• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 2,714 Views, 124 Comments

Ponies and Pactios: A Negima Crossover - funkyferret

  • ...
3
 124
 2,714

"Spike, Bring Me Some Tea" by Twilight Sparkle

"Spike, Bring Me Some Tea" by Twilight Sparkle

"For the last time, lie down!" Twilight Sparkle was beginning to lose her patience, and was in danger of losing her patient. The little unicorn seemed determined to leave, despite his head injury. The injury was clearly much worse than she had originally suspected, as the colt continued to spout nonsense.

"But I have to find a way out of here; I need to get back to my students," the colt said. He tried to sit up again, but the purple aura surrounding his blankets prevented any further movement.

"You have a head injury that's making you delusional. You need to get some rest."

"I'm not crazy! I'm--"

"A mage... right." Twilight sighed through her gritted teeth. "You can't even handle a basic levitation spell," she said, referring to his earlier attempt to escape by waving his hooves around and chanting gibberish. It was no surprise that his "spell" had been a resounding failure.

"If I only had my staff... where is it?"

"I didn't see a staff where you fell."

"But I need it to focus my magic... it was a gift from my father."

"I'm sorry you lost your dad's staff, but what's wrong with using your horn to focus your magic like a normal unicorn?" She waved a hoof at her own horn, which was glowing as she cast her containment spell on him.

"I don't know how," he admitted. "This is the first time I've had one."

Twilight wrinkled her brow in confusion. "What do you mean... did you use to be an earth pony or a pegasus? Did that dark cloud do something to your body as well as your head?"

"No. I was a human before... weren't you?" The colt looked nearly as confused as she was.

The purple unicorn shook her head. "I've never heard of humans. As for me, I've always been a unicorn."

He was silent for a moment. "... Huh? B-but you can talk."

"So can you."

"Yes, but-- "


The door opened and Spike walked in to the library. "Hey, Twilight, sorry that I'm so late. I was--" He looked at the foal being held in bed by the librarians magic. "Oh, he's awake... what are you doing?"

Twilight sighed. "He keeps trying to get out of bed, and won't listen to me at all. I think his head trauma must be pretty bad since he keeps speaking nonsense. I don't know how to take care of him! I'm not a medical doctor or a trained nurse... and I haven't had time to search through the books for help since our patient keeps interrupting me with his various escape attempts."

The colt frowned at her and sniffed. He scrubbed at his nose with one of his forelegs.

Twilight realized he was no longer resisting her. She canceled her spell, and the glow slowly faded away from the bed. She turned to Spike, who was watching the two ponies with concern. "How were things with Rarity?" she asked with a reassuring smile, trying to change the subject.

He grinned, a slight blush forming across his snout. "We got everything cleaned up and she said I was a big help. Oh yeah, she sent the repaired glasses back with me." He looked critically at Twilight, making her shift uncomfortably. "Maybe you should take it a little easy on our patient," he suggested, handing the lenses over to her.

Twilight smiled sheepishly and brought the glasses over to the colt as a peace offering. "Sorry, I guess I'm not a very good nurse. Maybe we could start over... only this time we could both do well to think a bit more logically." She ducked her head, ashamed that she had used force against an injured pony... and a foal at that.

The colt put his glasses on and smiled at her. "Alright. I am sorry for causing you so much trouble. My name is Negi Springfield."

She smiled gently. "Twilight Sparkle. This is my assistant, Spike."

The little dragon waved at him, and the colt smiled and nodded back.

Twilight rubbed her forehead, slumping back into her seat near the bed. Her headache was getting worse. "Ugh... I'm really not cut out for this. Spike, could you bring me some tea please?"

Her assistant nodded and headed into the kitchen.


There was a nearly imperceptible knock at the door. Twilight got to her feet with a relieved sigh. "That must be Fluttershy. I could really use her help." She opened the door with a welcoming smile. "Hey there, Fluttershy, you have great timing... Why are you out of breath? What's wrong?"

The yellow pegasus was panting heavily. Her pupils were shrunk to pinpricks and she struggled to string words together. "T-t-talking... talking ermine!" she squeaked. Then she fainted on the library's doorstep.