• Published 9th Nov 2012
  • 1,638 Views, 57 Comments

To The Last Breath - Thunderbird Resurrection



An alternate version to Canterlot Wedding part 2

  • ...
18
 57
 1,638

Chapter 1: Road To Badland's

"Alright men we have been training long and hard! When the unicorns create the barriar, deviding both Equestria and the frozen north. Make sure nothing come's close to it." A buff Pegasus shouted the order out. The Pegasus had all golden armor with blackened streaks and on his shoulder pad had the New Lunar Republic royal guard symbol on it, letting ponies know that he is part of the Lunar army. "We can not allow these vermin to take our land Slaughter our children and turn us into there food source." He gave the nods to all the unicorn's soldier's as they charged there horn's up and created a wall around Equestria.

The wall reached eighty eight feet high, and streached all around the land of Equestria. Only non Changeling's could pass through it, it's power was also unlimited and it was made to hold back dark magic. The buff Pegasus smiled. "Good, now then." He said taking his helmet off, revealing his blue and red mane that was cut short and combed on top but went all the way down to his back. "All we have to do is wait for there food supply to run out and then we have these bug bastard's in our hooves." With that he smirked.

"Commander Rezurection, sir!" One soldier went up to him. " Sorry to intrude on your duties sir, but one of our squads just finished reporting in from Canterlot. Three out of fifty made it out,they found out more about the invasion. The Changeling's are after something, it is in the castle of Canterlot. I'm not sure what it is just yet, but by the looks of it..." He paused for a second before continueing. "It's the relic, there is no other explaination to what they want." The commander's eye's widened.

"You mean." The soldier only nodded, he now knew why there attacking mostly Canterlot. "We have to stop them now, send as many men as we need to stop them, if they get there hooves on it they will be unstoppable!" He shouted, the soldier saluted him and ran to the base of operation's. The commander threw his helmet on the ground and now was hyperventelating. "Luna save us all." He muttered as he stared at the wall the unicorn created.

The ponies left the catastrophe that occurred behind them, they stopped and looked back as a wall was formed around them and Equestria. "There sealing us in." Twilight said softly. "Doesn't look like it was mean't for us tho, I recognized this sort of magic." Twilight took the map out and was now observing the map to Badland's, she took it away from her eye's and sighed. "We have to be close by now." She stated, Twilight 'or any other pony for that matter' has never even seen the Badland's in person, to her it may as well be a crater in the dirt.

They reached a tall mountain that had a planet side view of Equestria. Luna flew up to the sky and concentrated on bringing the sun up. With allot of tention and pain surging through her horn she lifted the sun up. Her then started having trouble coming down, she land on her hooves and collapsed. A crack was heard, her horn was breaking. "I do not know how long I can keep this up Twilight Sparkle." Luna grunted. "I have never raised both the moon and sun." She gained her balance and stood up.

Twilight stared at the moon god. "Don't worry about it right now, you don't have to stress yourself out." Twilight replied, before continuing. "Celestia told me you would be the queen of Equestria someday, she told me that her first time she raised the sun and moon while you were gone, it was a difficult task."

"But how did she pull it off?" Asked Luna.

"Easy..." Twilight looked at princess Luna. "She had faith, that she was able to." Twilight looked out at the vally, even during the horrid time, she still found beauty in the land of Equestria. "A once great and powerful wizard said, you have o know the magic to do so is in you, before your power's bloom eternal."

"Was that certain pony Starswirl The Bearded?" Luna said with a smug look.

Twilight giggled. "Hey I find his teaching's to be fantastic." Smirked the lavender unicorn. She looked out into the land of Equestria, her smile vanishing. "We could of saved her." Twilight said softly.

"We couldn't have done nothing to save Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle." Luna replied with a sad look.

"I can't believe we just let her die like that!" Twilight screamed as loud as she could. "I know she was the element of loyalty but, why did that idiot had to do it." Twilight started to sob before using her magic to wipe the tear's away. She looked up to Luna with sorrow in her eye's.

"I wish we could have Twilight Sparkle, we all wish we could of saved our loved one's from those abominations." Luna turned and trotted away. "I'll keep in mind at what you just told me,." She left, leaving Twilight to sulk in her sorrow.

Back with the group Spike was helping Rarity with the plan's on how the camp in the Badland's should play out. " Alright Spike we should make two watch point's in these location's" Rarity pointed out on the sketch of the pony camp. Rarity continued. "Applejack will take this point, and the other will go to Twilight."

Spike sighed. "We should work on getting the dragon's trust first before we start planning for a camp."

Rarity nodded. "Well what do you think of it Spikey Wikey?" She asked.

"Out of all of it, I have to say it is well thought out." Explained the baby dragon, making the unicorn blush slightly.

"Um...Why thank you dear." She said quickly snapping back to reality.

Applejack and Fluttershy were looking at the hill where princess Luna and Twilight were. "Ah wonder what they were talking about?" Applejack spoke up.

"I don't know." Fluttershy said quietly, as Luna trotted by them giving each a glare. "Must be about Rainbow Dash. "

"I think so." Applejack looked up at the hill and sighed I hope we make it to this here Badland's quick." Before they could continue they heard A sound, as if two wing's were flapping in the air. The group looked up and seen a red dragon swoop down before jerking up and taking flight in the sky again.

Twilight rushed down and looked up. "Is that?" She started to speak but was cut short when another group of dragons followed the red dragon. "Follow those dragon's everypony!" She shouted getting everyponies attention.

The group ran after the dragon's hoping they would be led to the Badland's, and it did. The mountain they climbed was huge but over the hill, there it was. There were the Badland's. Twilight looked at it and seen all the dragon's nesting on hill top's taking flight and soaring through the air, or putting gem's in the middle in front of a giant stone dragon.

"So, this is the Badland's?" Spike asked Rarity.

"I think so." Rarity looked at Spike. "Well, let's trot on in."

Before she could Spike placed his arm in the way. "No, we wait for Twilight, then we start to move in." Rarity nodded and looked at the dragon's.

Twilight arived sortly after and looked upon the group of dragon's. "Wow, there is allot of dragon's here. Fluttershy come up here."

usually Fluttershy would say no but she nodded knowing she haden't got the choice to say no. "Yes Twilight?" She asked quiently.

"Since your good with animal's I thought you may be able to talk to them, ya know so they don't eat us." Twilight looked at her friend as she gulped.

"O-Okay. I'll do it, just let me see an angle I can talk to one from." She looked around giving each place a glanch then she found the perfect place to talk to one, A hill that was high enough to grab one of the dragon's attention. She flew up and took her stand there, in front of her was a red dragon, she tried to get it to look at her. "Excuse me, mister dragon."

The dragon looked around and stared at Fluttershy who proceeded to back up. "What do you want, pony?" The dragon said roughly.

"I-I'm sorry to bother you good sir but-but..." Fluttershy blinked and tried to get her last few words out. "My friend's and I were forced out of our land, we would like it if we could stay here?" She closed her eye's and waited for a response, what awaited shocked her and even the dragon.

"You need to speak with our leader, Prometheus. He is on top of that huge Spire." The dragon said pointing to a large structure, on top was one single opening. "Good, luck. Oh before I forget, welcome to Badland's, the place where hellfire's burn." The dragon flew off and left Fluttershy who began to have a sigh of relief.

"So? What did you speak to him about?" Twilight asked as Fluttershy came down.

"We need to speak with a dragon known as Prometheus." Fluttershy replied to the lavender unicorn. "He is up there." Fluttershy pointed to the large structure known as the Spire.

"Well we should move out then." With that the group made there way to the Spire in the middle. The dragon's looked at the group as they made there way to the tower.

On there way there they heard them whisper to each other. "Ponies? What in tartarus are they doing here?" Said one dragon.

"I don't know, they look to be having a dragon hatchling with them." The other replied.

The group reached the tower and in no time a big dragon came out of the cave from up top and landed in front of the group. His scales were white and his spine's were black. "What may I help you with? Ponies..." He said roughly.

"Are you Prometheus?" Fluttershy asked, the only response was a nod. "We were wondering if we could, um stay-"

"No, don't even bother wasting my time. Go back to where you came from." Prometheus said in a huff.

Twilight went up and shouted with fury. "I just lost my damn friend! At least show some pity on us!"

The dragon bent his head down and stared directly into Twilight's eye's. "So what, you coward's left us for dead during the last war of the ages. Why should we even consider helping you." Prometheus replied coldly, with a scowl he waited for a response.

Twilight was about to speak but instead Luna spoke. "We had to help our own, dragon. Do not blame us for trying to save our own race."

The dragon looked at Luna, then gave a smirk. "Ah, Princess Luna fancy seeing you here. Tell me how was the moon treating you?"

"In my defense, it was horrid." Luna replied. "You know the changeling's will come here to. They can do it, they have the army and the power. When they knock on your door's don't expect our help." She turned and trotted near Twilight. "Because we will be whiped off this earth."

Prometheus thought for a minute, then shot a glare at Spike. "You, young hatchling. Are you with these ponies?" The response he got was a nod from Spike. "Hm, okay you can stay. On one condition."

"Name it." Twilight said.

"We will train the hatchling for his small growth spirt that will occur in two year's, he will grow as big as your Princess there, on all four's. He must learn to defend himself." Prometheus explained as Twilight looked at Spike.

Spike nodded in agreement and Twilight nodded back. "Okay, you get to train Spike in exchange for letting us stay here." Twilight began. "We'll probably need some item's to start."

"No problem, we live in the middle of a dried up lake and battle feild, there will probably be vintage civil war equipment laying around, and we could also help make the structure's around the Spire." He looked at Spike. "First training session will be tommorow, don't be late." Spike nodded as the dragon flew up to his cave.

At the small camp just outside of the wall a large group of soldier's started taking formation around the wall. "Okay, we can do this." One soldier gulped at the last part of the sentence. They slowly moved passed the barrier and were on the outside. There was a very thick fog that covered the area. "Can't see a bucking thing." One soldier said to the other.

"Where are you, buggy buggy buggy?" Another soldier said trying to taunt them. Just then wing's moved freely through the fog, and shadow's whipped past fastly. "What the hell was that?" One soldier exclaimed as he backed up.

He bumped into another soldier from behind. "Hey, watch it!" The soldier he bumped into snapped. The other gulped. "We have to be on aler-" He stopped as a swooping noise was heard.

"Is, everything alright?" The soldier said, he went up the other soldier and placed a hoof on him.. "Is everything okay?" He made him turn around and was shocked at the image presented. The soldier's neck was slit, and blood squished out, the solder with the slit throat fell to the ground, the other soldier looked around. "Everypony, something is in the fog with us!" Upon saying those word's a jagged arm came out of the fog and impailed the other guard pony in the eye. The knife like arm retracted from the eye and went back into the fog. The pony fell to the ground.

The other pony soldier's were outside waiting for a response from somepony and then, it happened. Ear piercing scream's echoed through the fog. "What the hell is going on in there!?" Commander Rezurection shouted.

"It was a bucking ambush sir!" Shouted another soldier.

"Get them out of there! Get them the hell out of there!" The commander shouted.

"Help me!" A voice came as a soldier from the other side jumped throught barriar but made it only half way. "Help me, it has my leg!" The other's looked back and seen that his leg was missing and blood was coming out of it. The soldier's rushed up and tried to pull him back in, but A jagged arm came out of the fog and dug into his other leg. He screamed in pain and agony, as his own flesh was ripping apart."Don't let them kill me!" He cried out in pain. "Don't let them kill-" His final word's were lost as a Changeling jumped on him and started to bite down on his back. The other's let go as he was dragged into the fog.

"What do we do now..." Commander Rezurection said softly. He didn't want to go that far but he had no choice. "Seal it off completely, quarantine the whole boarder. There is nothing we can do now..."

Continue's from chapter 2....