• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Fortune - HapHazred

Applejack bit her lip. The door, made of painted oak, loomed in front of her. Never before had her own house seemed so intimidating. She let out a long sigh, calming her nerves. It's fine. She won't mind. She's a reasonable adult. Applejack swallowed. Most of the time.

She turned the handle and gave the door a gentle push. She felt it should have creaked and groaned as it swung open, but it didn't. It was utterly silent.

And beyond lay Rainbow Dash, sprawled on the bed, a book between her hooves. Her eyes flickered towards Applejack as the farmpony trotted inside, distracting her from her reading. "Hey there," she cooed seductively, folding the page of her book. Applejack removed her hat, the very picture of awkwardness.

"Not right... not right now, sugarcube," she said. Rainbow tilted her head for a second and closed her book. "I wanted to talk to you. 'Bout the, uh..."

"The engagement?" guessed Rainbow, narrowing her eyes. Applejack nodded.

"Um, yeah." She took a deep breath. "You know the farm has been doin' well lately, and we've been makin' barrels of money..." she babbled. Rainbow nodded.

"Yeah..."

"And I'm the legal owner of all this... money?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, it's... not that I don't trust you or nuthin'..."

"Yeah..."

Applejack hesitated. "I'd... like a prenup," Applejack blurted, wincing all the while. Please don't be mad, please don't be mad...

Rainbow let out a long, relieved sigh. "Aw, great! I was so worried you'd get angry when I asked."

Applejack paused. Rainbow rolled over onto her hooves.

"What?"

"So, when do we do this? Tomorrow? You know a guy who can make this work? 'Cause I don't know a guy."

Applejack waved her hoof, confused. "Hold your horses. You want a prenup too?"

Rainbow nodded. "Yeah, totally."

Applejack frowned. "Why?"

Rainbow swallowed. "Well, 'cause I have money. Um, lots," she answered.

"When?" Applejack asked, confused as ever. "You've never... uh..." She hesitated, realizing she was delving into uncomfortable territory. "You've never acted like you did."

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Well, I my dad is the archduke of Cloudsdā€”" she began, before clamping her hoof over her mouth. "I mean, uh, I don't know where the money came from!"

Applejack blinked. "Did ya'll just say what I think you said?"

"No!"

"You were about to say your pa was the archduke of Cloudsdale, weren't you?"

Rainbow looked sheepish. "Uh... yeah." Her wings flared. "But... I'm still Rainbow Dash! I don't want you to think I'm, like, royalty or something!" Her ears flattened against her head. "That's be the opposite of cool."

Applejack remained still, her mouth open. "But ya'll are royalty, ain't you?"

"Um... technically..."

Applejack ran her hoof through her mane. Rainbow peered at her, becoming more concerned as the silence dragged on. "Um... are you mad I'm secretly, uh... nobility?"

"I'm mad ya'll didn't tell me!" Applejack exploded. "Why wouldn't you trust me with something like that?"

"Well... it was never important..."

"Rainbow, we're gettin' married," Applejack said. "And I'm just learning this now? Why?"

Rainbow hung her head. "'Cause I always wanted to be... a pony first, and heiress to Cloudsdale second," she said. At 'heiress to Cloudsdale', Applejack's head swam. "I never earned the title, and I never wanted it to mess with my life until I was ready."

"And I have to learn now?" Applejack asked. "Now, of all times?"

Rainbow sat, her ears folded back and her wings clamped against her sides. She looked the very image of submission. "I'm... sorry?"

Applejack looked at her. She looked for all the world like the same pegasus she had met so many years ago, upset at having done something wrong. She reminded Applejack of a puppy caught chewing on the pillows. A hint of a smile played Applejack's face. Rainbow was exactly the same as she always was.

"It's fine, sugar," Applejack told her extending her hoof towards Rainbow. "I was just taken by surprise is all." Rainbow took Applejack's hoof and was pulled in towards her. Applejack smiled as she trapped Rainbow in a soft, quiet hug. "Ain't no reason to be upset."

There they stayed, Rainbow's heart set aflutter by her near-fight with Applejack. "Sorry I didn't tell you. It was just..."

"Never important," Applejack replied. "I know."

Rainbow nodded, finally smiling again.

"Um... we're still getting the prenup, though, right?" she asked.

"Sure as sunrise we are."

PreviousChapters Next