• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 2,714 Views, 124 Comments

Ponies and Pactios: A Negima Crossover - funkyferret

  • ...
3
 124
 2,714

"We Aren't Afraid of You!" by Negi

"We Aren't Afraid of You!" by Negi

Negi sat in the middle of the library with Derpy, Spike, and the Elements of Harmony as they all watched an argument unfold between the Element of Magic and the ermine fairy.

"I don't see why we can't just-" Twilight began.

"No," Chamo said flatly.

"But-"

"No! You want to get us all killed, Sparkles?"

The librarian stomped her hoof. "I'm trying to prevent everypony from being killed! The princess could-"

"The last thing we need is queen sunny-butt getting herself possessed," the ermine said snappily.

The lavender mare narrowed her eyes. "What did you call her?" she asked icily. Teeth bared, she approached him stiffly.

The fairy blinked. He started sweating heavily. "Err... nothing," he squeaked. He swallowed hard as he looked up into the narrowed eyes of the purple unicorn. She grinned at him. He turned to run, only to be caught up in her energy field.

"Nopony says bad things about the Princess on my watch. Now you're in for it." Twilight smiled and her horn brightened.

"What... no. He he he! S-stop. He he ha hee! I'm s-s-soreeeehehe. Negi! Help! He he."

Negi shook his head as he watched the ermine crumble under Twilight's horrible tickle torture. "You really did bring this upon yourself, Chamo." He cleared his throat. "But he does have a point, Miss Twilight. If the darkness manages to possess someone as powerful as you tell me the princesses are, we'll all be in hot water."

Twilight looked over at him and frowned. She sighed and released Chamo from her spell. The ermine fell to the ground, where he lay twitching and giggling. The mare sighed. "I-I know. I just... "

"I imagine it's hard for her not to come rushing in to help as well," the young wizard added. "I imagine she's aware of the danger. Why else would she send an entire platoon of guards to help evacuate Ponyville?"

She smiled at him gently. "I know. At least she sent us the Elements of Harmony."

"Speaking of elements, why're we here? Shouldn't we be looking for the darkness so we can kick its flank and everyone can go home?" Rainbow Dash cut in.

"It's simple, Bluebird," Chamo said. He'd finally managed to recover from the magical assault. "We're here so the rest of you lovely ladies can enter a pactio with my man Negi! Then the darkness can't hurt ya."

The blue pony snorted. "There's no way that stupid cloud could possess someone as awesome as me. Why should I bother with something so lame? I can handle this without your stupid pactico."

"Ah don't know, Rainbow," Applejack cut in. "Ah sure wasn't able to help mahself when that stuff got me in it's clutches." She sighed and looked at the purple unicorn. "Sorry about what ah did, Twilight."

The bookworm shook her head. "It wasn't your fault."

The vibrant pink pony, who had energetically introduced herself as Pinkie Pie, popped up between them and wrapped the two mares in a tight hug. "Yeah! It was the blackness that made you a meanie pants!" She turned to Rainbow. "Come on, Dashie. You don't need to be scared of a little kiss!"

"Wha... I'm not scared!" the speedster spluttered. Her cheeks flared bright red and she started to fidget.

"Wooo! Then let's do this!" The party pony cheered. "Is everypony ready?"

"Not yet, darling," Rarity said, pointing to a shivering yellow ball of fur trying to hide behind the sofa. "Come on, dear. I know you don't like this idea, but it seems this is what we have to do to save Ponyville," the elegant mare said, prodding the timid pony.

The yellow pony squeaked.

Pinkie hopped over and pulled her out. "Come on, Fluttershy, this will be fun! Just a quick peck and we all get super powers!" She shoved the frightened pegasus in Negi's face.

"But...eep," the yellow pony protested and hid behind her mane.

Looking at her, Negi was struck be her similarity to another girl he knew. A blush spread across his face. "I-if it helps, I'm nervous too," he whispered to her. She looked up at him with her big blue eyes and smiled. Negi froze like a deer in the headlights. The mare leaned forward and kissed him, her lips brushing gently over his.

"Pactio!" Chamo shouted.

Rainbow smirked. "Whoa! Nice going there, Fluttershy. I didn't know you were that forward."

Fluttershy turned bright red and hid behind the sofa again.

"OOOH! Me next!" Pinkie popped into view and picked him up. She kissed him full on the mouth, long and hard. As he struggled to breathe, he distantly heard Chamo activating the pactio. "Hehe! I feel all fuzzy!" she said. The pink pony put him down and bounced off, leaving the mage lying on his side, gasping for breath.

"Really, dear, I think you went a little overboard," Rarity said. She picked Negi up with her magic, helping him get back on his hooves. Her kiss was gentle but firm, and precisely timed. As the fashionista returned to her seat, gently cleaning her face with a handkerchief, Negi got the distinct impression that someone was giving him the evil eye.

Before he could process the thought any further, Applejack approached him with a bashful grin. "Jus' don't tell Granny 'bout this," she said. The cowpony's kiss was akin to one that might be delivered to a family member. She blushed a bit, but tipped her hat to hide it as she returned to her spot.

All eyes turned to the last remaining pony without a contract (apart from the grey pegasus, who only had eyes for the muffin she was eating).

Rainbow Dash fidgeted under the combined weight of their stares before finally shouting "Alright already!" She zipped down and gave him a quick peck before returning to her post. It was a good thing that Chamo was quick on the draw, since the entire thing was over in the blink of an eye.

"Sweet! All pactios are complete!" Chamo declared, waving a pair of fans. Pinkie and Derpy quickly joined him in celebrating.

"So now what?" Rainbow asked.

A loud roar echoed through the abandoned town.

"You had to ask," Twilight said flatly as everyone raced for the door.


A large shadow hovered over Ponyville. It looked like an oversized timberwolf, but it had the tail of a manticore and its entire body was pulsing with dark energy. Long black tendrils out of its back and its red glowing eyes were scanning the town for life. Evidently it did not like what it saw, because on of the tendrils slammed into a building, breaking its support beams like toothpicks. "Where are you, little mage?" it howled. "Show yourself, or I will keep tearing this place to the ground until I find you." To illustrate its point it struck out with its tail and reduced a nearby marble fountain to rubble.

"Over here, you overgrown weed!" Rainbow yelled, calling its attention to them. The town's defenders had positioned themselves on a hill just outside Ponyville in an attempt to keep collateral damage to a minimum. The beast roared and approached them, its view focused solely on the young mage at the back of the group. "Prepare to die, little one," it rumbled.

"Not if we can help it!" Twilight declared. "Come on, girls. Let's give him a taste of the magic of frinedship!" The five other mares quickly got into position around her, their golden necklaces glowing brightly.

The creature smirked at them. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," it said. "You never know who might get hurt." Opening a panel in its head, it leaned down to show them the contents.

Everyone gasped. Wrapped in black vines, their eyes glowing red, were three little fillies. There was an orange pegasus, a yellow earth pony, and a little white unicorn.

"Sweetie Bell!" Rarity shrieked. "Give me back my sister you brute!"

"Applebloom!" Applejack cried. She stomped the ground shaking. "Dammit. I shoulda been there fer her..." she whispered. Glaring up at the beast, she shook her hoof at it. "Ah'll get you fer this!"

A technicolor streak of light zipped towards the monster. "I'm coming, Squirt!" Rainbow Dash called. The panel closed and she smacked against the hard wooden surface. "Open up!" she demanded, smacking her hooves against the surface. A tentacle lazily smacked her out of the sky.

The creature laughed. "Come, little mage. Enough distractions. Show me what you've got." It sat down with a bored expression, waiting for the group's next attack.

Rainbow pulled herself out of the shallow crater her impact with the ground had made, rubbing her head. "Ugh... now what?" she asked.

"Now we see what those pactios can do!" Chamo declared.

Negi nodded and activated the pactios.

As the light from the transformation cleared Negi and his partners examined the fruits of their labors. The Elements of Harmony were all dressed in matching gold armor. It looked similar to the armor worn by the guards who had evacuated the town, only with a few notable differences. The center of the chest-piece glowed with the stones from the Elements of Harmony, and each mare had their own head gear and weapon.

Rainbow Dash wore the traditional guard helmet, though her chromatic mane stuck up through the spot where the tassel would normally be. Metal bands ran along the edges of her wings. When she reached out to touch them she winced. Her hoof started bleeding—the edge was very sharp.

Fluttershy wore a headband made of woven twigs. Her weapon was a short staff with vines wrapped around it. When she waved it, the wand glowed faint yellow color. The small cut on Rainbow Dash's hoof disappeared, earning a grateful smile from the blue pegasus.

Rarity wore a small tiara, also bearing her cutie mark, behind her horn. A number of sharp diamond shards hovered around her. They seemed to be directed with little magical effort on her part. She looked them over with a glint in her eye, inspecting one closely as it lay in her hoof.

Applejack still wore her stetson, though her normal hair bands had been replaced with gold ones. The metal shoes on her hind legs ran all the way up to her hock. When she kicked a nearby boulder, it shattered into a cloud of fine particles. Adjusting her hat, she set her jaw in a determined frown.

Pinkie Pie wore a gold headband that was desperately struggling to hold her wild mane in a mild semblance of order. No matter how hard he stared, Negi couldn't seem to locate her weapon. The pink pony's inability to hold still only made the search harder. He eventually just gave up and allowed his gaze to move on to his next partner.

Twilight was wearing her elemental tiara. After hours of practice, she had unlocked the mystery of her spear. Aiming it at a patch of weeds nearby, she squeezed its handle in just the right place. A white beam of light shot out of the spear's point. When it hit the plants, they were instantly frozen in a block of ice. The unicorn beamed, proud of her weapon mastery.

"Nice! All rare cards! ... Well mostly," Chamo said.

Spike had received a cosplay card. He didn't seem to mind. He was busy starring at Rarity. The drake's mouth was open slightly and he was drooling. Negi shook his head. He had a pretty good idea now of the origin of the evil eye from earlier.

Derpy had received a dud card. She was dressed as a rock. It took Negi a few long moments to come to terms with it. Blinking didn't make the boulder with four stumpy legs and a blonde-maned head sticking out of it go away. He shrugged. They had more important things to worry about.

The group turned their gaze towards their opponent, whom had been waiting patiently, albeit with a bored expression. When it noticed them glaring at it, the beast stood up and yawned. "Are you through stalling?" it asked in an uninterested tone.

Rainbow flared her wings and snorted at his dismissive attitude. "Bring it, you creep!" she growled.

"We aren't afraid of you!" Negi said firmly.

"Umm.. I am," Fluttershy squeaked.

The dark golem snorted in amusement. "Very well. I shall enjoy crushing you all." It raised one mighty paw and the battle began.

Author's Note:

Coming up with costumes is hard...
Next chapter we'll see how badly I can mess up a fight scene! Wooo!
Sweet Celestia, help me...