• Published 10th Nov 2012
  • 5,193 Views, 239 Comments

King Sombra's Downfall - Art Inspired



The battle between King Sombra and The Princesses of Equestria.

  • ...
43
 239
 5,193

AUDIO READING

It was well done, could've been better, but for the most part, it was a real treat to me. He stumbled at times. However, not too much that it destracted one from the enjoyment. I hope you all liked it as well.

Comments ( 14 )

I liked that. I don't usually listen to these, but it was good. :moustache:

1595613 its on fim's facebook page HERE

1606347 Shit happens, as they say.:pinkiesad2:

1593076

What Gak?

Is this Gak you are talking about? http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Rust

Sunshine smiles wrote one before you. And it was slightly better.

1707620 Casting a Shadow (16th Nov)

King Sombra's Downfall (11th Nov)

Plus, a simple 1000 word one-shot vs. a 4000 word epic? Lol, you must be trying to troll me. Nice try though.:raritywink:

Edit: Okay, not a one-shot, but it is shorter. I'll give it a look through though, and determine if the quality beats my quantity.

1707644
His story is still better regardless.

1707675 That's an opinion. If I remember correctly, those don't actually exist, if you think about it.

1707683
So what's your point exactly :rainbowhuh:?

1707692
I'm not a mind reader, you tell me the point you were trying to make.

1707702 It's not that hard to figure out. Think on it.

1707722
I don't think I smoke weed erryday. You tell me.

Besides, he has a much higher like to dislike ratio then you.

I like how you brought this character to life. Sombra just seemed so EVIL that I seriously wanted to punch him. Much better characterization than we see in the show. I think the fight scene was a bit anticlimactic, but given that we already knew how the fight was going to end, it's kind of difficult to write.

The only thing that I thought was missing was an explanation of how Sombra came to power to begin with. It would've been cool to see him take over the empire. Though I guess for a oneshot it might have been too much to go into.

If you're interested, my own story King Sombra's Rise and Fall goes into his rise extensively, as well as Nexosaur's fic Let The Crystals Break: The Rise of Sombra.

Login or register to comment