• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 15,414 Views, 3,324 Comments

The Abundance - defender2222



Sequel to Faith and Doubt. Twilight must save Equestria from her friends who've become alicorns

  • ...
80
 3,324
 15,414

PreviousChapters Next
The Doozy

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a bit bigger darling"

-Inception


Pinkie tapped her chin as she inspected Twilight, staring into her friend’s glassy eyes before setting her head back down. “You know,” the pink mare said, pressing her hooves against Twilight’s cheeks and making her do a ‘fishy face’, “if we weren’t in the middle of a war with a bunch of immortal beings whose power nearly rivals Discords and want to brainwash into their grinning slaves, this would be a really good opportunity for a prank.”

Sue just stared at her daughter. “But… you won’t, right?”

The pink mare sighed, stepping away from Twilight and tossing her purple cape over her shoulder, adjusting her Mare-Do-Well hat. “Yeah… but could we at least cut Dashie’s hair? It would be fun! She’d be all like,” Pinkie made an outrageous face, “and I would go like this,” Pinkie pointed and mimed laughter, “and Spike would be like this!” Pinkie stood up on her hind legs and began to trot around, bobbing her head and rolling her shoulders. “I don’t know why he would be like that, but I know he would be!”

“…ya sure she ain’t Laughter?” Apple Bloom asked. “’cause she is starting to creep me out.”

“I’m sure,” Clyde said calmly, not fazed by his daughter’s antics. “Knew the moment I looked at Laughter that it weren’t my Pinkie… my Sixth Sense wasn’t buzzing like it normally does when one of my kids is acting up.” Inkie and Blinkie, in a rare show of defiance, stuck their tongues out at the comment. Clyde, without even turning to stare at them, huffed. “And put your tongues back in your mouths!”

“Wow,” Cadence said in awe.

“Your Pinkie Sense lets you tell when a young’in is misbehavin’?” Granny asked. “I needed that when I was raising Applejack and Big Mac… I swear them two got in so much trouble it’s a wonder they didn’t grow up to be orange thieves or accountants.”

“And our sister is the one that freaks you out?” Blinkie complained.

Trotting over to Pinkie, Clyde glanced down at Twilight then at his daughter. “I assume you have a plan to break them out of this?”

Pinkie bobbed her head rapidly. “Oh yup yup yup yup yup!”

“And that is?” Sue prodded

“We very carefully… and very stealthily… rush in there and hoofpunch her in the flank! LEROY JENKINS!”

The others just stared at her.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Pinkie rolled on the ground, pointing her hoof as the group. “I can’t believe you fell for that! You should see your faces!” Pinkie pulled out a mirror from behind a bush. “See? Aren’t they funny?”

Clyde’s lips twitched, forming the slightest of smiles. “Very good, Pinkie… the plan?” The non-Pies turned their disbelieving stares on the farmer, shocked he hadn’t blown a gasket at Pinkie goofing around during such a serious time.

Pinkie grew serious, giving her father a salute. “Right! Well, Laughter invaded every pony’s mind, right?” The others nodded. “And she also invaded Faith’s mind… that’s why Cadence can use his body.”

“Right…” Cadence said slowly, backing away from Pinkie, who suddenly had a rather manic look in her eye. “Uh… you kinda remind me of that changeling that threw me in the caves… starting to scary me, Pinkie.”

“Why would I scare you?” Pinkie asked, trotting after the reapidly retreating Cadence. “I just want us all inside you.”

“…Pinkie, could you please explain that to the rest of us?” Inkie asked.

“Without sounding like some sexual deviant?” Blinkie added.

Pinkie nodded. “Of course! Since Faith is trapped in Laughter’s mind trap, and Cadence can access Faith’s mind, if she beams us into Faith’s mind, which we can then use to get into Twilight’s mind, where we will find Laughter! Easy peasy, lemon squeezey!”

"Pinkie, how do you suggest we go into Faith's brain?" Sue asked, her face scrunched up as she considered just how silly that statement was.

Cadence nodded, just as bewildered as the earth pony. "I am not even sure how I ended up in Faith's body, let alone how to bring the rest of you into it."

The pink mare giggled. "Oh, that is simple! I did all the figuring out while we were walking back here! First, I need every pony to form a line and bite down on the tail of the pony in front of you. Single file... that's it, Apple Bloom you grab onto Blinkie's tail... no, I need you to be at the end, dad!" Pinkie hurried over to Cadence and grinned, wiggling her tail for a confused Inkie to bite. "I wish I had been able to use my strawberry flavored shampoo, but this will just have to do, ok?" Before any of them could question why Pinkie would have shampoo that came in flavors, the pink pony reached over and grabbed Cadence's face. "Alright, now dad, I want you to focus all of your Pinkie Sense-"

"Sixth Sense," the stern stallion stated, correcting her.

"-on me, ok? And every other pony, I want you to just close your eyes and breathe... in and out, in and out. Just like you were trying to fall asleep." Pinkie grinned. "Cadence, think of about Faith's mind... try and pull something from it, ok? Something simple... something basic." The baker grinned. "Oooo! Try and find out how he keeps his flank so firm!"

"What are you-MMMPPPFFF!" Cadence's eyes went wide in shock, as Pinkie had grabbed her by the cheeks and pressed the biggest, wetting kiss to her lips. Her silver horn flared and Pinkie's body began to spasm, the twitchy twitches going right down the line from pony to pony, all the way to Clyde, who sent back his own. The Sixth Sense/Pinkie Sense feedback bounced against each other, doubling and redoubling as Cadence's horn glowed brighter and silver energy began to surround her.

And then, with a pop, all of them collapsed.

~MC~MC~MC~

"Blah!" Cadence exclaimed, sticking her tongue out. "Pinkie, what the heck was that!?! Why did you kiss me... and... and..." Cadence's thoughts trailed off as she stared at the others. "Who are you? Where is every pony?" She frowned, looking at the pitch-black landscape that stretched out for miles and miles before her.

Inkie groaned, rubbing her head. It felt like a wagon of rocks had been dropped on her. "Us? We aren't the ones that changed... you did!"

Cadence looked down, eyes tripling in size. "I'm... I'm me!" Her light pink wings flapped as Cadence spun about, inspecting herself. "I'm me!” She began to trot about, delighting in the fact that she was a mare again and not trapped in the silver abstract’s body. “I'm not Faith! How... how is this-?"

"Surprise!" Pinkie said, giggling to herself, clutching her white sides. The mare no longer lived up to her name, as she now resembled a white pegasus with a poofy yellow mane. “Weren’t expecting this, were ya?”

"Pinkie?" Sue said, taking a step towards the strange pegasus. "What did you-" Sue froze. "My voice..."

Pinkie grinned, reaching into the darkness that surrounded her and pulling out a mirror. "Look mom, you're young again!" The old mare gasped at her reflect: her normally tightly wrapped hair had darkened to a brilliant black that cascaded down her shoulders. The little worry wrinkles and the creases that had added 10 years to her face were gone, leaving her looking to all that saw her like a 25 year old mare ready to conquer the world.

"Sue..." Clyde whispered, stepping forward. Pinkie's father was also young again, much of the wear and tear that came from being a farmer wiped away, leaving him with only the hard, firm muscle that had made him the object of desire for so many mares. "Look at you..."

"My... my stars..." Granny Smith whispered, looking down at her smooth, strong legs before tossing her walker away. She clicked her jaw together before flashing every pony her teeth. "They're... they're real! My own teeth! I haven't had my chompers since that caramel apple incident 15 years back!"

"Wow..." Apple Bloom said, looking Granny in the eye. "Everything is smaller now..." the filly looked to the group as if she had been struck by the queens' age-progression spell, leaving her only a few years younger than Inkie and Blinkie (both of whom look the same, if only a bit taller and with fuller, poofier hair).

Pinkie landed, her wingers fluttered. "I knew it would work!" She trotted around, looking every pony over. "Yup yup yup, this worked out great!"

"Pinkie..." Clyde said, forcing himself to tear his eyes away from Sue; he felt like he had when they had first begun dating, full of bravado and desire... it was strange for the stallion that had grown to be stern and solemn to feel such things again. "What happened? Why do we look like this?"

The now-white pegasus landed. "Oh, that's simple! You see, I kissed Cadence when she wasn't expecting it, so it creatde a doozy! The doozy power went towards you, and you sent it back to me and the sisters amplified it. That created a connection between us. Because Cadence was focusing on Faith at that moment, the shock caused some accidently magic and BOOM!" Pinkie leapt in the air, throwing confetti. "We ended up in Faith's head!"

"And again, why do we look like this?" the now-adult Apple Bloom asked, a tad disappointed her cutie mark hadn't shown up.

"Oh, that's simple!" Pinkie exclaimed. "This is how we see ourselves! In your head you always see yourself in some way... for you, you are always thinking about growing up! For Granny Smith and my mom and dad, they remember when they were young! Cadence and the sisters are already at their perfect age, so they just had some cosmetic changes."

"And... you looking like that?" Clyde asked, still a bit disturbed that his daughter was suddenly a white pegasus with a blonde mane.

Pinkie looked down before shrugging. "Sometimes I like to imagine I look like this. Other times I look like this," Pinkie's form twisted into a cinnamon unicorn with icy blue hair and mismatched eyes. "Or even this!" Pinkie bounced up and down until she turned into a pink version of her mother. "All depends on my mood," Pinkie said gravely, before returning to her white pegasus form. "Besides, it will help everypony keep track of me and Laughter, so she can't pull a 'No, I'm Pinkie!' routine."

"...right," Granny Smith said. "Now then, how are we gonna beat Laughter?"

"That's easy!" Pinkie said. "We just need to find Faith!" She turned to Cadence. "Beam us up, Scotty!"

"O...kay?" Cadence said, getting the gist of what Pinkie was trying to tell her. She focused, but instead of seeing Faith's thoughts like she had come to expect, there was instead a blast of light as the world warped around them, the darkness twisting and churning away as the group suddenly found themselves in a clear meadow

"There... we should be all set!" Pinkie said. She paused, pursing her lips. "Though, now I can't help but think I forgot something..."


"DOUBT!" Faith roared, leaping to his hooves. He pushed Trixie behind him; wings spread wide and fury in his eyes.

“Is that… a baby?” Apple Bloom said in surprise, staring at the little bundle Trixie was guarding.

“DOUBT!” Faith bellowed again, sending a blast of energy at Cadence.

"Oh... right... he doesn't realize this isn't real," Pinkie stated as Faith lit up his horn, black and white magic swirled around him, lowering his head into attack position. “Or that Cadence is actually Cadence.”

Clyde looked down at himself, then back at Faith. “And we look nothing like we normally do.”

“This is going to hurt,” Cadence whispered as Faith pounced.

PreviousChapters Next