• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Everfree - Shadepal P

Applejack shivered as yet another cold gust of wind blew over her.

"Remind me, again, why it is that y'all are leadin' me into the Everfree forest?" she asked, her head swiveling at every rustle and snap from the surrounding foliage.

Rainbow Dash, who was currently a few paces ahead of the orange mare, turned her head to reply.

"I already told you. I've got a surprise."

She turned to face back towards the path before continuing. "Which, by the way, is going to be awesome. And besides, I thought you of all ponies would be used to the perils of the Everfree forest, what with your timberwolf flank-kicking the other day."

"That was different. Ah was savin' Spike."

"No, I think it's the same thing" was the reply. "You saved Spike by kicking some timberwolf hindquarters." Rainbow took a quick look around. "We're almost there, by the way".

Rainbow's point was accentuated by the fact that Applejack could now faintly hear running water.

They walked for about a minute longer before Dash turned off the path, between some trees, and into a clearing.

"Ta-da!"

Applejack gasped as she took in the sight, all her previous worries about their whereabouts vanishing. The clearing was adorned by thick, lush trees, with golden rays of sunshine piercing through the canopies. The perimeter of the clearing sported majestic, green shrubs and ferns. But the feature that caught the farmpony's eye was the crystal-clear stream running through the middle.

"Whadda ya think? Pretty neat, huh?"

"Rainbow...this is amazing! Ah ain't even seen a place like this in the Whitetail Woods!" she responded, her voice filled with wonder.

The blue pegasus grinned. "I knew you'd like it."

Rainbow lay down near the stream, motioning for Applejack to join her. AJ took a seat next to the other mare, feeling a blue wing wrap around her.

"How in Celestia's name did ya even find this place?" Applejack asked, finally taking her eyes off the scenery to an (equally mesmerizing) alternate target.

The pegasus shrugged. "It was mainly by accident. I was flying above here, and decided to do an 'unplanned landing' into one of the trees. Ended up here."

"Well, Ah'm mighty glad ya did. Not about crashin', obviously, but findin' this place. It's perfect".

Rainbow smiled at her. "You're perfect, AJ."

PreviousChapters Next