• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,748 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,748

PreviousChapters Next
Dark - BronyNeumo

Author's Note:

BronyNeumo: "That was a fun one! Can I get a "yay" for PianoDash?"



Knowing a certain song from Billy Joel helps for reading this chapter.

The sky was darkening and the gentle pitter-patter of rain to forewarn the building storm had only just begun to strike the ground as Rainbow Dash and Applejack raced their way across the orchard. The heavens above finally broke open, drenching the surrounding countryside with life-giving nourishment just as the two ponies slammed the barn door behind them.

"Wooo-ee. That storm sure is a mighty strong one. Ya better give me more warnin' next time, Dash."

"Hey, not my fault you distracted me when I came to tell you. Hard to get two words in when all you want is smooches." Rainbow Dash playfully nipped at her marefirend's ear, and Applejack blushed, ducking away. "So, looks like we have a few hours to ourselves in here. Got any ideas?"

"I'm kinda tired, Sugarcube. Maybe we could do somethin' less active for a while?"

"Aww--" Rainbow Dash's ears began to droop, before immediately perking back up, as if an idea had suddenly struck her. "Hey, I've got an idea!" She quickly trotted across the barn, stopping beside something large and indistinct and covered in a faded brown cloth. Without further ceremony, she whisked the dustcover off the old grand piano and beamed at her marefriend. "I could take a whirl on this! I haven't been able to play in agesā€¦"

Applejack smiled. "Sounds like a wonderful idea, Sugarcube."

Rainbow Dash sat herself down on the bench and tested a few keys. Liking what she heard, she settled in to play a song, but only got a few bars into it before Applejack stopped her.

"Hey, I know this one! Hold up a minute and let me grab mah fiddle."

"Ok, but just so you know, I'm gonna be changing up some of the words."

A few minutes later, with Applejack situated comfortably on a pile of hay and her well-worn fiddle cradled in her hooves, Rainbow began to play again. This time, the earth mare cut in with her own music, and the pegasus began to sing.

"Well it's late and it's dark in the summer, as a storm rolls over the farm,
But I'm here with my mare, so I shouldn't be scared, for I know it won't do me no harm.

"Now I might just say that I love her, though I'm sure that she already knows,
For she's strong and she's fine and her flank is divine, and her heart soaks up all my woes."

Applejack snickered, before jumping in and adding her own voice to the song just as Dash was about to begin the chorus.

"Sing me a song, you're the piano mare. Sing me a song tonight,
For ya might just be gettin' some lovin', if ya sing and ya woo me just right."

Rainbow just grinned. "Challenge accepted, Applebutt."

"Now, AJ, she wants me to woo her, though I'm not really sure if I can,
But I'll give it my best, I won't give it a rest, at least that's not part of the plan.

"'Cause she told me before that she's tired, and I think just a little bit sore,
But I swear by the moon, that I can make her swoon, just so I can get me some more."

"Oh la da di da, da di da da, la da di da, da di da,

"And the storm rages on, just outside, with a zap, and a crack, and a boom,
Still I'd rather be, nowhere but with she, cooped up in this cozy old room.

"I like to think she agrees with me, I can see it right now in her smile,
that she'd rather be, nowhere but with me, locked up in this barn for a while."

She looked up, and Applejack was indeed smiling, even as she prepared to take the chorus once more.

"Sing me a song, you're the piano mare. Sing me a song tonight,
For ya might just be gettin' some lovin', if ya sing and ya woo me just right."

Rainbow Dash laughed, her hooves still dancing across the keys.

"Well I call her my lover, I call her my world, I even call her my best friend,
But if this were a list, I'd sure be remiss, if I were to call that the end.

"She's the best thing that I've ever known, and she's at the center of my life,
If I could call her anything, and if I had a ring, well I'd sure love to call her my wife!"

Rainbow Dash looked up, and saw Applejack had a heavy tinge of scarlet to her cheeks. The pegasus beamed, and her earth mare began to sing one last time.

"Sing me a song, you're the piano mare. Sing me a song tonight,
For I'll be givin' ya some lovin', 'cause ya sang and ya wooed me alright."

PreviousChapters Next