• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 15,413 Views, 3,324 Comments

The Abundance - defender2222



Sequel to Faith and Doubt. Twilight must save Equestria from her friends who've become alicorns

  • ...
80
 3,324
 15,413

PreviousChapters Next
Reunions

"Coming back is the thing that enables you to see how all the dots in your life are connected, how one decision leads you another, how one twist of fate, good or bad, brings you to a door that later takes you to another door, which aided by several detours--long hallways and unforeseen stairwells--eventually puts you in the place you are now.”

-Ann Patchett


“And you are sure that Iron Will will come and pick up us when you give the signal?”

“Yes, Twilight” Faith said calmly. He glanced up at the sky, watching the clouds hang overhead and wondering if the Abundance was up there. He knew it was silly to think that; he had told Iron Will and the Flim Flam brothers to keep the airship as far away from Sweet Apple Acres as possible and he and the rest of the group was heading right towards it. Will would follow his orders, knowing that it would do no good for the queens to realize that so many of them were heading towards the farm.

“It is strange, isn’t it?” Scootaloo said, trotting next to Rainbow Dash.

“What is, squirt?”

“The clouds not moving.”

Celestia sighed when Rainbow Dash didn’t answer. “All the pegasi have been scattered to the winds. The remaining queens will begin to take care of it, but it will be a while.”

The group fell into silence, none wanting to discuss just WHY the pegasi were scattered. The group that walked down the lane was a strange bunch: there were Faith, Honesty, and Scootaloo, three members of the Elements of Harmony (even if the last had only been part of it for less than a day). Rainbow Dash and Twilight, both made into alicorns because of the actions of abstracts. Spike the Dragon, who walked besides Clyde the rock farmer and his family (who were friends of the Apples and wanted to see the farm again… being away from the fields had made all of them antsy). Shining Armor, Sweetie Belle, and the Princesses were the last, though their presence had been argued; several of the group had worried about Honesty leading them into a trap and that it would be unwise for the princesses and Shining to come along. Celestia had merely raised an eyebrow at that… then sent a blast of magic out that had even Twilight’s knees shaking.

After that, no one questioned if the princesses could take care of themselves.

“And did you remember to check to see if we locked the ammo bay?’ Trixie asked. "I don't want Dinky getting in there... again."

“Yes.” Faith glanced over at Rainbow Dash, who was fighting back a snicker. “And just what exactly is making you giggle?”

“Never seen three ponies act like an old married couple before,” she said.

“We are not!” Faith, Twilight and Trixie all shouted at the same time.

Rainbow snorted, managing for only five seconds before losing the battle with her laughter. She fell to the ground, kicking her legs as she screamed with glee at the way Faith, Twilight and Trixie were all blushing and avoiding eye contact.

“Should have left her mind controlled,” Trixie muttered in annoyance.

“Or we could have left you on your airship, Captain,” Twilight grumbled.

“Yeah, because you were so cool and collected, Princess Sparkle,” Trixie shot back.

Faith glanced over at Luna, who was wearing the slightest of smirks. ‘What exactly did I do to deserve this?’ he projected into her head. When Luna merely smiled, Faith mentally rolled his eyes. ‘I never had this problem with Clockwork.’

‘Your old friend was a stallion, Faith,’ Luna thought back. Of all of them, she and Twilight were the ones most use to Faith darting into their heads; he’d lived in both of theirs for long enough. He could do it with the others, but they tended to... not like it.

Faith slowed down enough so he could trot next to Luna, leaving Twilight and Trixie to fire barbs at each other (and he hoped that was all they would fire). “Well, I never had this problem with you,” Faith retorted.

“You would have, if Celestia had felt the same way about you as I did.”

“I still don’t understand why they are- wait?” He turned towards Luna, who found it her turn to blush. “What do you-“

“If you had possessed a body…” she shrugged, “well, let us be thankful that you did not do to me what you did to Twilight.”

“Because…”

“Because I imagine Nightmare Moon would have been even more cranky if she were heavy with your foal.”

Faith stopped dead in his tracks, his face twisted into an absolutely expression of confusion. Luna merely smirked and cantered away.

“Little brother?” Honesty whispered, Shining and Clyde stopping next to the ramrod still silver abstract. “Are you ok?”

“I… I… why are mares so utterly confusing?”

Clyde merely sent him a cool look. “The world is going to hell and that is your focus?”

“The fact that mares are still causing us to go crazy is proof not everything has changed,” Shining pointed out. "I find it reassuring."

Honesty stared at his brother. “We never had this problem when we stated in our dimension.”

“Next time make sure Celestia writes my bloody name down,” Faith grunted.

~MC~MC~MC~

“No fair!”

Sweetie Belle winced. Even though she was technically an adult and Rarity had been ‘generous’ in making sure that her body was strengthened to make her a good guard, apparently that meant little when it came to the strength of a mad Apple.

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack shouted, trotting out of her house, Granny Smith and Big Mac close behind. “What are ya doin’?”

“Ain’t no fair, Applejack! Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle get to be all big and strong and I am stuck bein’ all small and-WHOA!” Apple Bloom spun in place, her bow nearly falling off as Applejack rushed past her. The filly blinked as she came to a stop, watching as Applejack tackled Twilight to the ground and gave her a hug.

“Twi, are you a sight for sore eyes!”

Twilight laughed. “Good to see you too, Applejack.”

The farmer got up, though it took a bit longer than it should have with her longer legs getting all tangled up and her feathers hitting her in the head. “I swear, this body ain’t worth the magic or the flyin’! I feel like I’m a teenager again and I just went through a growth spurt!” She whipped around, shooting Big Macintosh a glare. “And don’t ya even think that is a call for ya to go get that darn photo album and show them pictures of me!”

“Eeyup,” Macintosh drawled.

Granny Smith, however, had no such problem, pulling out a stack of photos from her mane (why they were there, no one knew). “Whata say, Applejack… ya want the princesses to see some baby pictures? Well, I can do that.” Before Celestia and Luna could protest, the old mare was pulling them aside to show them the pics. “Ya know, ya remind me of another white pony I met… she gave my daddy this farm and boy, were we ever grateful for that, why…”

“Applejack, come on!” Rainbow pleaded, having been dragged into the hug by the apple farmer.

“I’m just happy ta see ya, Dash!” Applejack’s mood darkened. “I thought about comin’ and savin’ the rest of ya, but Honesty there thought it would end badly…”

“He was right to think so,” Rainbow Dash stated. “Twilight broke me out of Loyalty’s hold but we got lucky… he could have killed you or brainwashed you…”

“But he’s gone now?” Applejack asked.

Twilight nodded. “Faith… Faith killed him."

"Good," Applejack said, surprising Twilight. "Nothin' against Faith and Honesty... but the rest of them abstracts need to be buried."

"Well, he is dead now," Rainbow stated. "That’s why Scootaloo is all metal-like.”

“I was wonderin’ ‘bout that. Apple Bloom ain’t gonna be happy.” When her friends gave her a confused look Applejack rubbed the back of her head. “I forget than none of ya’ll have a little one that is always wanting to grow up too fast.”

Twilight glanced over at Spike, who was chatting with Clyde and his wife and daughters. “No… I get it… shouldn’t be surprised with Apple Bloom… seems like she has always wanted to grow up faster than she should. Must be a blow that her friends actually got to do it.”

“They’ll straighten the kid out,” Dash said, remembering well the tears Sweetie and Scootaloo had shed the night before. “So… how is it that I suck at getting abstracts?”

“Huh?” Twilight and Applejack both said.

Rainbow gestured at Honesty. “I mean, Loyalty was a nut and yeah, he looked pretty strong but his mane looked so greasy Mrs. Cake could have used it on her cake pans. But Honesty? Sure, he looked a little bit like your brother, which is creepy, but other than that he is about perfect for ya, AJ. And Twilight… Faith is…”

“Yummy,” Applejack commented, nodding in agreement and giving the gray alicorn a once over.

“Hmmm,” Twilight murmured, watching Trixie as she chatted with Clyde's wife. The showmare had been trying really hard since Faith’s breakdown to not be so snooty to everypony and for the most part Twilight had to admit that Trixie was doing a good job (for all the last 12 hours, which considering Trixie was a miracle). Yes, she was doing well... except when it came to any mare that glanced at Faith for more than five seconds. Spitfire had been screamed at, Derpy got the cold shoulder... so on and so forth. Seemed to Twilight that Trixie was overprotective of the silver alicorn… not that Twilight could blame her, since she herself was resisting the same urges.

“I am telling you, brother, something is wrong,” Faith muttered out of the corner of his mouth.

“And what is that?” Honesty asked, looking at the farmhouse fondly. The last month spent there was the greatest of his life and the red abstract wondered if, when all was said and done and Equestria was safe, he could build a little home of his own and try his hoof at farming. It was hard labor but one that didn’t involve lies or cheating to get by. You made do with what you put in. He smiled, secretly hoping he could convince Faith to come with him… and maybe their sisters, if they could save them. It was time for them to be a family again and make up for a 1000 years of mistakes.

Faith looked around, feeling like a caged animal. “Everypony is looking at me.”

“Of course they are,” Honesty stated. “You kinda stand out. I'm getting looked at too."

“Not like that. I mean the mares… they are all… you know…”

“What?” Honesty asked.

Shining trotted over, wearing a smirk. “They making love to you with their eyes.” Honesty and Faith’s eyes tripled in size. “I find it so cute that the all powerful beings are so naive.”

“You have to be wrong,” Honesty said.

“Do I look like I am lying?” Shining shot back. Honesty had the decency to look abashed. “I am engaged to the alicorn of love… Cadence’s powers have a side affect, they cause ponies to be drawn to her. Most of the time she can control it but I remember a few times when she was stressed and her powers flared up… had to fight off some very enamored stallions.”

“I might remind you that my power is in belief, not love,” Faith stated, catching Blinkie Pie’s eye. He smiled and she fluttered her lashes at him, causing him to quickly look away, lest Clyde decide to beat him. “Why would they all be lusting after me?”

“Seriously?” Shining asked. “You are tall, dark, mysterious, and powerful. Also, over half the mares here are immortal. There are right now two alicorns in the word: you and your brother. That makes you something rare... something they all want.”

“Then they can lust after you, Honesty!” Faith exclaimed. "it is creeping me out."

Honesty shook his head, the three stallions heading forward when Big Mac gave the call for them all to head inside for lunch. “No thank you, brother. The mares are all yours.”

“Bloody wanker,” Faith grumbled as he trotted up the steps. “Bad enough I have Trixie and Twilight and our… relationships… I don’t need any more mares-“

“You don’t?”

Everyone stopped dead in their tracks. The kitchen of the Apple Family house had stretched and elongated till it was nearly the size of Canterlot’s throne room. A large table was laid out with all sorts of treats and cakes and goodies. The walls were now orange and yellow, with different apple prints appearing on them… only said apples were depicted bucking trees filled with ponies. The chairs ranged from folding chairs to Celestia’s own throne, and the table cloth looked to be Twilight’s bedspread expanded to nearly 20 yards in length. High above them were floating candles and the ceiling was painted to look like the night sky… it even had moving shooting stars.

Rainbow leapt away when she saw Gummy bouncing by on a balloon shaped like Applejack’s head. She was having a VERY nasty case of déjà vu…

Seated at the table was a strange collection of ponies. First there was a large, stone pony wearing a hardhat looked at them with a frown. Then there was a purple pony with a green, leafy mane and a turnip for a cutie mark. Across the table was a pony made of gray fluff, wearing grand, if mismatched, armor. Next to him was a pegasus mare that was as white as snow, laughing daintily every time bits of her crumbling away. But all their attention was focused on the head of the table… where a particular alicorn was seated.

“But I set up a tea party just for all of you!” Pinkie Pie said. She was wearing a purple tux and had on a huge purple top hat on the very top of her overly poofy pink hair. She batted her eyes before leaning forward. “You are late for tea, Alice, and that will not be good at all.”

All the doors and windows disappeared, leaving them trapped in the dining room.

“Have… a… seat.”

“Oh… one of Twilight’s evil friends,” Trixie said dryly, “that’s new.”

PreviousChapters Next