• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,158 Views, 23 Comments

Corvo's Fate - They Call Me Infidel



You are Corvo Attano. Due to a turn of events the Outsider brought you to a new world

  • ...
2
 23
 1,158

Where's the Charm?

After a decent nap you wake up. Taking a look around you're still in Fluttershy's cottage. But, something feels off. You can't quite put your finger on it. Oh well. You better see if Fluttershy got your clothes yet. While you're standing up the blanket that was just around you starts to float.

"Huh?"

You go over to the blanket and poke it. Once you touch it the blanket's direction is changed. You're beyond confused, you're starting to laugh uncontrollably. While laughing you take a closer look at everything. While looking everything seemed to change into a weird purplish-blue hue.

"Oh no."

You finally figured out what's happening. The Outsider wants a friendily chat with you. You sigh loudly. Why can't he just meet me outside of the Void?


Knowing that you have to talk to the Outsider you stand and head into Fluttershy's kitchen. It's even worse than the living room. Pots and pans float lazily around while some random stool just bumps into your side. You've never liked coming here.

Why? Well, everything floats and that confusing color hue to the Void. Before your head starts spinning you decide to head off.

Luckily enough for you the exit was the kitchens back door. Opening the door reveals the true Void. Huge masses of random chuncks of earth, Lanterns attached to objects at weird angles and a staircase to the top of a mountain. Taking that as your cue you walk up the staircase.

At the very top of the staircase was a shrine for the Outsider. You've seen too many of them and their sad stories that they tell.

One man found one of the Outsiders relics and decided to keep it. After awhile the man started to hear voices in his head. The poor man didn't know what was causing the voices to appear. His brother visited him one day since he didn't bother showing his face. The brother was slain once he tried to touch the rellic. Out of guilt the man killed himself because of this.

And I could decifer this story all from a few notes laying around the room, the two bodies, all of the caked blood on the walls and the relic shrine. That story will stay with you forever. You shake your head to disapate the thoughts and head towards the shrine.


As you approach the shrine you see a portal of purplish-blue appear right above the shrine. A worn leather boot steps through the portal. Soon after the owner of that boot appears and the portal closes.

"Hello, Corvo." greets the Outsider.

"Hello, Outsider. What's you're reason for contacting me?"

The Outsider chuckles at your question. "Oh, Corvo. Somepony from this world decided that they need my help. Since I cannot interfere with mortal business I decided to bring you here to help that pony out."

'So I'm here because someone wanted the Outsider to help them?' you think to yourself. "Who is it? And where are they?" you ask in a colective tone.

"Corvo, in due time you shall meet them. All in due time.". That answer does not sit well with you. As a result you sigh in disapointment, to which the Outsider notices. "Don't worry, Corvo. Throughout this world I've places many Bone Charms. They will help or hurt your cause. It all depends on how you use them."

You knew that he was going to say that last part. "Thankyou Outsider. Now if you may, return me back to my body please.". He nods and within seconds he's engulfed with purplish-blue flames. Once he completely disappears The Void slowly becomes out-of focus.


You awake to the sight of Fluttershy peering over your body. "Umm... Fluttershy? Do you have a reason to be watching me in my sleep?" She takes a few steps back and stares at the floorboards of her home. "Oh, umm... I-I thought that y-you were having a nightmare. Y-you started to thrash around in your sleep so, I thought that I should see if you would snap out of it if I tried to wake you."

Giving her a quizical look your eyes find an iron bucket laying besides her. She follows your gaze and realise what your staring at. "I-I'm so sorry, Corvo. I-I thought that spashing water on you would work. But, it didn't work out so well..." Her gaze once again falls upon her floorboards and starts to back away not knowing what you will do to her.

"Just go and get me a towel and I'll forget all about that." For a moment she looks back up and smiles before realising something.

"Oh! A-and your clothes are done. I'll go and fetch them too." She then zooms out of the room before you could thank her for everything she's done for you.

It's strange really. This mare? Was that what they called the females? Anyway, this mare just saved your life and is now fetching your clothes for you. Is she the embodiement of kindness? Mabey but, if this were to happen back in Dunwall you'd been stripped of everything of value. What was the reason for saving you? And who was the person, er, pony who requested help?

While deep in thought you don't even notice that Fluttershy has returned with your clothes in her mouth. She places your clothes gently on her sofa and walks up to you. "Umm... Corvo? I-I have your clothes on the couch."

"Hmm? Oh! Why thankyou Fluttershy. That was kind of you to wash my clothes for me."

The yellow Pegasus beems with satisfaction and takes her leave for Corvo to change into his clothes in peace.


After a few moments you mamage to slip back into your outfit. And you take notice right away to the feel of them. They're a lot more relaxed than normal. Normally they give off a slight squeek but with you bending back and forth it doesn't emmit the squeek at all.

"Fluttershy? Did you do something to my clothes?" You ask with curiosity in your voice

"Well... Y-yes I did. D-do you like it?" She asks with a slight tremble

"Like it? I love it!"

The pegasus shrinks down with the volume of your voice but smiles none the less