thought for a while, then it dawned on him. "They may stop me from doing the things I want, bu they are still very special to me and I'm special to them. They just want whats best for me."

Then something unexpected happened. Luna started laughing. The Little Colt didn't think it was funny. "why are you laughing princess?

"because, I heard your wish made in anger at your parents and thought I'd use it to teach a lesson, my sister didn't think it would work. Though I'm quite happy to say it did. You see, I was the one who put the cliff there, and the water at the bottom. I instructed the guards to let nopony in to see me and I opened up the way. I was the one who put the book there in the library. I guided your quest to see just how far you'd go to get your family back, I'm pleased to see you'd do almost anything for them. And with that I shall return you and everypony else to your town."

"But will they remember? Will anypony else know?"

"Unfortunately, no." Luna thought for a bit. Then she used her magic to take a feather from her wings and placed it behind The Little Colts ear. "There, now you shall have a token to remember this by. Also I think you should check your flank." There on his flank was his cutie mark, it was a compass resting on a map. A symbol of adventure.
"Now," spoke Luna "Wake Up."

The Little Colt was in his room. He felt very sore. "Was it really a dream?" He walked to the mirror and there was his cuties mark and a jet black feather behind his ear.

He then walked down stairs, enjoyed some of his mothers home cooking and shared his tale.

THE END