• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 1,957 Views, 90 Comments

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage - Rabuiods



Laughing Stock and Twilight Sparkle prepare for the arrival of their first foal.

  • ...
36
 90
 1,957

Prologue

“Laughing Stock, I’m home!”

The comedian’s ears perked at the sound of his lovely wife’s arrival. Her voice filled the library making it finally seem like a home instead of just an empty building like it had been for the last few days. He propelled himself down the stairs two at a time as he rushed to greet her.

“TWILIGHT!” Laughing Stock threw his hooves around the mare. “I missed you so much!”

It had been one year since Twilight Sparkle and Laughing Stock promised to cherish each other for the rest of their lives. As far as they knew, life was perfect. Laughing Stock’s comedy career was going strong, while Twilight’s novel The Magic of Friendship was flying off the shelves faster than production could handle. They had great family, great friends, and loved each other with every inch of their being. While the exhausted mare collapsed on the couch, the stallion leaned over the back of the piece of furniture to gently rub her shoulders.

“So Twiley, how did Princess Celestia’s test go?”

Twilight sighed. “Oh, the usual. Bad guy threatens Equestria, my friends and I show up, stuff happens, and evil is punished.

“Well, I’m glad to see you weren’t hurt.” Caressing her cheek, Laughing Stock asked about the Crystal Kingdom.

“It was really cold,” Twilight answered. “Really…really cold.”

Once Laughing Stock had made a fire and provided his wife with a blanket, he sat next to her on the couch. “What actually happened? Did the elements step in and lay the smack down? Or did your brother and Cadance save the day again?”

The tired unicorn informed her husband that Spike was a big part of their success.

“I wasn’t able to see it, but they all swear my brother threw Cadance to catch Spike. Then he grabbed the Crystal Heart, put it in its place, and evil was punished.”

“I’m so impressed with the little guy!” Looking around the room, Laughing Stock noticed Spike was absent. “Where is he anyway?”

“Oh…he’s staying with Rarity tonight.”

Taking a seat next to Twilight, the stallion asked if Spike was being rewarded for his bravery.

“No.” Twilight seductively began playing with her mane. “It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve seen you…I thought it would be nice if we spent the night together.”

“Really now?” The comedian curled up with the beautiful unicorn. “Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs. Sparkle?”

“Unfortunately honey, I don’t need to seduce you.” Twilight sat up, kissing her husband gently. “All I need to do is nod, and you’re good to go.”

The stallion shrugged. “When you’re right, you’re right.” Laughing Stock asked Equestria’s bravest hero what she wanted to do this evening.

“Well, I was thinking you could open a bottle of cider…”

Laughing Stock couldn’t help but smile.

Yes!

“…and we could lay by the fire…”

YES!

“…and you could rub my hooves.”

Laughing Stock looked dumbfounded as the lavender unicorn placed her back legs in his lap.
“Anything for you, my lady.”

The library remained silent as Laughing Stock willingly bent to his task with a concentration usually reserved for his most complicated punch lines. The extra effort usually paid great dividends in laughter, but in this case, he was hoping for an alternative reward.

“So Stocky, what did you do while I was gone?”

The comedian confessed nothing out of the ordinary had occurred. “I wrote some jokes, performed at Sugarcube Corner, and shooed groupies away.”

Twilight Sparkle erupted with laughter. “Groupies? I highly doubt you have groupies.”

“I swear to Celestia, these two mares kept hanging around the back of the bakery, waiting for me.” Laughing Stock said. “They claimed to have come all the way from Fillydelphia to see me. They really wanted me to make them laugh…in private.”

Twilight sat up. “What did you tell them?”

Sensing her concern, the loyal husband grabbed her hooves. “I told them that there was only one mare in Equestria that gets to laugh with me in private.”

Twilight Sparkle leaned back and lifted another hoof for proper attention. "And who might that lucky mare be?" she purred.

Laughing Stock leaned forward. “You’re the only mare for me Twiley.”

She leaned towards him until their noses were touching. “Make me laugh.” she whispered.

The confused stallion responded with a blank stare. With a roll of her eyes, Twilight climbed onto the small end table, lying down with her head tilted back.

“Make me laugh,” she cried! “Make me laugh like one of your Fillydelphia mares!”

Laughing Stock cleared his throat. "A Griffon, a Minotaur, and a Unicorn walk into a bar..."