• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 2,714 Views, 124 Comments

Ponies and Pactios: A Negima Crossover - funkyferret

  • ...
3
 124
 2,714

"Thank You... Whoever the Heck These Ponies Worship" by Chamo

"Thank You... Whoever the Heck These Ponies Worship" by Chamo

"It's not quite what I had in mind, but it will do," Chamo said, reclining comfortably on the arm of the library's couch and staring down at the pair of unconscious youngsters on the ground. He held a paw out, thinking wistfully of the cigarette he should have been holding. Picturing it vividly did not make one appear, and he sighed slightly.

"Will do?" Rainbow Dash parroted. "They're unconscious and probably scarred for life! Twilight's going to kill us!" She hovered frantically over Spike. The little dragon's face was pale despite his thick coat of scales, and his eyes were rolled up into his head.

He flapped a paw at her. She could be a real buzz kill sometimes. "They'll be fine, kids heal fast. Plus there's always therapy. You worry to much, Bluebird."

She charged him, snorting. "And you don't worry enough, Weasel. Seriously, you peel back his eyelid, poke him, and your done?" She jabbed him in the chest.

Chamo put his nose in the air and smoothed his fur back into place. "Negi and I have been in way worse trouble than this... not that I'd imagine you know much about danger. Trust me, he'll be just fine," he insisted as he waved her off. She gave him the evil eye, but turned back towards Spike. "Besides, you're in no position to be pointing fingers, seeing as it's your fault in the first place," he said, before smacking a paw over his mouth and eyed the Pegasus warily.

The mare's shoulder's tensed. She turned around ever so slowly. Then in the time it took him to blink, she had her hooves on him. She growled at him.

"Err... Sorry?" he muttered, covering his face as she raised a hoof.

There was a quiet knock at the door. The pair turned and watched as a familiar yellow pony entered the library, balancing a wicker basket on her back. "Sorry I'm late... " she said quietly, scuffing her hooves on the floor. "I just--" she looked up and her eyes widened in shock. "Rainbow!" She scolded, hooves on her hips with a small frown on her face. "What are you doing to that poor, defenseless critter! I... oh my, what happened to them?" She had caught sight of the two youngsters lying on the floor. Instantly her frown was gone, replaced by a concerned expression as she looked them over carefully.

Rainbow Dash had been nervous enough by the other pony's arrival, but when the other made began to scold her, the normally cocky pony's entire body drooped visibly. She brightened visibly when the other pony's focus turned away from her. Dropping Chamo in a heap, she rushed over to help her friend. "There was an... accident," she said quickly, waving her hooves about. "It wasn't a big deal really!" Her smile was a bit lopsided, and she was sweating visibly.

Lucky for her, the other pony was focused on inspecting her new patients. "Oh dear, they seem to be in shock," Fluttershy said quietly. "What happened to them? I thought Twilight was going to be my only patient."

Rainbow Dash turned red. "Well, you see... heh, they kind of... k-k..." she stammered, ears back as she glanced around.

Chamo pushed his way in between them. "They just got a little excited, they'll be fine. Don't you worry your pretty little head, I'll look after these two, so you just go check on your friend upstairs." The ermine put on his most charming smile and widened his eyes as he looked up at her.

Fluttershy smiled at him. "Oh my, thank you... I was worried that I was going to have to deal with three patients at once... Oh, not that I mind of course, it's just I wouldn't be able to treat them all at the same time. Somepony might get worse and then... " She shook her head. "I'm sorry, I got off track. Thank you. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings when I ran away from you earlier... I can see now what a nice little ermine you are."

"I'm not a..." Chamo began automatically. He stopped, blinking. "W-what did you say?"

"Oh no, did I say something offensive? You're a nice... big ermine?" She tried again.

Chamo fell to his knees, crying. A beam of heavenly light shone down on him. "T-that's right, I'm an ermine. An ermine!" he blubbered. He grabbed onto Fluttershy's leg. "AN ERMINE!" he shouted.

Fluttershy eeped, and made some hasty, barely audible excuses before bolting upstairs.

Chamo didn't care. He turned his gaze towards the light above him above him and threw up his arms as the violins began to play. "At last, an angel has come to me in my time of need. Thank the heavens! Thank you... whoever the heck these ponies worship. An ermine!" He weeped openly, despite the blue pony's stares. She had her head cocked to one side and was scratching her head, muzzle scrunched in confusion. The two laying on the floor had begun to stir as well.

"She's awake!" Fluttershy yelled quietly from the top of the stairs.

The light snapped off and the music skidded to a hault. "Finally," Chamo said, "I was getting bored. Let's get back to work." He dashed up the stairs, leaving the rainbow pony behind to blink vacantly for a moment before she rushed to catch up.

Author's Note:

Not a whole heck of a lot happened here, but it was fun to write... Don't worry though, there will be more action in the next chapter, but for now... Shenanigans!