• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,747 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,747

PreviousChapters Next
Have we done microphone - HapHazred

"Dammit! What words do we know have a 'ph' in them?" Rainbow exclaimed.

On the other side of the table, Twilight and Rarity smirked. "I can think of a few," Twilight teased. "Do you want a hint?"

"Winners don't take hints, 'Twi," Applejack growled, leaning in towards Rainbow Dash conspiratorially. Rarity smirked.

"Neither do losers, coincidentally."

The 'L' word burrowed into Rainbow's brain, splitting her skull like a piledriver until the thought of not being the winner scrambled her brain like morning eggs. Applejack sensed her failing concentration, and gave her a nudge.

"Get yoursel' together, RD! I might not know a whole bunch of fancy words, but there's gotta' be somethin' we can do!"

Rainbow's eyes flickered from left to right, panic taking over. "You don't understand! This game doesn't make sense!"

"It's just spellin'," Applejack retorted. "What words do you know? Let's here 'em."

Rainbow ran her hoof over her eyes. Peering at them from their fortress of vocabulary, Rarity and Twilight were grinning.

"We did offer to split ourselves up to even the vocabulary skills evenly," Twilight said, "but you insisted."

Rainbow groaned. The tiles, each imprinted with a letter, seemed to dance drunkenly across her vision.

"I hate board-games, AJ," she confessed.

Applejack had her hoof on her lower back, below the base of her wing. "I know, sugar-cube."

Rainbow sighed. "I should have known. You can't spell 'bored' without B, O, A, R, and D."

Applejack swallowed. "That ain't right, actually."

Rainbow squinted as the lights flickered inside her brain. Her face fell.

"Oh."

"Don't forget, you can split up a word you've already made," Twilight said.

"What, get rid of 'mine'?" Applejack snapped. "What of loyalty?!"

"What of microphone?" Rainbow muttered.

Applejack went quiet.

"What 'bout it?"

Rainbow's eyes locked with Applejack's. "A few weeks ago, I got to be a stand-in announcer for the school race, as a kind of celebrity judge," she said. "And I remember getting into an argument with Mayor Mare that there's no way you spelled it with a 'ph' (which is stupid, right?)"

Applejack narrowed her eyes.

"Have we done microphone before?" she asked. "Have the others done microphone?"

Rainbow shook her head. "Nope. It's completely open."

Applejack grinned.

"Nice one, sugar."

PreviousChapters Next