• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,745 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,745

PreviousChapters Next
Endeavor - bahatumay

The brave adventurer eyed her target and licked her lips in anticipation. Soon, it would be hers; the famed prize of the ages. From her hidden place in the leaves, she could see the famed item perfectly in her sights.

Rainbow Dash exploded out of the tree and dove for Applejack's hat. Nearer and nearer she came... until Applejack sidestepped at the last second. Unable to adjust her speed, Rainbow was helpless as Applejack grabbed her tail with her mouth and spun like she was throwing a haybale, flinging Rainbow to the ground and knocking the wind right out of her.

As Rainbow coughed, Applejack daintily trotted around her and sat on her prostrate form. "This little endeavor ain't gonna work, Rainbow," Applejack grinned. "Ah got eyes in the back of my head and a special Hat Sense what tells me when my hat's in danger." She smiled deviously. "Ya know, Ah'm startin' to think that you're more Ahizotyl than Daring Do."

"It's Ahuizotl," Rainbow corrected grumpily, "and I wasn't ready."

"Really? You just so happened to be flying right by my head with your hoof outstretched right at the level of my hat?"

Rainbow's defenses broke. "I must have it!" she wailed. "It's the one challenge that escapes me! It's been three years, Applejack! Three years and I have yet to take it!"

"Ah know," Applejack grinned as she got up. She put on a deep, melodramatic voice. "But the hat must be earned, and it cannot be given lightly. Only those who are worthy may wear the hat."

Rainbow grinned as she recognized that Applejack was quoting from Daring Do and the Crown of Destiny. "Fine," Rainbow said, pushing herself to her hooves. "What do I have to do to earn it?"

"You can start by pickin' up the apples Ah dropped when you attacked me."

Rainbow stepped back, aghast. "Wh- what? You mean, physical labor? My only weakness!" She dropped dramatically to her haunches and screamed her anguish to the sky. "Curse you Applejaaaack!"

Applejack couldn't suppress a laugh. "You're getting better at that."

"Thanks," Rainbow said, popping back up to her hooves. "I've been practicing."

"But seriously, though." Applejack gestured. "Apples."

PreviousChapters Next