• Published 7th Nov 2012
  • 44,047 Views, 2,825 Comments

Foal Necromancer - Kytranis



A designated villain finds himself in equestria and his paranoia runs rampent, scaring the locals.

  • ...
100
 2,825
 44,047

Hunting and Hatching

Did you know that time is completely insane in the spiritual realms? Because I didn't. It was practically evening a few moments ago and now... “So how does this work?” I ask looking up at the bright noon sky. Actually... now that I think about it just where the hell is the sun or moon? They're both clearly giving light but I can't find either. I mean, unless that portal led to a vastly different part of Shurrok... there is a river nearby after all and there wasn't one in sight of my valley or the city.

“Different parts o' the realm are in different parts o' the day at different times. The portal we walked through leads to a darker part of Shurrok, the really big beasties are here.” Torgen tells me and I blink and nod. That makes sense I guess. Still doesn't explain the lack of sun and moon though. I lean in to whisper to him.

“If the really big beasts are here then why are we taking the newbies with us?” I ask him and he grins.

“We're all already dead here, so we cannea die twice. It's also what all the kiddies want to try... though... right... ye are still alive...” Torgen begins to explain before trailing off and watching me with horror. “Oh shite...”

“Relax, I used astral projection to get here. If things get really bad I'll zip back to my body to get out of trouble.” I reassure him and he nods, then he frowns.

“If this be just yer soul then what does yer body look like?” He asks and I chuckle ruefully. “Ye ain't even human are ya lad?”

“I am, I mostly look like this but with different clothes.” I say. Well I was human and... I think this is what I looked like once. Granted I rarely if ever got such a nice robe. What is this? Some sort of silk and felt hybrid? Very nice. “By the way what kind of beasts are we talking about? Dire wolves? Giant snakes? Elementals?”

“Wyverns and Dino's, big beasties that are all to happy to line up for pain.” Torgen tells me and I can't help but grin. He then looks pensive. “Also lad... ye've been ignorin' the question as to how ye know a goddess so closely as to have a personal chat with the lass.”

“Well... it's kind of awkward really...” I say my mind wondering just how I can spin this so that it looks. “You see... my first real multi reality trip and I... tripped up and basically landed right next to her castle, and I landed badly.” I say, alright. I have to say nothing but the truth, because the paladin may or may not be able to sniff such a lie out, and is definitely paying attention now. But, they may go nuts if they learn everything... so half truths it is!

“Did she take pity on you and nurse you back to health?” Augustus asks and I sort of shrug.

“Not entirely. I was able to use a technique that rebuilt my body... but it rebuilt my body into something local and... there wasn't enough for me to get an adult body.” I say awkwardly making this sound like a semi-painful confession from a well-balanced and trusting man.

“Are you trying to tell us that, that goddess is a relation to you?” James asks carefully.

“It's been embarrassing. I'm used to being a powerful mage you know? Yet, I'm a child again and a stranger in a strange land, meaning that I do in fact Need the schooling given to little children so I don't accidentally start a blood feud.” I say and there's some general chuckling from the other three men.

“You know, sitting at the right hand of a goddess is a prestigious and honourable position in life. Many crusade for such a chance.” Augustus tells me and I sigh.

“Some do, but I did not look for it.” I tell him and I can tell he's rolling his eyes under his helmet. Yes helmet. A damn bucket helmet...

Have I mentioned that those kind of helmets are stupid before? Probably, mostly because it limits the mobility of the head and the line of sight to an extreme degree. Pounding on it will make you feel like a you're inside a ringing church bell and if something gets in, (easier then most would think) it is very damn hard to get it out again without taking off the whole helmet. It also impairs hearing and weighs far too much to be practical. It also looks stupid, and makes your voice echo weirdly.

“Hey Charon, have you ever heard of a land called Tir'Aegwin?” James asks and I blink and nod.

“So tell me something... and be honest. Are you the nameless necromancer that killed me?” he demands in a dark tone and everyone stops. Augustus is focusing, this could be bad.

“I clearly have a name. Who is this guy anyways, what kind of monster is this being?” I ask completely avoiding the question. The paladin relaxes, good.

“He's a soul eater. Some of the people that kill him simply end up gone. Their souls don't stay around for a final rite...” he says and I blink. A soul eater? They honestly thought that? Nasty...

“Hunh... that is nasty. So you can't contact them from the afterlife?” I ask wondering where such a nasty rumour started. Was it because of my soul magic?

“No... you see the Great King Edmund Leonidas the First started a tradition where one could have a shrine to their ancestors and lost loved ones in the home. What most outsiders to Tir'Aegwin don't know, is that they can be used to speak to one's ancestors if they need something from the living. Yet, everyone who went up against the necromancer was silent. No matter what plans they had, no matter how much they would swear to say their final farewells from beyond the grave... nothing.” James explains and I blink. That kind of makes sense, often the spirit of an enemy will stick around me just to make my life miserable. I learned to exorcize them pretty quickly, it forces them into the afterlife so I guess... it would seem like I'd destroyed the soul... oh joy.

“Ye hafta wonder just what it takes to turn anything into that kinda brute.” Torgen muses and James sighs.

“Look, Charon. Sorry for being paranoid... it's just that... I died recently and it was by this necromancer. I'm counting my blessings that I'm not eaten by him... and mourning my friends who were.” James says looking upwards with a sigh. He looks beaten.

“Surely the gods would intervene with such an unfathomable creature.” Augustus says and I have to hold back a protest. This is getting stupid I never ate a soul! I just forced ghosts to pass on for pities sake.

“They have.” James states and my jaw drops. Since when? I sure as hell didn't notice anything divine after me. That is if you don't count the self righteous servants of the gods. “I know right?” James asks me, clearly he's misinterpreting the jaw drop. “Just blows my mind that he's survived even the wrath of the gods.”

“When did he do this? What kind of wrath are we talking about here?” I ask genuinely curious. Since when did I have the gods on me trail? Or... is this someone's self-delusion or a cult spirit?

“I was a child when it happened. He passed nearby my hometown, and just before he was out of sight a massive storm kicked up and the sky tried to smite him with lightning. I watched the whole thing from the top of a tree as the earth, wind, rain and sky did everything they could to kill him.” he says and I think trying to remember this... oh wait. That did happen.

“Okay... but I've also heard of Druid circles doing the same.” I tell him with a slight shrug. “Also if he knew the slightest thing about teleportation he could have gotten out of it easily.” I say refusing to admit I don't know much about teleporting. Also I got away from that by a temporary full body shift into the aether and running.

“True enough lad, some druids can do such a thing... but not many.” Torgen says playing peacemaker again. “Now lets get us to a fight.” he says and we all follow the elderly dwarf through a small cave and onto a plateau overlooking a dense jungle with massive birds flying in the distance.

“Well that was a shift! What next? Are we going to paddle down a river and end up in a desert?” I ask taking a moment to consider the hot and steamy air. Torgen just chuckles at this.

“It's the mountains boy! They keep different places separate, a proper tunnel can lead ye anywhere.” Torgen says and I whistle in appreciation. That's just interesting. “Well come on lads, them great lizards won't up and kill themselves.” he says leading us down a narrow path into the valley below. Four minutes later the trek has slowed to a painstaking crawl as the massive ferns and vines have to be hacked at to get any sort of movement.

“What in the?” Augustus asks about ten minutes later, as his latest cut reveals a straight path of dead and withered ferns and vines that crumble at the lightest touch. He looks at me.

“The necromancer killed something! What a shock!” I say with a smile and a nod. The paladin just shakes his head at this.

“Good on you boyo, but... ye may have attracted some attention.” Torgen notes and I snort.

“Isn't that why we're here? Besides I know I ticked something off.” I say with a grin and I see his eyes narrow.

“Ticked off what?” he asks and I shrug.

“I dunno. It got nicked by the death energy and is now hiding to the left side of the path. It's very big though.” I say and everyone turns.

“Where exactly?” James asks and I point. It's not too far off but it's being patient, which is odd in an animal.

“Cut a path, it's time for some action.” Augustus says and I sweep my arm and force out a small amount of death energy. Barely enough to kill bugs but it withers all the plans and vines, it also hurts the creature if the massive squawk is anything to go by.

“Wyvern. The ones here have feathers that blend in with the forest. A lucky find.” Torgen notes and quickly adjusts his grip on his axe as he marches towards where the creature is trying to hide.

“Well, it seems time to introduce ourselves gentlemen.” James notes matching Torgen's stride easily.

“It would be rude not to.” Augustus notes just behind the two.

“Indeed, we are guests after all. Best not to be rude.” I note keeping all three ahead of me. I do make a point of being more behind Torgen than anyone else though. If I need to get a shot off then it's best to not have someone tall in the way. Then... it steps out. How do I describe this thing? The love child of a green dragon and a pigeon?

It's like a dragon without forelimbs and a horribly spiked tail, probably poisonous. It's using it's wings for balance and is half-snarling, half-squawking. It's also covered in bright green feathers that blend into the jungle behind it.

“I must admit, this is the first I've seen with feathers.” Augustus states as the monster starts to pace, it's trying to choose when to pounce and on who.

“Anything to watch out for? I've faced dragons once or twice and they're always a right pain.” I say and Torgen chuckles in his throat.

“It's mostly just a beast. So don't expect spellcasting or for it to talk to you. But it does breath fire, flies fast and the tail is toxic.” Augustus tells me and I nod, not as bad as a full on dragon but it is a nasty bag of tricks.

“Any spell resistance?” I ask and James hums to himself.

“Not usually, but try something indirect just to be safe.” he suggests and I nod. I send out a feel for death and I unsurprisingly get the plants. So I stoke the death energy still hanging in them and take control of the dry dead tinder. It quickly moves to my will and I clench my fist signalling it all to muzzle the wyvern.

“Go for it! I'll keep it tied up!” I shout and all three of them charge at the beast. It breaks away from trying to break the muzzle in order to quickly sweep it's tail around at all three. James flips over it, Augustus dives out of the way and it just flies over Torgen's head. The dwarf laughs like a madman and quickly cuts into the back of the beasts left foot before stabbing upwards with the small spearhead on the top of his axe to poke a nice sized hole in the beast.

“First blood Torgen!” I call out and the dwarf laughs in response. The wyvern is starting to breath fire to try and burn the leaves I'm tying it up with meaning I have to use more. If only I had some bones or something... I feel out around me to look for some and all I can find are some animal bones deep underground. Too far away to be used with any speed. Time to get creative then.

As Augustus slashes at it's wings and James starts climbing onto the monster's back, I take the rest of the dead leaves and wrap them around the upper neck of the wyvern and try squeezing. I don't get very far with it. They're too soft to stop this monster's breathing. The beast shakes James off but he lands safely. I take that moment to wrench the bundle of leaves to the side and not let them separate. The monster dragged along for the ride finds it's head smashed against a boulder. A split second later James has sprinted up to it and stabs it in the eye.

The wyvern roars in agony and breaks the muzzle as it spits out a huge column of flame. James has wisely backed off and is staring in wonder at the green base of the fire. “Watch it lad!” Torgen shoutes jumping between him and the tail, deflecting it masterfully with his shield as Augustus charges in holding his sword with two hands to stab through the huge neck and pull downwards. Blood and fire spill out cauterizing the wound and causing the beast immense pain.

The monster is still thrashing but, the neck is almost completely severed. It has only minutes at best though as the blood flow to the brain is gone and only the spine is holding the head up. Torgen rushes up to the last bit of bone and skin and quickly hacks it apart. The beast flails one last time and is still.

“Well now... that went much better than expected lads.” Torgen admits as he takes off his helmet and wipes his brow. “We best get a move on, a fight like that'll bring in a whole army worth o' scavengers.” he notes and I can tell he's right. In the distance of our new clearing there's some scratching and movement in the undergrowth.

“You're not kidding are you? We need to either get back to Dothian now or get as far away from the body as possible.” I note as small... I don't know what... wingless birds? Come out of the undergrowth in packs. They all have very sharp teeth and are moving around quickly.

“Aye, those little runts be the biggest problem here. They hunt smart and move fast.” Torgen acknowledges and I nod.

“I'll try to open a big enough portal for the corpse. You three see if you can drag it through.” I say and focus on my connection, the portal opens to the valley opposite of the city.

“That's still Shurrok lad!” Torgen tells me and I press upwards with my mind. The portal shoots upwards until it's facing downwards on the towns square. “That'll do! Okay boys! Heave!” he shouts and all three of them start pushing the corpse through the portal. At the halfway point it simply falls through and lands in the square. They jump in after it. “Come on lad!” He shouts and I look around quickly.

“Let me grab the head!” I shout and quickly dash to the massive body part and quickly grab it by the feathers. The little bird things are so close I can see the hungry gleam in their eyes. With nothing else for it I launch myself towards the portal and shoot through with nearly a dozen of the little monsters directly behind me.

There's a wizzing sound as James launches all six of the daggers on his bandoleer, each one takes out a bird thing as Augustus cleaves two with one swing, and Torgen bats one away with his shield. The last three are very close so I simply let necrotic energy shoot out of my pores and it slams into the little monsters. They're dead before they land on the wyvern carcass. I bounce safely off the wing membrane and land on my feet still holding the head.

“That's a good trophy to pick up.” Torgen notes with a smile as he pulls off his helmet and runs a hand through his hair.

“Yea but... I doubt it'll go over well with where I'm living now. Who wants it?” I ask, thinking about the ponies aversion to violence, and coming to the conclusion that a severed head is something that will not get me any kind of peace in Equestria. James and Augustus both walk forwards. Seeing this Augustus steps back and takes off his helmet.

“I have plenty of trophies back home. James can have it.” he says and I hand it to the thief who looks like I just made his day with this trophy.

“I actually have to go now. Make sure nothing hostile has found my body while I'm here.” I say and I get a nod and before anyone can say anything I'm gone and back in my body.

Before I even open my eyes I stretch out luxuriously and feel something small and fuzzy tumble off. Bones spits at me. “Well excuse me for not knowing you were there.”

“So you're back? Did you have a nice time?” Luna asks and I glance over to her and cannot keep the grin off my face. “I'll take that as a yes.”

“You'd be right to. The hunt was very successful and we bagged a wyvern and a bunch of little bird monster things.” I claim and Luna nods looking a touch uncomfortable with the subject. “On a more interesting note, outside of the dwarf Torgen, my companions were my most recent murder victim and a man who kills people like me for a living.” I say comfortably and Luna just stares at me.

“How... lovely... can I assume it ended in a fight then?” She asks and I shake my head.

“Nope, actually I think they really like me. James the guy I killed, outright apologized to me.” I say and to my pleasure I see her jaw drop.

“And how did you manage that?” Luna asks and I just smile.

“That'll be my little secret.” I say impishly and she chuckles to herself. “So what time is it exactly? How close am I to the deadline of lunch?” I ask and there's a knock on the door. “Oh... that close.” I note and Luna nods as she opens the door with her magic. A servant comes in with a trolly holding both of our lunches. I breathe in but it translates to a sniff as it turns out I'm still sick. Of course I'm still sick I only left the body, I didn't heal it.

Well that explains why I'm still tired despite basically sleeping the morning away. I offered the servant a smile as she quickly went about her task and left the room. I see that privacy is the name of the day. “Hey mom?” I ask after a few minutes and I have her attention. “Could you teach me how to sense divination?” I ask and she looks a little pensive.

“It's a difficult skill to develop, well... not so much difficult as time consuming actually. It's a simple spell but you have to cast it and cast it until having it active is reactive. Until it's just something you do, like walking a certain way.” she tells me and I sigh. Of course it would be time consuming and annoying. Why wouldn't it be?

“So is that a no?” Luna asks and I shake my head.

“No, not in that way. I'm just resigning myself to being annoyed.” I say standing and rolling my shoulders. Time to get over there and eat something, the sliced fruit looks nice.

“I thought you were in a good mood?” Luna asks with a slight smile.

“I am! This is me happy! Mostly... somewhat... kinda.” I say and Luna rolls her eyes and heaves a frustrated sigh. “What is this thing called happiness? Is it something you eat?” I ask in a heavily sarcastic tone. “Come on, I'm not that bad. Just rusty, not fully ignorant.” I protest and she just smiles. I hate it when that's her whole reaction, I have no idea what it means.

I decide to put it from my mind and just eat, with a satisfying crunch which I strangely feel throughout my whole being I bite into an apple. Wait... I glance at Luna and from that stunned look she felt it too. What was that?

“Did you feel that?” Luna asks and I nod. “That was spiritual, but why a crunch?” she asks and it dawns on me.

“The changelings! They're inside egg like cocoons and changing spiritually. If one of them is cracked open then it would let out spiritual energy as well!” I say and Luna's eyes widen. She stand up clearly preparing to teleport. “I'm coming too.” I say and latch my aura onto hers before she can protest. She just gives me a stern look but teleports us both irregardless.

In an instant we're in a dungeon and the cells are full of white marble cocoons. One of them is cracked and shaking. “I think that's the first one.” I note and Luna makes a small noise of confirmation. We watch it shake around a touch until a loud cracking noise splits the air, and something very small bursts out of it. “What the?” I ask stunned looking at the tiny... it is a pony but not like any pony I've ever seen. It's pale green and could stand on the flat of my hoof no problem. Very bright and curious eyes dart around the room and a foursome of insect wings keeps it in flight. Yet what really stand out are ruffles of fur around each hoof that are the same colour as it's auburn hair and it's lion like tail with an enormous fluffy point, almost like a fan.

It flutters closer and I can now make out a tiny pair of antenna sticking out of it's hair as it smiles at us. “Hi!” the tiny creature says.

“Hello there little one, and who might you be?” Luna asks cheerfully and the tiny pony flits over to her in a blur.

“Uhm... I dunno who I am! Do you know? Why are you so different? How are there stars in your mane... wait... what're stars? What's a mane? What were we talking about?” the tiny pony asks in rapid succession and I blink at this. Okay so it's got a three second attention span... it certainly seems harmless though.

“You were telling us who you are.” I say to the small creature and it adopts a thinking pose in midair lazily drifting around until it's hanging upside down. Okay, so the little thing can focus too.

“I dunno! But hey! Why are you two so big?! Why can't I be big? I wanna be big!” the tiny creature protests. It's plenty cute, even I have to admit that but it's acting hyper every second of life. Aren't newborn beings supposed to be hungry and lethargic? Not energetic and bouncy at least.

“I dunno why you're small. But, can you come closer so I can get a good look at you?” I ask it and in an instant it's hovering right in front of my right eye. I smile at it trying to be friendly.

“Well aren't you a pretty little thing?” I ask holding my right forehoof up right under it and it lands and prances around. This thing is TINY. I quickly focus on it's aura and I'm fascinated in an instant. It's like a solid multi-faceted crystal that drinks light while reflecting it outwards in a rainbow of colours. I have no idea how I did this... but it looks like the skeletal soul that the changeling had before had collapsed in on itself, and literally became as a diamond. “Whoa...”

“What is it?” Luna asks concerned she seems a little wary of the tiny pony. I guess it's reasonable seeing as the thing is fast and our eyes would be tempting targets for something so small.

“I really did good work here. Our little friend is so different from a changeling that there's no possible chance of regression. The little cutie is also so downright innocent as to be incorruptible.” I say and Luna raises an eyebrow. “From what I can tell she might not even be able to get angry, or sad or feel fear. Everything is translating out into positive emotions, and the transfer is feeding her.” I say and Luna whistles as the tiny pony takes off and starts flying around my head.

“Hey! What are these white things?” the tiny pony asks and I turn to face the same direction.

“Those are others of your kind sweetheart. They're waiting to come out of their shells like you just did.” Luna says gently and the little one gives out a huge gasp and shoots from one to the other examining them all closely.

“Hey! This one's bigger!” she calls out and we walk over to the cell with a single cocoon. It's more than twice the size of the others. Chrysalis... has she even kept her memories? Have I killed someone that went through that much shit? Granted, most of it was her own doing but still... I'm trying to be nice here.

“Why's it all alone? Is this one special?” she asks zooming around the two of us again.

“Maybe, we don't know anything about it yet. Only that it's bigger.” Luna says kindly and the tiny pony goes back to examining it.

“This one's special... I can hear a voice from it.” the tiny one says, Luna and I shoot each other a look of alarm at this. “It's strange though... I think she's having a really bad dream.” Uh-oh... if she comes out pissed off and ready to fight then I'm going to have a hell of a time with it. Especially if she causes all the others to hatch. My necromancy might not work twice, especially if their souls are so dense.

“What kind of bad dreams? Is she angry or scared?” Luna asks and I nod.

“Uhm... she, she's scared!” the small one notes. “She's lonely! She's scared of being alone! But... why? I mean I think she's connected to me and there are so many here...”

“Can you tell her that she's not? That there are others?” I ask and the tiny pony lands on the large cocoon and looks like she's concentrating.

“She doesn't believe me... she says I don't feel like one of hers.” she says as her face falls. Now the tiny thing looks heartbroken.

“Can you open the cell please?” I ask Luna and she nods.

“I hope you know what you're doing.” She says as the keys float off a hook at the end of the hallway.

“Then start worrying, because this is me making things up while trying to be nice.” I say as she unlocks the door and gives me a stern look. “Oh come on! I'll be in arms reach.” I tell her and she nods with a sigh. A few moment's later I'm right in front of the large white pod and the tiny pony is looking up at me expectantly.

“Let's see if I can talk to her.” I say and I place both more forehooves on it and start focusing. 'Hello?' I send into it and I get a bestial snarl.

“Wow! She doesn't like you!” the small one notes I chuckle ruefully at that statement.

'Time out here, the fight's done. Unless you want to fight again I have no further problem with you.' I send into it and I get a sense of disbelief. But not at my words, at my gall... hmm...

'You killed them! You killed my children you bastard! I'll see you dead for this!' Chrysalis 'says' her voice echoing in my mind.

'Only the ones that attacked me are dead. The rest are fine, there's still hundreds.' I send and there's a silence in her mind. I pull away.

“Is it still her?” Luna asks and I nod. “When she hatches she'll have to go on trial for her crimes.” she states and I sigh. “You're not honestly sticking up for her are you?”

“Well... she is an immortal, so unless you give her the death sentence and get really thorough with it... it'll likely just start the cycle all over again.” I say trying to reign in the desire to just crush the cocoon. It would be easier but it would not be 'good'. “So... some kind of second chance.” I say and I get a frown from Luna.

“Are you suggesting that we give a mass murderer amnesty, simply on the off chance that she'll choose a peaceful life when offered?” Luna asks and my jaw drops a little.

“Yes, it's done me a lot of good.” I tell her and she looks a little taken aback.

“Alright, we'll see when she wakes up. Until then though it's best to learn more about our new little friend here.” Luna says and I nod. I sure as hell hope that Chrysalis appreciates this when she hatches. “Now come on. It's time to get a better look at our new friend.” she says walking off after locking the cell again, and I follow her with the tiny pony now trotting up and down my back seemingly addicted to the sensation of walking rather than flying.

It doesn't take long to get outside, it turns out the dungeons aren't fully attached to the palace with a lovely choke point watched by at least twelve guards between it and the palace. The guards take a few moments to nod or salute when they spot us as the miniature pony shoots around examining everything with glee.

“I'm not quite sure what to make of our little friend... she seems far too excited to have the memories of the changeling she was.” Luna notes and I nod.

“She wasn't really alive as a changeling. We witnessed her birth, and although she knows some things. Everything is new, strange and exciting.” I say and Luna nods at this.

“Little one! This way! It's warmer inside!” Luna calls just as we enter the castle proper and the tiny pony zooms in trailing a small amount of snow. “We really need a name for her.” Luna notes a little dryly.

“Snow Wing?” I suggest and Luna gives me a look. “Well I just put it together since she trailed a little snow by flying around so much.”

“It's a good idea, but we should have her intake on it so that we don't offend her by accident.” Luna says and I have to nod.

“Night-Shade!” A cheerful voice announces and I turn in time to see Rain-Drop rush up from beside her mother.

“Hi Rain-Drop! How are you?” I ask being friendly and she smiles so brightly it's like the sun is in here. Before she can answer the mini-pony is hovering right in front of her.

“HI! Nice to meet you! Who are you?!” the tiny one exclaims excitedly as Rain-Drops mother flies up and stares at the little thing.

“Who is this? She's adorable!” Rain-Drop exclaims happily and I lean in to whisper to her.

“This is the changeling we changed. She seems a lot happier now.” I whisper to her and she gasps in awe as she watches the tiny pony in wonder.

“Wow... so you made a changeling into a flutter-pony?” Rain-Drop asks and I blink. What in the hell is a flutter-pony?

“Uhm... sure...” I say uncertainly as Rain-Drop squeals in joy. Her mother is completely dumbfounded and I turn to Luna with a confused look on my face. 'What is a Flutter-Pony?' I mouth to her and she cranes her neck down to me.

“It's an old pony's tail about very small ponies who bring happiness wherever they go.” Luna says and I nod in understanding. Well... oops.

“So I'm a Flutter-Pony?” the tiny thing asks. “Neat! So what kind of ponies are you?” she asks and there's a quick round of blinking.

“Well I'm an Earth Pony, Momma is a Pegasus Pony, and Princess Luna and Night-Shade are both Alicorns.” Rain-Drop explains pointing out each one of us in turn. “There's also unicorns who are smaller alicorns without wings or the other special powers alicorns have.”

“Really!? Cool! Hey! Do you know what Flutter-Ponies can do? Do ya hunh?” the little one asks and Rain-Drop laughs.

“No I don't know... but we can find out! But first... what's your name?” Rain-Drop asks and the flutter-pony stops and considers. “Do you have one?” she asks and the tiny pony shakes her head.

“Well how about you two come up with a name together?” I suggest more than a little happy to foist to very energetic beings onto each other. They tire each other out and I still look like the good guy.

“Yea! How about... Fluttershy? She's famous and it would be good for a Flutter-Pony to have!” Rain-Drop suggests and I blink. Why are they deciding here? “You got any ideas?” She asks me and I quickly think.

“Uhm... Wind-Song?” I ask. Wait, why would I think of that? ...The little thing reminds me of an overly energetic bard, and she can fly... that's probably why.

“That's a nice name.” Rain-Drop's mother suggests and I suspect her of kissing up. Ah well, at least it's the more harmless type.

“Well I like it!” The flutter-pony states and Rain-Drop nods happily. “Great! I'm Wind-Song! Yay!” Have I unleashed a perpetually happy menace upon the world? Or is this just a phase? Or is this just Wind-Song herself and the others are different? So many unknowns and killing them isn't an option. This is just annoying.

Author's Note:

Enjoy.