• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 6,083 Views, 58 Comments

The "Spike" Incident - Ralfil



A human finds himself in the body of Spike with no idea what's going on.

  • ...
6
 58
 6,083

Chapter 4: Dread

I found myself hurtling around in an uncovered, unsecured, makeshift vehicle without so much as a helmet to protect myself. It was not the most encouraging thing ever. With no safety to speak of in my situation I held on tight to the sides of the little red wagon. Me landing in it hadn't slowed it down in the slightest. Now, it's not that I'm afraid of going too fast. I absolutely love roller-coasters. What I don't like is that feeling you get when you have absolutely no control over the situation and start to slide sideways. Have you ever drifted on an icy road before? Well apparently you can do that on a dirt road as well.

The only problem with doing it on a dirt road is that it definitely does damage to your surroundings as well as the vehicle if the wheels are primitive enough. Needless to say, the drifting was more than a little bumpy. In fact, the entire ride was bumpy. More than bumpy, it was downright dangerous.

I was also spouting several words that meant absolutely nothing when strung together like that and sounded like complete nonsense. Not being one for outright cursing, I had developed the habit of using the largest words I could find as substitutes. Sometimes they had harsh enough syllables to sound like I was speaking German. The wide eyes of the two young ponies standing above me let the small part of my mind that was still rational know that they had definitely never heard several of those words.

By the time we finally came to a stop I had stopped spouting off words and simply was holding the sides hard enough that my claws left deep indentations in the metal. I was staring at the sky in a bit of a stupor as the clouds hung there, not moving. I was shifted from my conscious, yet seemingly catatonic state by the feeling of a hoof poking me in the face a few times.

"Hey Spike?" I turned my head slowly to face the small unicorn. "Are you alright?" I looked around, focusing mainly on making sure my body was still intact.Thankfully, it was. I turned back to faced her and gave a small nod. "Oh good." She looked over her shoulder. I couldn't see what she was looking at because my head was still below the edge of the wagon. "By the way, what does neologism mean?" I blinked. I hadn't remembered using that word in particular, but it could have been one of them.

I coughed. I was in that state where you're too shocked to do much, but will still carry out simple instructions that someone else gives you without thinking. "It means 'a made-up word' if I remember correctly." My voice cracked a bit as I continued, "Why do you ask?"

"Well, it was the last thing you said before you started saying complete gibberish. Before that what you were saying at least sounded like words." She smiled. "And I'm pretty sure you mispronounced a few of the ones that were words."

I was about to respond indignantly to that, but one of her friends called her away. I took the opportunity to sit up fully and take a look around at my surroundings. There wasn't a whole lot to see nearby besides the tree-house the small unicorn went up into. I had absolutely no idea where I was in relation to my starting point earlier, but that probably didn't matter too much anyways seeing as how I had no idea where that was in the first place.

I hopped out of the slightly mangled wagon and looked at the more distant area. It seemed I was now on the edge of an apple orchard. That wasn't too bad. At least I could grab something to eat. That was if I could eat apples in this new body. I took a look at my claws again. They were not an expected addition to my physique. Nor was the tail.

I was about to run off when I was nearly deafened by three voices that were way too loud to be coming out of bodies that small. "CUTIE MARK CRUSADER DRAGON TAMERS YAY!" It took me a moment to realize that I was a dragon, and that they were probably about to come after me. By then it was too late. I turned around to see three small fillies who were still big enough to tackle me coming at me with a net held between the unicorn and pegasus. A small squeak of fear escaped my open mouth when I saw the chains being carried by the final member of their group.

It didn't take long before I found myself covered in a net and chained to the ground. I found myself wondering how they were even able to carry a chain that heavy. I couldn't move much at all. Especially with them sitting on me on top of all that. The pony that had seemed normal in comparison clearly had what might be considered a ridiculous strength stat. I was very worried for my safety and looking for any way out of this.

"So what do we do now?" said the pegasus.

"Ah don't know. What are dragon tamers supposed to do?" replied the one with a giant bow in her hair.

"Well, you were a lion tamer temporarily when you had cutie pox. Maybe it's like that."

It was at this point that I started to worry for my dignity instead of my safety. I'd been to a circus before. While I didn't find it particularly impressive, I did know that only a non-sentient being would be willing to be trained like that. The good thing though was that I now knew for a fact that I was a dragon (at least from the ponies' point of view). Seeing as how I'd been an avid reader before coming to this place I had an extensive knowledge of many different kinds of dragons. Unfortunately, I had absolutely no idea what kind of dragon I was.

I mentally started narrowing down the possibilities a little while the ponies on top of me continued discussing my fate. I definitely wasn't a wyvern. They had wings and two legs. I probably wasn't a sea dragon. Those had a tendency to only be able to live in the water. After that I was stumped. One of the problems with having a lot of knowledge about a fictional creature is that there are a lot of different interpretations of what it should look like as well as its attributes. I had absolutely no idea which ones applied to me.

Wait. I realized right there that almost every incarnation of dragons I'd ever read about could breath fire of some kind. The only problem was figuring out exactly how I was going to do that. I didn't have much time as one of the foals had left at some point and was now coming back with a whip and a chair. I could understand being able to find a chair. That's a pretty normal item to have lying around. What scared me was the whip. Something like that does not bode well.

She spat it out and her friends picked me up still wrapped up in the net. Some how they had also arranged a primitive miniature circus ring around me. They had also set up a few of those rings you see animals jump through, only these ones were constructed from thin branches tied together. I really hoped they didn't intend to light them on fire.

"Where the junk did you get a whip?!" I finally let out the question that was making me sweat. On a side note, finding out that I could sweat was interesting as far as my new anatomy went. Reptiles normally don't do that. Then again, reptiles normally don't have sentience either. If they did, there would likely be a lot more fearful sweating every time one came into contact with a large group of humans. There's plenty of people who like to eat lizards. I hear they make for pretty good jerky. I tuned back in just in time to hear the filly's reply.

"My room of course."

I was not reassured in the slightest by that answer. Why would a child who wore bows in her hair have a whip in her room? For that matter, how was she even picking it up? She carried it there in her mouth, but now it was being held in her hoof. Regardless, I knew one thing for certain. This couldn't end well.

Comments ( 22 )

OH SHIT lol

Here are all of my approvals, take them!
I do wish for longer chapters though. Then of course, no pressure, write at your own pace :scootangel:

"Where the junk did you get a whip?!"

"My room of course."

I was not reassured in the slightest by that answer. Why would a child who wore bows in her hair have a whip in her room?

Apple Bloom is a very...adventurous little filly...

...OK, Applebloom, I am now disturbed.

Burn it! Burn the heretic (weapon)!

Looks like a typical smart-ass!human in Equestria fic, but seems entertaining so far, and him being in Spike's body is fairly original. Added to Twilight's Library.

Lol fun world run. New spike time to train. Lesson one don't tell Twilight stupid!

This story died, and right when it was getting interesting.

*Sigh*

Well, so much for that. :ajsleepy:

Since it stopped right there this story is in the same boat as me, darn it, oh well it was definitely a fun story to read for a little bit even if it is a bit short lived.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF- I thought mine was original! Well, that idea is dead and buried! Sweet CELESTIA there are a lot of these "human finds themselves in (insert character here)'s body" stories out there.

Continue please.:twilightsmile::eeyup:

Haven't seen anything like this before. Which is a good thing. Shame it's not finished.

please more:twilightsheepish:

haha , I love this guy jsut so witty in hsi remarks. hope it ne day get epnded.

5403395
In my opinion, there aren't enough. At least, not enough good ones...

I was not reassured in the slightest by that answer. Why would a child who wore bows in her hair have a whip in her room? For that matter, how was she even picking it up? She carried it there in her mouth, but now it was being held in her hoof. Regardless, I knew one thing for certain. This couldn't end well.

They murdered him on accident so the story couldn't continue rip

Please continue this

Rip story

Login or register to comment