• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Math - YoshiFawful64

It was the morning after Scootaloo's first sleepover at the Apple family house since Rainbow Dash and Applejack had gotten married, and the orange filly was heading to the kitchen, where a freckled Earth pony was just finishing up a pile of pancakes.

"Hey, Applejack?"

"What is it, Sugarcube?"

"Could you help me with my math homework?" Scootaloo asked.

"Sure," Applejack replied, making space on the table so the filly could place her textbook, notebook, and writing equipment on it. "What's got you confused?"

"Well, Miss Cheerilee just started teaching us about exponents, and I'm not sure I really understand them yet."

"Well, y'know how a multiplication is basically addin' the same number over and over?" Applejack grabbed a pencil. "Try thinkin' of exponents as a sorta step up from that..."


"Thanks a lot, Applejack, I think I get it now!" Scootaloo beamed. "You're really good at math!"

"Aw, shucks. I ain't nothin' special. I just need to be able to handle our finances, that's all."

"Well, Rainbow couldn't have taught me that as well as you did."

Applejack tried and failed to conceal a snort. "Sugarcube, don't take this the wrong way ā€” I love Rainbow to bits, and all ā€” but math ain't exactly one of her strong suits," she said. "In fact, she'sā€¦ well, pretty bad at it, to be honest."

Scootaloo looking quizzically at the Earth pony. "Really? I mean, I know she doesn't like math, but I always assumed she was still average at it, at least."

The mare gave Scootaloo a look that was half-amused, half-deadpan. "A few months back, when we were plannin' our weddin', she tried to lend a hoof with the budgeting. Let's just say she wasn't very helpful."

"I'll take your word for it, I suppose. Oh, and thanks again for the help."

"Glad to help," Applejack said, then winked and added, "Especially now that we're sisters-in-law."

Scootaloo paused. "ā€¦Huh. We are, aren't we? Didn't realize that. Does this I'm part of the Apple family now?"

"Eeyup," Applejack answered. "Which reminds me ā€” we happen to have a bit of a tradition that tends to come up when new ponies join the family."

"Oh?"

"It involves ponies who sleep in late, and a big bucket of freezin' cold water," the orange mare said with a smirk. "And wouldn'tcha know it, it's already nine o'clock, and a certain pegasus is still snoozin' away." She grinned at Scootaloo. "You want in on this?"

Scootaloo struggled to contain her laughter. "Do I ever!"

PreviousChapters Next