• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Range - Tchernobog

Rainbow Dash, newest Wonderbolt, and flyer extraordinaire, flew low. Ever so low around the Fillydelphia Stadium. So low, in fact, that had she flown just a bit lower, she could have touched the ponies she was flying above if they had just raised their hooves.

It was an added challenge to her routine - keeping an eye out for those outstretched hooves, staying above them, watching out for those foolish overeager ponies that tried to jump up to touch her anyways.

All except for one hoof.

She'd spotted her in the crowd within seconds - she'd been searching for her, and the hat had marked her presence immediately. Some copycats had later tried to wear hats of their own in the hopes of touching hooves with Rainbow, and one crazy mare had even gone to the lengths of dying her coat and mane to match, but it hadn't helped. She always recognized the one she was looking for.

The first time they'd touched hooves in the show, she'd gotten a stern talking to from Spitfire, citing numerous safety regulations, and had promised it wouldn't happen again.

The second time it had happened, the entire stadium had recognized the mare, and cheered. Spitfire had narrowed her eyes at Rainbow Dash as they passed in the locker room, but hadn't said a thing.

The third time it happened, the cheers were even louder. Spitfire had started paying for the mare's tickets herself after that.

Rainbow had asked Applejack why she did it. Every new venue, she was there - it was only for the first showing, as she couldn't stay away for too long, but she'd been at those without fail.

So much so, that their hoofbump had become a staple of their routine.

The farmer had grinned, shaking her head gently. I love ya, Rainbow Dash. An' I'd range far and wide to prove it to ya.

Rainbow had worried that her job as a Wonderbolt would keep her away from her love for weeks, even months at a time. She'd have missed her fiercly, begging Spitfire for days off to visit Ponyville.

Turns out, she hadn't needed to worry at all.

PreviousChapters Next