• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,745 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,745

PreviousChapters Next
String - UnlicensedBrony

Applejack sat in a fold-out chair, next to the red pickup truck in her family's barn. She had her guitar in her lap, and was fiddling with the tuning. A few feet away, Rainbow Dash sat in a chair like her own, fitting new strings to her electric, with the old ones discarded beside it. The whole gang was supposed to be meeting there for practise, but Rainbow had turned up early.

ā€œI swear you're fittin' new strings to that thing every time I see you,ā€ Applejack said, picking at a couple of her own to test the sound.

ā€œUh, that's 'cause I'm always buying better ones,ā€ said Rainbow, as if it was obvious. ā€œYou can't just stick with the same old strings all the time, else it just gets boring to play.ā€

ā€œHeh, speak for yourself ā€“ I ain't changed the strings on this gal since I got her.ā€ Applejack patted her guitar, smiling.

ā€œYeah, well I--ā€

Snap.

The string Rainbow had been fitting flicked up and caught her right in the mouth. She recoiled and dropped the guitar as she jumped to her feet. ā€œOw! Son-of-a--ā€

ā€œHoly Hannah, Dash! You alright?ā€

ā€œYeah, I'm fine,ā€ said Rainbow, with a grimace. ā€œDamn it, ow...ā€ She looked down her nose and pinched her lip between her fingers, trying to get a look at it. ā€œAm I bleeding?ā€

Applejack got up and walked over to her, leaning in to check it over. There was no cut. ā€œNope. Just grazed ya.ā€

Rainbow let go of her lip and huffed, rubbing her jaw. ā€œWell, it's sore as hell.ā€

Applejack smirked. ā€œWant me to kiss it better?ā€ she teased.

Rainbow stopped in the middle of a snarky comeback, mouth hanging part-open and eyes slightly unfocused. Then she looked at Applejack. ā€œW-what?ā€ Rainbow asked.

ā€œI said, do y--ā€ Applejack's face caught fire as she realised what she'd just suggested. ā€œO-oh shoot, I didn't mean, uh--ā€

ā€œNo-no,ā€ said Rainbow, shaking her head. ā€œJust, uh, forget that. I, uh... Yes.ā€

Applejack stared at her. It took her a moment to pick her way through that 'sentence'. ā€œYes, what?ā€ she asked.

Rainbow stared back, and there was a glint of nervous fear in her rosy eyes. ā€œYes, please,ā€ she said.

ā€œNo, I mean--ā€ Applejack broke off. Her eyes went wide. ā€œOh.ā€

They both fell silent. The air in the barn suddenly became very thick when Applejack realised just how close together they were standing. She gulped, and saw Rainbow do the same. Then, as if watching her body on autopilot, she felt herself drawing in towards Rainbow's lips.

Part of her wanted to slow down and think about what she was doing, but the rest of her would much rather have acted first and thought later. And that part was winning. The closer she got, the less of everything else seemed to matter, and before she knew what was happening, she could only see Rainbow.

Their lips met. Everything melted away for Applejack, and she closed her eyes to revel in the sudden pleasure of the touch. The softness, the warmth, the way they both shook with nervous anticipation. Taken by the moment, she found Rainbow's hand with one of hers, and held it. Right then, the only two people in the world were she and Rainbow...

ā€œOoo, what's goin' on in here?ā€

They both broke away with a jolt, and pretended to be interested in anything but one another as Pinkie poked her head into the barn.

ā€œNothin',ā€ they chorused, cheeks blazing.

PreviousChapters Next