• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 1,456 Views, 42 Comments

The Voice of Music - Tavi n Scratch



Cursed with silence and a cruel reflection, music is Vinyl's only escape.

  • ...
6
 42
 1,456

Epilogue

One year later

“Good luck out there Vi,” Octavi said as Vinyl walked out the door of their room at the palace.

“Thanks Tavi, not that I’ll need it.” She shouted back. The after party for this year’s Gala was about to begin. A thought passed through Vinyl’s mind and she changed directions. She walked through the door to the familiar stairwell. Taking the steps one at a time, she came upon a familiar window. It was the same window as before, but the picture was changed.

Next to the white unicorn sat a grey earth pony with a black mane, and above those two sat a cyan pegasus, lounging on a cloud. They all stared at the sunrise. The scene made Vinyl smile, she had always been intrigued by the castle’s enchanted glass.

With a grin on her face, Vinyl finished her descent and trotted out to the courtyard, where a crowd of loud ponies gathered. She stepped outside and took her place next to her co-DJ at the turntable.

“You ready for this Vinyl?” Dash flashed a cocky smirk on her face.

“One second,” Vinyl took out her trademark goggles and placed them over her eyes, and her expression changed to match Rainbow’s. “I’m ready, let’s do this.”



“Gooood evening Canterlot, are you ready to party?” Vinyl yelled into the microphone. The crowd cheered.

It felt good to be heard.

Author's Note:

Thank you all for joining me on this journey. In all honesty, third person past tense is the most difficult style for me to write, but I feel that this turned out well. If you have any feedback then feel free to tell me.

I will be continuing to write my vignettes, and once those are finished I have a sad Dash centered fic that I'm extremely excited for. It is mostly written out now, but I want to finish it and edit it extensively before publishing, look forward to that.

See you in the next one
-RT

Comments ( 5 )

Huzzah! A wonderful ending, and you did quite well working with 3rd person past tense if I do say so myself.

Comment posted by Listie The Scribe Maid deleted Dec 16th, 2012

This was a great story which had a wonderful ending.:twilightsmile: Keep writing.

1811060 I guess that's why I shouldn't write when tired, thanks for the catch.

Also, in response to your question, it is an AU fic after all.

a brown earth pony with a brown mane,

Imma assume that's supposed to be Octavia. I thought the Doctor for a sec. Good story though.

Login or register to comment