• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 623 Views, 2 Comments

The 35th Bi-Annual Ponyville Hide and Seek Extraordinaire!!! - Dawn-Designs-Art



Hide and Seek, a fun game, the rules are simple, but can Derpy follow the rules?

  • ...
 2
 623

Part 2: The Everfree

Derpy Hoove's trotted happily through the Everfree, not a care in the world, when she remembered why she was here. "Oh, I better hide!" She started searching for a good hiding place, and came to a large cave in the side if a small mountain, one of the hoofful of mountains that dotted the Everfree.

Glancing around she trotted in. "Nopony will find me in here! there'll be lots of places to hide!" She giggled as her voice echoed around the massive cave.

A short while later she entred a massive cavern, filled with mountains of gold, jewels, bits, jewelry, old armour, everything precious that you could ever think of! "Wow..." Derpy stared, mouth agape. She had never seen so many riches in her life.

She wandered through the mounds of treasures, taking it all in. Suddenly she spotted something, silver, not gold. Curious, she wandered over to see what it could be. reaching out a hoof, she picked up the object, a silver necklace, with a perfect little blueberry muffin pendant.

The pendant was silver and shaped just like a muffin, studded with perfect purpleish-blue saphires for blueberrys. Captivated, she studied the pendant for a long time, then slipped the necklace over her head to admire it against her coat. Beautiful!

Just then, she heard a rumbling from the mouth of the cave, a monsterous sneeze, and smoke streamed into the cave. A dragon! And by the sounds of it, it had a cold.

Dragons with colds were less agreeable than non-sick dragons. Derpy quickly hide as the dragon came in, sneezing again, filling the cave with more smoke. Maybe she could escape through the the haze of the smoke without being seen.

A few sneezes later she could barely see the dragon, which meant he wouldn't see her. She edged around the edge of the cavern, headed for the entrance.

She reached the entrance tunnel safely, but just as she went to leave, the dragon sneezed again, sending a watermelon sized booger to the ground next to her. She cried out in disgust as it splashed onto her leg. "EW EW EW EWWW!"

"ROAAAAAAAAAAR!"

"AHHHH!" Derpy Hooves cried, galloping away before the dragon could even stand up. She galloped and galloped deeper into the Everfree. She was about to start slowing down when she tripped on a tree root, landing hard on her wing whilst getting tangled in vines.

"Ow!" she cried out. She struggled, trying to free herself, but she was well and truely trapped. "Oh well..." she sighed, "at least thing's can't get worse." And she spoke too soon.

A foul stench started filling the air. Timberwolves. A pack of 4 emerged from the tree's, growling menecingly at Derpy. Their fangs were sharp, claws sharper.

She shook in fear, surely this was the end for her.

The timberwolves approached.

She waited for the inevitable.

Waited.

Waited...

The attack didn't come...

"CRASH!!!"

A howl of shock.

Another crash.

"Not today you twiggy mutts!"

Derpy's eyes flew open, she gasped.

Two of the timberwolves were now piles of firewood on the ground, whilst the other two growl and snap and jump at a yellow-brown coated pegasus in an adveturers vest. With a strong kick from the pegasus, another timberwolf collapsed ontop of the fourth, trapping it.

"Nothin to it" the pegasus declared, landing. Derpy gasped at the sight of the pegasus. Greyscale mane and tail, adventurers cap and vest, rose eyes, compass cutie mark.

"Oh my gosh! Your Daring Doo!!!" Derpy cried, eye's wide, mouth agape in wonder.

"I surely am, and you are?" Daring asked.

"I'm Derpy Hooves, I'm a big fan! and so's my little muffin Dinky, but we're not as big of fans as Rainbow Dash is!" Depy gushed.

"Okay, Derpy. How about I get you of those vines?" Daring Doo Gets a machette from her saddlebags and starts chopping away the vines, and soon Derpy is free. "So what are you doing all alone way out here in the Everfree?"

"I was looking for a hiding spot for the 35th Bi-Annual Ponyville Hide and Seek Extraordinaire, but I had a run in with a dragon, and then these Timberwolves, but you saved me, it was so awesome! But... Why are you here?" Derpy explained.

"Ponyville hey? well, I was searching for new ruins and such for the setting of my new book" Daring replied. "Umm, is your wing okay?"

Derpy looked at her wing to find that it was hanging at her side. In all the excitment she'd forgotten about it, but now began feeling the pain. "Ow... I think I dislocated it when I tripped..."

"Okay, well I'll bandage it for you, but we should move away from here first, before the timberwolves recover" Derpy nodded and followed Daring out of the clearing, back to her camp.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment