• Published 3rd Feb 2012
  • 1,503 Views, 33 Comments

SOTP (Seat of the Pants) Collection - Gylden Glor



Just random short stories I get in my head. No real plot, might never follow them through.

  • ...
 33
 1,503

Finals (SOTP Story 2)

A small, lavender filly ran into her chambers, bolting the door behind her, panting wildly.

"Spike...where are you?"

The infant merely crawled over to her, looking up with bright, green eyes.

"Twi....light?"

"Yes, Spike. Come with me, quick..."

The baby dragon stuck his barbed tail in his mouth, sucking on the purple triangle, even as Twilight's horn glowed, telekinetically retrieving the smallest bag she could find.

"Okay, this looks good..."

"What?"

She looked back at the infant dragon, the young foal shaking slightly, making the infant dragon nervous.

"I...I got a seventy one on the finals!"

The dragon didn't care, and nor did it understand. He merely shoved his tail back in his mouth, and continued sucking, lathering it in saliva.

However, he stopped cold as Twilight Sparkles' horn glowed brighter than a ruby, (which Spike could really go for right about now,) performing a very difficult spell. As it ended, the bag shook, shivered, gesticulated, and flopped down, seeming...bigger, than before.

"Come on, Spike!"

The infant dragon merely burped as Twilight picked him up, magically transporting him down the stairs of the bag bunker, giving him a strange, tingling feeling.

"We need to hide in here until Celestia calms down...she'll probably banish me...maybe I can get some studying done in here..."

She placed Spike in a small bed, pacing up and down the steps as the bag closed behind her. She proceeded down the steps, all the way to the tenth basement, where books about hiding were stored.

Suddenly, she heard a door open, and she huddled under the first bookcase she saw, hearing the ornamental golden hoof shoes clicking on the floor outside of the bag, so close and yet so far away...

"Twilight Sparkle? I wanted to talk to you about your grade on my finals."

Twilight gulped, shivering under the bookcase.

I've been here for only a half a year, and already I've failed her...and myself...

"Twilight Sparkle? Where are you, my faithful student?"

The pony in question cried silently, knowing how much she would miss being called Celestia's 'faithful student'...

"Hello? Spike? Twilight? Anypony?"

The tapping accelerated, Celestia frantically searching the room, worried for her protege.

"Oh, dear...ah!"

Twilight cringed as the bunker shook, books falling from their shelves, the sound of Celestia tripping over the bag thunderous within the lavender unicorns' retreat.

"Oh, my...Twilight is never so careless as to leave her things lying about..."

The unicorn shrank back under the bookcase, pressing herself farther in, her small form allowing her to do so with ease.

Celestia, please, don't open the bag...

It was too late, as a sound akin to the world tearing in half denoted the zipper being pulled open, an audible gasp heard from above.

"Oh, my...this is..."

Twilight's heartbeat drowned out Celestia's words, and the sound of ornamental gold on stone.

"Spike...then Twilight Sparkle must be in here."

The unicorns' heart skipped a beat, hammering faster and faster, the alicorn already on the fourth basement, gasping in surprise as she beheld the statue that stood before her. She pressed on, determined to find her student...


"Twilight? Twilight!?"

Celestia stepped right in front of her student's hiding place, oblivious as to where the unicorn may be.

She steeled her nerves, and shimmied out from under the bookshelf, looking down at the ground.

"I'm right here, Princess Celestia...I've failed you..."

Twilight cried, already missing the title of protege and faithful student.

"Twilight Sparkle, look at me."

The unicorn did as she was told, sniffling and crying the entire time.

"My faithful student...don't cry..."

Twilight's heart skipped yet another beat.

"You have performed magic within this bag that few other trained unicorns can emulate. I couldn't be prouder of you, even if I tried."

Twilight sniffed, rubbing her eyes with a hoof, surprised to see a single tear rolling down Celestia's cheek as the world cleared, the unicorns' own tears removed from her eyes.

"You...you're not...going to banish me?"

Celestia smiled, sitting in front of her friend and student.

"Why would I do that? Twilight, you are my best student, and I chose you as my protege for a reason."

Twilight sniffed once more, Celestia's smile faltering as another tear rolled down her cheek.

"In your short time here...you've accomplished more than I could have ever thought possible..."

"But...I failed your test..."

"Perhaps, yes. But the fact that you were able to do this...I've already changed your grade to a solid hundred."

Celestia swallowed, tears overflowing, her voice cracking with pride.

"Congratulations, Twilight Sparkle."

Celestia sniffed, smile wavering slightly.

"Thank you, Celestia!"

Teacher and student hugged, Celestia missing their bond of friendship already.

Alas, to uncover the power of friendship, she must lose one...she must Sacrifice our friendship to save the world. Just like Gylden Glør...

Celestia pulled herself out of the hug, smiling at her student.

"Well, what are you waiting for, Twilight? We have a feast to attend."

They set off, both of them laughing as they did, Celestia leaving the bag with a new found hope.


Meanwhile...

Mørk Natt smiled thinly, looking down at the two ponies.

Twilight Sparkle...when the four stars converge...you shall truly be the one to save Luna from Nightmare Moon...

She looked up at the moon, her cutie mark glowing, the four stars on her flank emulating the four stars surrounding the moon.

Princess Luna...may you forever find peace...

Mørk Natt closed her eyes, biding her time, until the day when Nightmare Moon must raise.

I bound Nightmare Moon into the moon for Celestia, and now, after one thousand years, I must see to her return...

The dark blue pony slept, her horn shining in the light of the darkness.