• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 15,234 Views, 379 Comments

Metal Heart - Taloon85



You say you wanted to find the last humans? I'm the last one here but I'm not human... not anymore

  • ...
55
 379
 15,234

3. "Because we created it."

Chapter 3 – “Because we created it.”

<< Macintosh Hills, base camp >>

The night was calm. The dark blue sky was covered with twinkling stars and a full moon. The night's calm was only disturbed by the quiet snoring from the guards tents and the occasional cough from the three guards standing around a metallic object. The guards consisted of one pegasus, one unicorn, and one earth pony. To Metal Heart they represented an excellent opportunity to study these creatures.

And so Metal Heart scanned them from his position at the camp fire, without their knowledge. The guards were nervous at first. They were the first shift and didn’t exactly know what he was. His statue-like appearance was unnerving, but they relaxed after half an hour and became drowsy.

Those were some good cardio readings for Metal Heart. It was nice to know he could determine if a pony was nervous even if the pony thought they were hiding it well. Of course, in order to determine that he would have to keep the scanner activated. It wasn’t like he was flooded with this much information all the time.

Even though his brain was now circuits and wires, there were still limits to how much information he could handle. He could take massive amounts of data for ten minutes, but any longer and he would suffer damage and if he continued to let massive amounts of data stream for too long, he would suffer complete system loss and his mind would be gone. Only a command executing shell would remain.

But his actual tasks were far from being harmful to his mind. The synchronization with the SatNet, the orbital satellite network, was automated, and that meant he could concentrate his primary systems on scanning the ponies in his immediate vicinity.

A deep scan, however, would not go unnoticed. Maybe one day, when he'd earned their trust, he'd ask them if they would allow him to do a deep scan.

There it was. The third satellite right above this area was synchronized with him. Metal Heart looked up and concentrated on the three objects in geostationary orbit. The sudden movement after almost two hours of rigidity, startled the guards and even without active monitoring, Metal Heart could tell that the guards now had adrenalin being secreted into their systems, resulting in higher heart rate and increased breathing.

On his inner eyes he could actually see the satellites above him and he was receiving their data immediately. Normally he would prefer the retro-style holopanels to manipulate data. The scientist never understood his fascination of this outdated user interface.

His mind was enough to control whole facilities, but he liked holopanels and voice commands, it brought a feeling of nostalgia. However, right now it was too flashy and would probably wake the sleeping ponies.

With a though he started the scan for this area, beginning with the camp and then outwards. Within forty-five minutes the SatNet had already scanned the surface in a radius of 150km. That was his first priority. He wanted to know how the planet looked like after all this time. The deeper scans had to wait until he had connected all satellites.

In the corner of his eye he caught a movement and he looked down to his side. Princess Luna, the Pegasus-Unicorn Mix, walked over to him. The guards were nervous again as Luna sat next to Metal Heart.

“Trouble sleeping?” he asked with a silent, but rough and metallic voice.

“Yes,” she answered and brought a wing forward to cover a yawn, “My sleeping schedule is completely off balance. I’m normally awake during the night.”

“How come?” asked Metal Heart. To any outside observer it would appear that he was looking at the stars, but his focus was on the much closer SatNet.

“I rule the night and have to hold the night court,” Luna sighed and propped her head on her front hooves, “I also have to sign laws and regulations that fall under my responsibility.”

“I can imagine that the night court is not visited as much as you would like. That must be boring and frustrating.” Metal Heart stated without looking down. Luna eyed the metallic survivor from another era.

His emotionless, never moving face and his hard voice make it hard to believe that he was more then a moving statue. But there was still some part of him that had emotions, but he couldn’t bring them to the metallic surface.

“Oh it isn’t that bad. I have plenty to read.” Luna said as she raised her head and covered her mouth with her right fronthoof as she gave a hollowed laugh.

Metal Heart looked down to her and said bluntly: “But still frustrating.”

Luna stopped midlaugh and let her head fall onto her hooves. With closed eyes she groaned: “Yes.”

Metal Heart didn’t pursue further. It was clearly a sensitive topic and he didn’t want to upset the Princess, but he could sympathize with her. He had built Bunker IB-02 on his own. The scientist had wanted to test his ability to command huge groups of robots without help from other living beings. It was boring and frustrating.

“Say, Metal Heart, how did this world begin?” Luna suddenly asked.

“What do you mean?” he asked in return, not knowing exactly what she wanted to hear.

“I’m mean; everything has a beginning and an end. This world had to have started somewhere and your race lived here long before we did. Tell me the story of this world” Luna asked with big eyes.

Metal Heart looked back up to the stars and started: “I actually don’t know. We just found this planet.”

“You found this planet?? But…” questioned Luna unbelieving.

“Let me explain," he said and looked back to her, “Humans come from another planet, called Earth or Terra, like most preferred. Then the human race built massive, powerful vessels that could travel between the stars.

“We colonized many other worlds, but we never found other intelligent lifeforms. Then, we encountered this planet. This planet was different from the others. It was decided that we would label it a 'rogue planet'.” Metal Heart explained. Luna and even the guards were stunned from the sheer idea to travel to other planets.

“What do you mean by rogue planet?” asked Luna not quit understanding.

“Normally a solar system is built with at least one sun in the middle with planets orbiting it. Sometimes a planet falls out of orbit of it's sun and ends up adrift or it crashes into some other celestial body and is destroyed or, like this planet, it gets stuck in the middle of nowhere.” Metal Heart explained.

“But we have a sun. Celestia raises and lowers it every morning and evening.” reasoned Luna.

“Yes, you have a sun,” said Metal Heart and looked back up, “because we created it.”

Luna sat there in silent shock and before she could scream “WHAT?!” at the top of her lungs, Metal Heart continued: “It was an immense resource hungry project, but we were capable of it. Why, one would ask, why would we spend so many years and resources to create a sun for a rogue planet?

“Well, this planet is four times bigger than Earth and normally that should mean four times the amount of gravity, at least, but still this planet has standard gravitation, just like earth. This planet was a scientific anomaly we had to study.

“When we examined the planet, we discovered that the planet was and still is incredibly rich with resources. Million times more than what was needed for the sun project. And there was a mineral we didn’t recognize but we soon realized that it caused natural anti-gravitation, the reason why this planet has standard gravitation. It was too deep in the planet to be extracted, so it’s still there.

“Still, the other resources were more then enough reason to colonizing this planet. At first we tried to terraform certain parts of the planet to provide the colonist with food, water and especially air, but it didn’t work. Life can’t exist without natural light, at least, not for long. So over one hundred years we gathered many resources from all the colonies to ignite a sun here. Has your sister told you how big the sun is compared to the moon?”

Luna nod: “Yes. It is slightly bigger than my moon. Oh please don’t tell me you created the moon too.”

Metal Heart had to chuckle. It was metallic, but sincere: “Oh no. The moon was already here with the planet. But what would you say if I told you the sun of Earth is hundreds of times bigger than the one here.”

Luna’s jaw dropped. She just stared at him for several seconds, before she regained her ability to speak: “But this… this is impossible the sheer heat would melt your world.”

“The distance between Earth and the sun is much greater that it is here.” Metal Heart stated, “There are far bigger suns in the universe, some one thousand times bigger then Sol, the sun of Earth. Sol is indeed one of the smallest suns we have encountered.”

“The smallest?” Luna asked and shook her head in disbelief, “Okay, I… I'll go along with it. What came next?”

“Terraforming. The planet was a frozen rock. No plants, no animals, no life at all. We started the process like we did for countless other planets. Thousands of ice asteroids were brought here and melted to form oceans. Within another one hundred years the planet had enough water to supply life. In controlled sections we planted plants and brought animals, even horses and ponies, after the ecosystem was stabilized. This took only fifty years.

“So after two hundred fifty years the planet was finally finished. Colonists settled down and the planet became the central trading point of our kind. Daily, hundreds of ships reached the planet with goods, tourists and new settlers.”

Luna gulped audibly and just took everything in. She could hardly believe it. How could she explain her sister that she was controlling a tiny, artificial sun; which in comparison to the one it was based on was a tiny dwarf? That this planet was more or less built by the humans and that even ponykind wouldn’t exist if the humans hadn’t brought their ancestors here.

As she finally regained her thoughts she noticed that Metal Heart was looking at her slender body. She blushed a bit, but didn’t say a word. His eyes wandered all over her body, from her horn, over her face, neck and shoulder to her wings. From there to her legs and further to her rump and tail.

“Say, Luna," Metal Heart began. Luna couldn't stand his looks much longer without questioning him, “These marks I have noticed on everyone’s rump, what are they?”

“Oh, these are cutie marks. They appear when a pony realizes what their good in or what special talent they have. Mine is raising the moon” Luna answered looking back at her cutie mark.

“Interesting. And why are there different pony types?” asked Metal Heart further.

“I do not know, but I do know that each pony is special in their own way. Each has their own special internal magic. You have may have noticed that only ponies with a horns can actively use magic, Pegasai and Earth Ponies use magic too, but in a passive way. Pegasai using it for flying and manipulating the weather. Earth Ponies are stronger and have more stamina than the others.” explained Luna.

“Magic,” said Metal Heart thoughtfully, “It’s still alien to me.”

“So is your technology, to us.” Luna laughed.

“Another thing,” he asked her further, “Unicorns and Pegasi are mythical creatures from our past and I think they evolved through the radiation from the ponies we brought here. But what are you? Some kind of hybrid? A Unicorn Pegasus mix?”

Luna chuckled a bit and answered: “No, not exactly. My sister and I are called Alicorns. There are not many of us. That is because we’re immortal and our estrus cycle is stretched. We go into heat every 25 years or so and not twice a year like every other mare. Also not every foal we have is an Alicorn. Most of the time we bear a foal of any of the three races and it is typically a filly.”

“You are immortal?” Metal Heart asked looked directly in her eyes. His eyes glowed slightly brighter then usual, “Like can’t-be-killed-immortal or don’t-age-immortal?”

“Don’t age, but it still takes more to kill us than normal ponies. We also don’t get sick as easily.” she smiled sadly and thought to herself, “It’s a blessing and a curse at once, to see all those that we kn--“

“This must be a blessing and a curse at the same time. I don’t want to imagine how many good friends, lovers and family you have seen pass away.” Metal Heart cut in her thought as if he read her mind, “I’m practically immortal myself. You have to eat and to sleep, but regenerate wounds on your own. I need neither sleep nor food, but have to maintain myself by robots and have to replace damaged parts manually. It’s ironic.”

Luna looked at him in awe as he looked up at the stars. This time he was actually admiring them. She could tell by his eye and head movements. She leaned against him and instead of him being ice cold, like metal should be, he was surprisingly warm and even though he was still hard, she found him strangely comfortable.

“You’re so warm.” mumbled Luna as she closed her eyes. Metal Heart looked over to her and before he could start with his explanation as to why, she had already fallen asleep.

Metal Heart figured that sleeping in such position wouldn’t do well on her neck, so he stood slowly and gently scooped her up in his arms. The guards followed warily as he brought her back to her tent. They were surprised how careful and with ease he handled their princess.

The guards supervised him, as he held her still sleeping form in one arm and laid the other hand on her bed. He looked like he was concentrating on his hand and after a few minutes the air glimmered over his hand. He nodded slightly and tucked Luna into her bed. She gave a contented sigh as the warmth of her now heated bed lulled her into deep, peaceful sleep.

It surprised the guards how quietly he could walk as he got out of the tent and sat down back at the camp fire. He looked over to them and said friendly: “Guys, it’s time for the second shift. Good night.”

--------------------------------------------------

Luna yawned. She had never slept that well before and as she stretched herself, several of her joints popped. Her blurry view got into focus and the memories from the night came back to her.

Metal Heart had revealed some facts, which could shake Equestria to its very core. She should advise him not to discuss this with anypony else. The guards were ordered to never discuss anything they heard. What would happen if others got their hooves on that information?

Most ponies believe that the Alicorns were the first and that every other race descended from them. Some Unicorn aristocrats were proud that they could trace their ancestry back to an Alicorn. What would happen if they found out that ponies only exist because humans brought them here and that life is possible here because humans pretty much built this world.

As Luna got out of her bed and made herself presentable, her mind wandered to Metal Heart. Somehow she felt a connection to him. Was it because he was also ‘banished’ for so long? Or was it because he was immortal like her?

It had been a long time since she had a friend that could be with her for centuries. The longest living ponies had only lived for a few decades and then she had to say goodbye when the passed away.

Her sister and Cadence are the only other immortals she knew of that were still alive or uncorrupted. There were other Alicorns, but they were scattered around the world and there were less now than there was five thousand years ago. Her own parents were the last Alicorn-Alicorn couple. Her parents had told her and Celestia that there was once a time when Alicorns were as common as the other pony races.

War, magical plagues, and infighting driven by envy and greed had reduced the Alicorn population to its current numbers. Only a few dozen remained and among that number only one or two were Alicorn stallions. Luna and Celestia were possibly the last full-blooded Alicorns.

Luna sighed, she and Celestia had been with many stallions in their lifetime and they had also given birth to a few foals. In fact, Cadence was related to her, albeit a distant one. It was a pure miracle that a Unicorn pairing would result in an alicorn. Only Celestia and herself had knowledge of the full family tree.

Luna finally looked like a princess again. Now she was ready to lower the moon so everypony could witness the beginning of a new day. With a smile on her face she exited her tent and was greeted with bright sunlight and a guard.

“Good afternoon, Princess. Lunch is almost ready.” the guard at her tent welcomed her.

Luna's smile turned into a frown.She looked up, shielding her eyes from the sun. It was noon! How could she have overslept?

She began to panic, forgetting the guard completely, she ran to the campfire were Metal Heart should be, but he was not there when she arrived and he was nowhere to be seen. Around the remains of the campfire were Twilight and the others as well as a few guards. They were all chatting with each other and it was Twilight who spotted Luna first.

“Princess Luna, you’re finally awake. You were sleeping so peacefully that we didn’t want to wake you.” Twilight greeted her.

“You should have awoken me! I haven’t lowered the moon and Celestia might assume something is wrong. Then she'll try to send a letter through Spike and when it doesn't work, she'll come here in person!” Luna Panicked as she paced, “She will find out about Spikes death, about Metal Heart and she will judge him and then she will bani--”

“Princess Luna!” Twilight shouted, snapping Luna out of her panic fit, “Your sister is already here and she knows everything already. She is up on that hill with Metal Heart asking him some questions.”

Luna broke into a gallop without looking back. What will she do to him? Banish him? Destroy… Kill him? No she wouldn’t do such a thing. Maybe she 'd just turn him into stone?

She finally arrived at the foot of the hill and she could see both of them at the top. Metal Heart was standing with his back to her and she only saw the flared wings of her elder sister. Something was glowing bright between them and Luna feared the worse.

“Sister, don’t!” Luna shouted. Metal Heart turned slightly too look over his shoulder. Celestia stepped to the side of Metal Heart and Luna saw the scowl on her sister's face.

“Oh Luna, you finally decided to join us?” Celestia scolded. Luna shrank back at the harsh tone. Luna could tell that her sister was not only angry, but also disappointed. “Not only did you not lower the moon, you overslept for 6 hours. 6 Hours!”

“Princess Celestia," Metal Heart started, His broad torso still toward Luna. He brought up an arm between the two sisters and continued, “I’m to blame for this. I warmed Luna’s bed so it would be more comfortable for her and perhaps I made it a little too comfortable.”

Celestia looked at him. He was a head bigger then her but still somehow she looked equal. He was physically big, but the solar princess radiated such authority and power that she easily came close to the intimidating power of his size.

Celestia closed her eyes and simply nodded. “Well, if that is indeed the case, then I will overlook it, but I hope you will be able to perform your duties this evening.” Celestia opened her eyes, then continued with a smile, “I was worried little sister. I was worried when the moon wasn't lowered and when I tried to send a letter and it wouldn't go through, but now I know why.”

“It’s not Metal Hearts fault. He was asleep while the attack on Spike happened.” Luna said, hoping that her sister wouldn't harm Metal Heart.

“He has already told me everything and Twilight confirmed it.” Celestia stated softly

"If you weren't banishing him, then what was the bright light between you two?" Luna asked.

“This” said Metal Heart, turned so her and Celestia could see his right hand as he opened it. A ball of light shot one meter above his palm and expanded to a small world of one meter radius. Oceans, land, forests, rivers, mountains, deserts, everything looked so real that it looked as if he actually held a world in his hand, “This is the actual map of this planet. We called it Idas. You know it better under its current name Equus.”

“You… you have finished the scans?” asked Luna in awe.

“Yes” came a short answer. Then he pressed on a section of the small world with his other hand and a flat three dimensional map showed their current position, “We are here and bunker MB-03 is…”

The map scrolled fast north-northwest, till it found the position and come to a halt over an all too familiar small village. “…here. Its several kilometers north-northwest and I think this village is populated by ponies. Do you know it by chance?”

“That Ponyville!” exclaimed Luna shocked, “Are you saying there was one of these bunkers right below our noses?”

“The entrance is actually buried under this hill over here, several hundred meters from the town’s border.” he pointed out, “But yes the complex is entirely under the village.”

“This will be good news for Twilight and the rest. They won't have a long trip between where you will be treating Spike and where they live.” smiled Celestia.

“Is Ponyville the hometown for Twilight’s group?” asked Metal Heart as he looked at the map's representation of the village.

“Yes, Twilight and Spike live in the Library here. Rarity in Carousel Boutique over there. Rainbow in her cloudhouse somewhere above the village. Applejack actually owns Sweet Apple Acres over here, not to far from the entrance to the bunker. Fluttershy lives near Everfree Forest and Pinkie lives with the Cakes in Sugarcube Corner right here.” explained Luna as she pointed every location out for Metal Heart. She looked to him and couldn’t shake the feeling that he was thinking about something, “Is something wrong?”

“Oh no,” said Metal Heart in thought, “I have only a question.”

“And that would be?” asked Celestia.

“I would like to break down the complex here and integrate everything into the complex at Ponyville. But that would mean I will have to enlarge the complex and some parts will be visible on the surface.” explained Metal Heart, “The work is easily done by my robots and will be completed within a few weeks, but I thought I'd ask you two first.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other. It was a request what would bring great changes to not only Ponyville but for all of Equestria if not even for all of Equus. The advanced technology from the humans would change life for ever.

“Would you provide us your technology for review?” asked Celestia and looked back to Metal Heart.

He answered with a short: “No.” Celestia looked surprised.

“Why wouldn’t you?” she asked.

Metal Heart looked between the two princesses and then down to the campsite. It appeared as though he was thinking carefully about his answer. As he looked back, Luna somehow noticed a sad look on Metal Hearts unmoving metallic face.

“The technology is too advanced for you. It would be like giving your primitive ancestors this train. They wouldn’t know what to do with it and would most likely kill themselves. An antimatter reactor is far more dangerous than this train. I can teach you step by step to use the technology, but you have to learn the basics first. Furthermore, I can provide you help with my technology, but only under my supervision.”

“How long will this teaching take?” asked Luna, she could only guess why he was sad and looked over to the campfire where Twilight and the rest were.

“Decades, centuries, maybe even millennia? Our technology evolved over thousands of years and at some points nearly wiped out humanity. Because I know where the bumps on the road are, I can help you avoid them and the learning process will be faster. However, there is still so much to understand. Only you alicorns and I will see the fruits of learning and using the technology, but as for the others...”

Luna had guessed right. He was sad because he realized that he would outlive everypony he knew or will know. It was the toll of every long living being.

“I understand,” said Celestia with a little sadness in her voice, “How long will it take to build the extensions to the Ponyville complex.”

“First, I have to see in what condition bunker MB-03 is,” he explained, “but after that, around eight to ten weeks.”

“That fast??” Luna asked and then continued, “But the complex here is huge! To deconstruct everything, transport it to ponyville, expand the facility, reconstruct and integrate everything? That would take years.” Metal Heart only chuckled, a sound Luna knows by now, but Celestia was a bit surprised by the sound.

“My robots are well organized and are far more efficient then normal workers. One standard worker robot can do the same work ten humans could do if those humans were equipped with the best gear.” he said with a little pride.

Celestia studied the metal giant for a few seconds before she said: “I will discuss your request with my sister. Can you wait in the camp for our decision?”

“By the way, Metal Heart, did you tell anypony else about what we talked last night?” asked Luna quickly.

“Only your Sister” he answered, “I thought that something like this would probably bring chaos to ponykind, so I’ll let you handle the pronouncement.”

"Thank you." Luna said, relieved that Metal Heart was as careful as he was kind.

With nothing more to say he just nodded and stomped down to the campsite. The sisters waited extra long so they would be sure that he couldn’t hear them.

“So my dear little sister,” said Celestia barley above a whisper. Luna faced her and readied herself for the scolding of her life.

“Last night? He warmed your bed? What exactly did you two do last night, hmmm?” Celestia asked, a mischievous grin on her face.

-------------------------------------------

As Metal Heart came back to the campfire, Twilight was the first to approach and asked him: “What did the Princess say?”

“I think she believes me and even if she’s not completely convinced of my intentions, she does trust me enough to not put me in chains.” answered Metal Heart and then he turned to address the rest of the crowd, especially Rarity, “I think you will be happy to know, that I have found the bunker.”

The group and even the workers and guards cheered by this news. Rarity was more relieved than the others and Pinkie was on the edge to throw a party.

“Where is it?” asked Twilight with concern. She feared that the bunker would be somewhere deep below or far away or both.

“In Ponyville.” the giant answered simply. The entire group was dumbfounded and it took mere seconds before a collective “Where?!” was pronounced.

“In Ponyville. That is your hometown if I’m not mistaken.” repeated Metal Heart and stretched out his hand with the palm up. The map was shown again with the location of the bunker and it’s entrance. The ponies around him were more than impressed.

“I didn’t know you could use magic,” said Rainbow Dash surprised, “I mean I have seen these… these panels around you from time to time, but this…”

“That’s not magic” Metal Heart and Twilight answered simultaneously, “It’s…” They looked at each other.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to interrupt your explanation” said Twilight sheepishly. Metal Heart just waved her to continue and said,

“No please, I’m interested to hear your theory.”

Twilight looked around her in the waiting faces of so many ponies. It wasn’t easy for her to hold a speech in front of so many about a theory. The speech wasn’t the problem. She had done this multiple times, but about facts. Solid hard facts she knows about, but a theory was always something that could be proven wrong. If it was her theory and that theory were to be proven wrong... Twilight didn't want to be wrong, it would make her feel dumb and she didn't want to be laughed at. However, there was no way out and the proverbial spotlight was on her, so she would just have to take a chance and hope she was right.

Twilight gulped audibly and closed her eyes before she started:

“It’s his technology. In his wrist is some sort of emitter that emits light. If this light is crossed multiple times then a ghostlike object is projected... I think.”

She opened her eyes, looked to Metal Heart and feared the worst: disapproval. The same fear she always has when she met with the princes. Scolding, dismissal as a student, even banishment. Okay maybe Metal Heart couldn’t send her to the moon, but she didn’t know for sure what human technology was capable of.

But instead of an angry face and harsh words she got… nothing. Metal Hearts face was unmoving like always, incapable of showing any emotion. Somehow she found it sad that he couldn’t smile when he was happy or cry when he was sad. He was a statue, moved by technology unknown to her and controlled by a mind that was once embedded in a living, breathing being, but then he surprised her.

He chuckled. Deep and metallic, but still he chuckled. A smile crept slowly on her face and Metal Heart gave her a thumbs up, a gesture unknown to her but the following words of approval to her were more than enough to understand:

“Very good, Twilight. Light is essential for this and the technique behind it has been used for a long time. But something is missing.”

Twilight almost gasped. She was correct so far, but something was missing. The only question was: what? She thought hard about it. She almost got a headache but she got it.

“A medium! Light alone can’t create a image in midair, there must be something it can reflect of.” she smiled widely.

“That is also correct” nod Metal Heart, “In the beginning humans used glass. In the right angle it looked like an image in the air. Later transparent sheets were used in more then one angle. One of the longest used mediums was actual a fine mist. But these emitters emit not only the light but also a weak invisible particle beam.

“Just like the light used in previous techniques the particle beams are crossed multiple times. Then a single light beam illuminates the concentrated particles. A single light beam would just illuminate an object from one side, which would result in a flat image, but the particles reflect the light between themselves and have a short afterglow.

“This is why the image glows and is always a little bit blurry, but it is better than any other technique for a hologram, the name for such three dimensional images.”

Metal Heart looked over to Fluttershy and raised his other hand in front of him. With a short glow an exact image of Fluttershy stand in front of him, facing the group. They were surprised and some had to look twice to realize what just happened.

Holoshy was blinking, breathing and smiled at the group, even reacted to a hoof wave from Pinkie Pie. But despite all the realism, Holoshy had a weak, unnatural glow and she looked fuzzy. As if her entire coat was electrostatic.

Before anypony could say something a voice came from behind Metal Heart: “I see your demonstrating some of your more interesting talents, Metal Heart.”

Everyone looked for the source of the voice, Metal Heart moved aside and Princesses came into view. The voice had been Princess Celestia's and Luna was to busy hiding behind her mane to say anything.

“Princes Celestia, I was showing these ponies how a hologram and the associated emitter works,” explained Metal Heart and Holoshy followed her living counterpart in a deep bow.

Celestia was amused by this had to hide a giggle: “This is really impressive. I hope you can teach my little ponies how they can use these things from your new home.”

“I assume my request of transferring this complex to Ponyville is granted?” Metal Heart asked and the surrounding ponies smiled hopefully.

“Yes, you assume right.” said Celestia and the ponies that Metal Heart counted as friends by now cheered.

“And Luna is responsible for you.” The group cheering stopped as they waited for more. “You two will work close together, infact…” Celestia looked over her shoulder and a sly smile appeared, “Very close. Once your complex is finished she will move in with you to directly oversee all the work and teaching that will be done.”

Luna peeked from behind her mane directly to Metal Heart and even if noponyelse registered it before she hide again, Metal Heart noticed the huge blush across her face. He could tell that she was embarrassed, but by what was not clear to him. Perhaps something the elder sister said made Luna embarrassed; he would have to ask her at some point.

The wild cheering around him didn’t help to clarify that. The only thing that he did know was, that the upcoming years would be interesting.

For all of them.

EN: Whee Editors Note! Where I write stuff that makes the author cringe. Nope. Just kidding. Taloon85 has been gracious to me by letting me help him out with his work. I do my best and as always try to make sure that things make sense in English so all you wonderful peoples can read and enjoy a story. I can’t wait to see where it goes from here as it is starting to get real interesting and I just know that all you wonderful folks share the same sentiment. By the way, if you haven’t already, if you like the story then click that lovely little green thumbs-up do-hicky up there somewheres. Perhaps it will bring in those people who read stories that have a high amount of likes. Oh and, shameless self-promotion incoming, feel free to hop on over to my story “Finding Solace” and give it read. Be warned that it is full of mushy gushy lovey dovyness and is not approved for people with weak stomachs, end of shameless self-promotion. Anywho I’ll be watching as much as you will and together we will follow the journey of Metal Heart as his story unfolds. Until next time this is Demichev signing out.

Author's Note:

You will have noticed, that this chapter was only half corrected.
Because of the holidays and some problems with google drive, we couldn't finished it yet.
I will post the last half of the corrected chapter later. But it seems that I will have not internet or even a Computer for a long time after the 25.12.
Maybe I have to set this story on hiatus for one or two month.