• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 2,468 Views, 21 Comments

Innie - DerpyJr



Everpony discover Pinkie is a unicorn

  • ...
0
 21
 2,468

Innie

Pinkie Pie was one of the most popular mares in Ponyville. A great party host and an even better friend, she was undoubtedly loved by all. However, her reputation for hyper-actively and thoroughly breaking every law of physics on a day-to-day basis preceded her. The citizens of Ponyville often pondered how such antics were possible, but soon found themselves dismissing the thought entirely. The phrase, "Pinkie Pie behavior" became more frequent in everyday speech for anypony well acquainted with the kooky mare. Everypony was ready to accept Pinkie Pie behavior as a permanent explanation for the mare's strange actions until one day, unbeknownst to anypony, the mystery behind Pinkie Pie behavior was solved.

It was a day like any other in Ponyville. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the ponies were happily going about their lives. Five ponies in particular were enjoying the day in an open field with their pets. Of course, the pack wasn't complete without everypony's favorite pony, the mane mare herself, the pink ball of pure concentrated partying energy known as Pinkie Pie.

"Has anypony seen Pinkie Pie?" Twilight asked, "She's usually the one waiting for us with Gummy," she continued as her own pet, Owlowiscious, landed on her back.

Rainbow Dash swooped in close to Twilight, still in mid-air, as the propeller-strapped Tank hovered near her, "I haven't seen her all day," she answered.

"I do hope there isn't anything bad keeping the dear. Just look at how worried Opal's getting!" Everypony turned their attention to the sleeping cat and collectively rolled their eyes.

"S-something bad?" Fluttershy moaned in fear as she hid behind Angel, shaking.

"Now everypony just calm down," Applejack advised, "We don't wanna go makin' a mountain out of a mole hill before we know what's goin' on. Isn't that right Winona?" The small Border Collie gave a loud bark as her owner patted her head.

"Applejack's right you guys," Twilight agreed, "There's no need for worry, especially when we don't know what's going on. Besides, knowing Pinkie Pie she could be just about anywhere."

"Sorry I'm late everypony!"

"Ah!" Twilight jumped, caught off guard by their missing companion suddenly appearing behind her. "Pinkie Pie? When did you get here?" she questioned still trying to catch her breathe.

"Just now," she answered, "It took me a while to get Gummy ready for our play-date." Gummy appeared out of the top of Pinkie's mane wearing a purple bow-tie. "Doesn't he look spiffy?" she giggled.

The mares all chuckled in unison.

"Now that Pinkie's here we can officially start our pets' play-date!" The mares all cheered at Twilight's declaration and proceeded to play various games with their pets.

Once the pet party was in full swing Twilight noticed Rainbow Dash had been focused on Pinkie ever since she'd arrived and decided to see if she could ease her friend's obviously troubled mind.

"Something the matter Rainbow Dash?" she questioned.

Rainbow seemed to be in deep thought as she focused her gaze on Pinkie who was laughing and giggling with Fluttershy while Gummy and Angel chased each other around in circles, "It's just..." The tomboyish mare sighed in frustration, unable to correctly express her thoughts. She took a deep breath and prepared herself for a second attempt at an explanation. "Did you see Pinkie actually walk up behind you when she got here?"

Twilight was caught off guard a bit by Rainbow's rather random question, "W-Well, no I didn't. Is that what was worrying you?" she asked, chuckling a bit.

"It's not just that!" she snapped, "It's everything! Everything Pinkie Pie does just doesn't make sense. Ponies aren't supposed to be able to do what she does; it's just impossible."

Twilight was completely shocked by the usually easy going mare's frustration. "Rainbow, you know just as well as I do that it's just normal Pinkie Pie behavior, nothing out of the ordinary." Twilight explained. "Besides, you shouldn't get so hung up over something you can't explain. Trust me, I know from experience." A subtle smirk worked it's way onto her expression. "There are things in this world we can't explain, but that doesn't make them any less true. It just means we have to choose whether or not to believe in them." The studious mare silently prided herself in her words of wisdom.

The riled up Rainbow had finally calmed herself. "I know, I know, but this is different. There has to be an explanation for what she does. I mean just look." Rainbow pointed her hoof to Pinkie who was standing still as Angel and Gummy ran circles around her. Her entire head followed their circular path quite a few times before the rest of her body quickly twisted itself back into place. "See?"

"Well that is certainly...strange," she admitted.

"Strange? It's downright—"

"Ahh!" Fluttershy shrieked, "Angel!" Gummy had somehow enveloped Angel's head almost completely in his mouth, sending Angel into a blind panic. The dumbfounded alligator flopped about as the frightened bunny took off in a sprint of shock. "Oh no! Somepony help Angel!" she begged.

"Don't worry Fluttershy! Pinkie Pie to the rescue!" Pinkie dashed toward the frantic Angel as fast as she could. "Gummy, play nice or no chocolate soup for you!" she warned as she chased after them. Pinkie inched closer and closer to the conjoined critters until Angel took a sharp right leaving Pinkie speeding towards a large stump.

"Look out Pinkie!" Twilight desperately yelled, hoping Pinkie would heed her warning.

The pink blur of a pony didn't slow down at all. She kept her speed until she was within inches of the stump. Everpony averted their eyes in a flinch, preparing themselves for the sound of a pony smacking against wood. Instead, their ears made out the sounds of hoofsteps. They all stared as Pinkie ran vertically up the length of the stump, across the flat top, and back down the other side, continuing her chase.

Still running, Pinkie turned her head to the doubtful spectators, "See guys? The was nothing to—" The speeding Pinkie smacked into the trunk of a tree not too far from the stump she'd encountered. The mare stumbled in a daze before falling to the ground.

"Pinkie!" Fluttershy worried as her friend lay clumsily spread on the ground. Before she could worry any further, the Gummy-mounted Angel zipped past her. "Oh no!"

Applejack whipped out her rope, "Don't worry everypony, Ah got this!" she assured. "Put 'em up Winona!" Two quick barks were the only reply as she took off after Angel and Gummy. In a quick sprint, Winona had successfully cut off the bunny's route. Applejack spun her rope in the air before tossing the looped end around Gummy's tail and yanking him off Angel into her hooves. "Yee-haw!" she yelled before Winona ran back to her side. "Good girl!" Winona barked, happily wagging her tail.

Everypony gathered around the heroic mare, cheering.

"Aren't we forgetting somepony?" Rainbow Dash asked.

The mares all turned their attention to the unconscious Pinkie Pie.

"Wouldn't she normally be up and about now?" Rarity pondered.

"Unless..." Twilight's expression slowly changed to a look of fear, "That collision must've been worse than we thought!"

"Oh no!" the all gasped simultaneously.

Twilight conjured up a floating, translucent purple orb around Pinkie, "Quick, girls! To the hospital!"





At the hospital, Twilight and the others were in a waiting room, all worried for their friend.

Twilight paced back and forth nervously, "Oh come on Pinkie, please be alright."

Applejack threw a hoof around her shoulder, "Now Twilight, everypony knows there's no keepin' Pinkie down. Besides, negative thinking doesn't make anything better. What we all need to do is stay calm and believe in Pinkie."

"You're right AJ." Rainbow Dash trotted closer to Twilight and Applejack, "This isn't anytime to be depressed you guys!"

Rarity joined their company, "Yes, we must be strong for the dear."

"I believe in Pinkie." Fluttershy followed close behind Rarity.

The five mares all embraced each other in a tight hug just before the doors to the emergency room burst open.

A caramel stallion in a white coat with a stethoscope slung around his neck slowly walked out of the room and observed the five ponies, "Am I interrupting something?" he sarcastically asked.

The mares immediately unleashed a fury of questions on the doctor.

"Is Pinkie Pie okay?" asked Twilight.

"She's okay isn't she?" Applejack followed.

"Come on doc, you gotta tell us she's okay!" Rainbow added to the barrage.

"She's okay right? Right?!" Fluttershy was borderline panicking while Rarity had already broken out into tears.

"Everypony calm down!" the room went silent as all the mares focused on the doctor. "Pinkie Pie is going to be fine. When you arrived we informed you that it was nothing more than a simple concussion." he explained.

A sigh of relief came over the ponies.

"May we see her?" Twilight asked as her friends anxiously awaited a response.

"Hmm..." The doctor brought a hoof up to his chin as he thought, "Yes, actually you all may want to see this." The girls rushed into the room to greet their friend.

Pinkie Pie was laying in a the hospital bed wearing a green apron and had her head bandaged. "Hey, everypony!" she greeted while waving.

"Pinkie!" They yelled in perfect harmony. The pack ran towards their hospitalized friend and hugged her.

"Listen you guys! I have an innie!" she excitedly informed them.

"A what?" they questioned, in sync yet again.

"Allow me to explain," the doctor started, "You see, Miss Pie was originally thought to be an earth pony by her physical appearance." He pulled out an x-ray image ad clipped it to the view box. "But you see, our x-rays have revealed she is, in fact, a unicorn." He switched on the light revealing Pinkie's skull with a unicorn horn pointing inwards.

"A what?!" they repeated, their choir-like harmony still unbroken.

"She's the first patient we've ever received with this condition," the doctor went on, "We refer to her as, for lack of a better term, an 'innie'."

"A what?!"

"Are you all honestly still confused?"

Twilight looked over to Rainbow, "Well, that explains why she could pull off all those amazing things."

Rainbow smiled at her, "That actually explain a lot of things," she giggled. The six all burst into laughter together.

The laughter continued as everypony shared in the relief of their uninjured friend who just happened to have a bit more to her than what meets the eye.

Author's Note:

A story I made since I was so inspired by the picture I used, which was made by this wonderful fellow bakki. His art is awesome I suggest doing yourself a favor and going to check out his page.

It's not the best thing I've ever done but I just had to do it. Any comments, critiques or constructive criticism are welcomed. Thanks for reading!