• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 9,218 Views, 449 Comments

Project Ascension - TheMyth



Scootaloo has a big problem, and it's not what you'd expect.

  • ...
22
 449
 9,218

Chapter 9

As she sat with Scootaloo in the cold cell, Fluttershy did everything in her power to put the filly’s mind at ease. She held onto her and started humming a lullaby to Scootaloo, which had instantaneous results as she was able to calm herself down. Scootaloo furled her wings slightly as Fluttershy let go of her and she looked up to the caring pegasus’s face.

“Fluttershy?”

“Yes, Scootaloo?” Fluttershy replied to the weakened voice of Scootaloo as she lowered her head to hear the words properly.

“D-do you think Rainbow will be okay?” she asked feebly as her throat was burning slightly.

Fluttershy fidgeted slightly at this innocent question, for she honestly did not know. She knew however that she had to install hope into the filly, even if it was a slim chance. “Scootaloo, there’s one thing you must know of Rainbow Dash by now...”

Scootaloo turned her head sideways, confused by the statement Fluttershy gave her. She thought she knew everything there was to know about Rainbow Dash, but even in situations like these, a pony learns more of another in surprising ways.

“What's that?”

Fluttershy smiled broadly at the filly, “She never gives up on those she loves.”

Scootaloo stared in awe at the words spoken by the shy pegasus. The ones she loves... love... she loves me? Scootaloo wondered and the more she remembered her idol crying over her and comforting her, the more she was convinced that she indeed care for her. Regret however slowly started to creep in, as she also remembered the hateful words she spat out to her. Scootaloo looked down in shame as more memories flooded her mind.

“Scootaloo? What’s wrong?”

Scootaloo sniffed as she continued to look down, “I-I failed her... I said all those mean words to her... I thought she was just giving me up... but I-”

“Scootaloo!”

As soon as she heard her name being shouted at her in a scolding tone, her head flew upwards to see Fluttershy’s face looking down on her with a frown. “Scootaloo,” she said again in her kind demeanor, as she reached the filly and held her close with her wings covering the little body she was embracing. “You haven’t failed her at all. We failed you for not believing you when you needed us the most.”

“But I-” Scootaloo tried to push herself away but was stopped as she saw Fluttershy give her a short version of the ‘The Stare’, which made her go numb as all will to escape the embrace of the cream pegasus left her.

“No ‘buts’, young lady!” she said as she continued her stare, which slowly melted seeing the filly obliging to her. Fluttershy held her closer than ever before.

“Now listen to me, Scootaloo. the moment when you were gone... I have never seen Rainbow Dash look so sad in my life, and the moment she realized you were telling us the truth, she was crying her lungs out because of what happened. I have never seen her cry so much in my life... but that alone showed me how much you mean to her... and how much you mean to all of us,” Fluttershy whispered to her as tears were slowly making her way down to her cheek, “And... I speak for everypony that is out there looking for you... I am so sorry.”

Scootaloo was starting to tear up as she felt her head being wetted by Fluttershy’s tears. She tried to restrain her tears, but as she felt more tears land on her tiny head her body began to quake as she sobbed into Fluttershy’s chest.

“When we get out of here, and we will, Rainbow Dash is going to sign the papers to adopt you. She’ll take care of you just like you deserve. You’ll have a family.” Fluttershy spoke softly to Scootaloo as she stroked her hair softly with her hoof.

Scootaloo lifted her head to meet the caring blue tear stained eyes of Fluttershy, “...R...really?”

“I know so,” the elder pegasi said, kissing her head. “Rainbow Dash will be back any minute.”


Rainbow Dash hit the wall as another bolt struck her. She suddenly realized just how bad a situation she was in. In a cramped hallway like this, her wings had limited maneuverability, but Yellow had all the space she needed to fry her opponent.

Still, the athletic pegasus was nothing if not persistent, and she flew up and over the other pegasus and down the hall. Yellow followed, laughing. “Oh, come on, Rainbow, what do you hope to accomplish? Even if you do get away from me, you’re going to alert at least one of my friends.”

Rainbow slowed to a halt, moving only to dodge another lightning blast. “You’re right,” the cyan mare said, turning around. “I guess I’ll just have to kill you here.”

Yellow chuckled as if her opponent had just told a semi-amusing joke. “Cute...” she muttered, the air crackling around her. “Well, let’s see what you...”

She was cut off by Rainbow Dash slamming into her at high speeds, sending her into a brick wall. Dazed, she began rising to her hooves, only to be struck again. Rainbow kept striking her with her front hooves, moving at an impressive speed.

Keep it up... move too fast for her to activate her...

It didn’t take long for her hopes to be dashed as Yellow lit up, shocking her. She then threw a charged punch, knocking Rainbow Dash to the ground.

“Now, why don’t we get to the heart of the problem?” she laughed, pressing her hoof on Rainbow Dash’s chest, lighting up her powers.

The cyan mare screamed, twitching and moaning. As her vision was beginning to fade, she could hear the sick laughter of Yellow resounding in her ears, but her concerns lay with Scootaloo and Fluttershy. Though before she could even lift a hoof, she felt her face being punched hard by Yellow and she fell unconscious.

“Light’s out, colors,” she sneered at the fallen Rainbow, lifting her hoof from her face and checking the corridors. Letting out a sigh, she began to move onwards before her head snapped as she heard a sharp yelp. She looked behind her and only saw the corridor leading to Scootaloo’s cell. “She must have brought her friends along... oh well,” she shrugged casually as she trotted past the fallen Rainbow. “More for me.”

When she reached Scootaloo’s cell, she noticed it was open and she immediately took action as she entered the cell. She looked all around her and saw only the filly lying on her side facing her away. “Why the hay is your cell open, huh?!” she shouted at Scootaloo, who just turned slowly to her side and looked at her with a grumpy frown.

“Will you be quiet? I’m trying to sleep!”

“Sleep huh?” she marched forward to Scootaloo and pulled her head up by her mane. Scootaloo let out a yelp as she felt more pain originating from her head as she clenched her teeth hard from this experience. “You’ll get more than enough sleep when you’re dead,” she snarked at Scootaloo, who was winching from the pain. “Now tell me, who came into your cell, you little pussy?!”

As Scootaloo opened her eyes, she saw Fluttershy tip-hoofing to the outside of the cell. “That red pegasus came in here earlier, go annoy him if you want!”

“What? Red?” she asked Scootaloo who huffed and nodded. What the hay is he up to? As she let go of Scootaloo, she slowly turned around to face the door.

“You wanna know a secret?”

Yellow immediately perked up as Scootaloo said those words, and she turned back to give her her fullest attention. This was enough time needed for Fluttershy to escape, and Scootaloo let out a soft sigh, only audible for her ears.

“Well, what’s the secret? Spit it out!”

Scootaloo snickered as she grinned at Yellow’s face, “You’re a fat ugly cow, that’s what!” she told her as she spat in her eye with Yellow flinching slightly as she backed away from the bed.

“Why you little-!”

A clanging sound was heard from outside the cell, followed by yet another yelp. Yellow looked back at Scootaloo, staring daggers at the filly.

“When this is over, so are you!”

With that, Yellow flew out of the cell, making sure to close it. Glancing around, she muttered, “Where are you...”

Fluttershy pressed herself against the ceiling, praying Yellow wouldn’t look up. She trembled, sweating heavily.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are~” she purred in every direction, hoping to hear something.

“Oh, real original!” Scootaloo mocked from her cell.

“You shut your mouth, bitch, or I’m going to come in there and knock those damn teeth out!” Yellow barked at her as she gazed back to the cell.

Fluttershy flew off as Yellow was distracted looking at the door. She got three feet before she got struck in the back by a bolt of lightning. Crying, she hit the ground as Yellow stood over her.

“Well, well, looks like I’m two for tw...”

At that point, she was hit in the side by a very angry Rainbow Dash. ”Fluttershy, run!” she yelled.

The yellow pegasus didn’t need a second bidding. She flew off, trying desperately to remember the way out.

Yellow screeched, punching wildly at Rainbow Dash. “You little bitch!”

“Little?” Rainbow said mockingly, flying up. Still, her body wavered, she clearly wasn’t in any mood to continue. Yellow shiftly bucked her in the face, knocking her out and she fell to the ground, limping from the electricity coursing through the fallen pegasus’s body.

Yellow smirked triumphantly and with a lightning speed, she was off to catch Fluttershy.


The castle grounds were in anarchy with the arrival of a wounded Captain of the Guard, his younger sister and her companions. The guards were well known for keeping their stoic features in check, but even seeing their own captain hurt like he was, was enough to make them release a slight gasp of shock from the state of him.

One of the guards came running towards Shining, hastily saluting his superior. “Sir! What in sweet Equestria happened?!” he asked his commanding officer, as Shining let out a groan and rubbed his rib cage soothingly.

Shining sighed as he looked behind him to see his sister, who was also slightly hurt from the fight beforehand. He had to give her credit for coming out of a match like that with only a few scratches. He thought to himself if she were to join the guard one day, she would outrank her brother in a matter of months. “We’ve been attacked by a hostile just by the Southern Entrance. Lieutenant, I want you to take four squads and allocate them to each of the entrances of Canterlot. Nopony for the next twenty four hours is to set foot in or outside this city. Then, I want you to get together a fifth to accompany me and the Element Bearers to wherever this force is hiding.”

“Sir!”

With that, the lieutenant and four other squadrons of pegasi flew off to the posts they were just given by their superior. “Corporal!” Shining called out to another guard on standby, “Send word to the princesses we are dealing with ponies with unnatural magical abilities, enough power to rival the Elements and the Guard.”

“Sir!” the corporal saluted as he shouted to his captain and ran off to the royal courtroom where Princess Celestia was located.

Twilight, limping slightly from the pain she was experiencing, walked up to her brother and looked at him with worried eyes. “You think that will be enough to stop them?” she asked her brother, who turned at her with concerned eyes of his own.

Shining shook his head, “I honestly don’t know, Twily, this isn’t like some changeling or diamond dog assault we withstood before. This is something way beyond even me,” he answered her truthfully as he could.

“But what if-woah!” Twilight wobbled a bit in place as she was becoming slightly dizzy from the overuse of magic. Spike quickly ran towards her, holding her in place as she regain her sense of balance. She smiled demurely at her boy, who she nuzzled in gratitude. “Thank you, Spike.”

Spike smiled at his mother and crossed his arms behind his head, “Anytime, Mom,” he answered her with a slightly smug smile which soon turned to a frown. “You still have that spell to locate Rainbow? Maybe she found Scootaloo already!”

Twilight nodded as she looked down on her son, “I do, but we don’t want to move in until we get some back-up. White was powerful enough to take us all on, I can’t imagine what the others are like. And anyways, you’re not coming with us. You’re staying in the castle.”

“But...”

“In. The. Castle. I mean it.” Twilight ordered him with her commanding voice, and he was fidgeting his tail as he nodded and looked up shyly at his mother’s face which soon turned caring as she planted a kiss on his forehead.

Applejack and Rarity in turn, told their younger sisters to go in with Spike too. “But sis what if-” Apple Bloom argued, but was immediately silent when her sister gave her glaring look.

“None of tha’ now little lady! We’ll take it from ‘ere.” she said to Apple Bloom as she ruffled her hair to cheer her up.

“Sweetie, do go with Apple Bloom and Spike too because-”

“I know. Jeez!”, Sweetie just rolled her eyes as both she, Apple Bloom and Spike made their way into the castle.

“I’ll have some guards watching him,” Shining commented.

“You’re gonna watch Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle too, ain’t ya?” Applejack asked. “They can be a bit of a handful, but...”

“Relax, we’ve got it.” a guard answered her gruffly as he trotted past a dejected looking Applejack, who just tilted her hat upwards as she glared at the guard.

“Darling, I must ask: how do you intend we handle the rest? If they’re all as powerful as that brute...”

“We’ll just have to get clever,” the purple unicorn nodded. “Red and Yellow attacked with Fire and Lightning, we need to find a way to turn those elements against them in our rematch. We need to assume that Black and Blue have powers as well, and there’s no telling what Bloodwing’s done to himself...”

“...So, for fire, we use water, right?” Pinkie chimed in. “Oh! I’ll load my party cannon with water balloons!”

“...No, I have a better idea for Red, and one for Yellow. We’ll need to think about what kind of powers the others have, but we can guess they’re elemental like the others...”

“We have another problem,” Shining cut in, “we still don’t know where Bloodwing is, or if Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy got there.”

“I can still sense Rainbow, so she must be okay. I’m sure the two are on their way back here right now.”


“I want to go home!" Fluttershy cried, flying as fast as she could. She could see daylight, she was almost out!

“Aw, come on, I just want to talk,” she could hear Yellow shouting from down the corridor. This only caused the nature loving pegasus to fly even faster.

Finally, she was at the entrance. She barely noticed when she exited, only changing flight paths to fly straight into the air. Her legs hit the top of the adjacent building, causing her to stumble a bit, but she regained herself. She flew to the castle. She had a mission.

Yellow just stopped at the entranceway, assessing the situation. “Oh, Luna damn it...” Yellow cursed her rotten luck, but she had to silence the mare before they could find out what their plans were. Steadying herself in position, she lifted her wings and lightning shot out from them, cracking the ground as the lightning struck it. She then flew to the castle grounds at lightning speed, determined to catch her prey.

Fluttershy turned around to see the menacing presence of Yellow coming at her fast and she gasped as she flew faster towards the castle grounds. She did not dare turn her back in fear of being captured by the yellow streak of lightning that was approaching her fast. She willed all of her power into her wings and flew faster than she ever had done in her life, determined to make it to her friends alive. She looked down and saw her friends at the castle grounds and sighed in happiness as she dive bombed towards them. Though when she did, she could hear the crackling of lightning behind her and heard the taunting laughter of her chaser.

“I got you now, little birdy!”

Fluttershy ignored this and still flew done to the ground below her where her friends were at. She inhaled a sum of oxygen in her and let out a scream so loud, everypony in Canterlot turned to the source of the noise.

Twilight’s head jerked up and saw Fluttershy coming towards them fast, “Fluttershy! Slow down!”

Pinkie squinted her eyes for a clearer view, “Bad idea, Twilight. She’s got a bad pony chasing her!” Pinkie yelled as she pointed her hooves to Yellow right behind Fluttershy.

Shining Armor, despite his injuries, ran up towards Twilight and conjured up a shield spell large enough for everypony in the ground to be enveloped by it. Twilight was shocked by her brother’s move, “Shining! What are you doing?! Fluttershy’s still!-”

“Twily, trust me on this one, okay!”

As he said those, Fluttershy was near contact with the shield and her face turned to terror just before she was about to crash into it. Shining, however, made a small opening for her and she flew right into the shield and with a mighty flap of her wings, she landed on the ground hard with the other mares rushing towards her. Yellow however, met the full force of the shield but with added electricity from her wings she cracked the shield and landed roughly on the ground, where a number of guards were encircling her like sharks to a blood source in the water.

“You are under arrest by order of...”

Shining didn’t get a chance to finish that statement, because at that moment a large surge of electricity surged, throwing the guards away. Standing, Yellow threw her hooves against the shield like a madpony, desperately trying to break it down. Shining strained, but the barrier didn’t waver.

Finally she stopped and thought. She was spent for energy and not likely to win a direct confrontation. Probably best to cut her losses now.

“I’ll be back,” she promised, taking to the sky.

“Guards, follow her!” Shining commanded, dropping the shield, “Catch her, I don’t care...”

At that point Twilight calmly shot a blast of magic straight at Yellow. Its aim was true, and the pegasus went rigid, falling to the ground. She didn’t move or jostle, she was as hard as a statue.

“That will keep her petrified for now,” Twilight explained.

There was silence for a moment. “Twilight, darling...” Rarity began, “why didn’t you use that on White?”

“He was moving way too fast. Besides, it takes a lot of magic, and no telling what else could go wrong if I had missed. Do you have anything in the dungeon capable of holding her?”

“We’ll find out,” Shining nodded. “Guards, take her away, I’ll be down to interrogate her shortly.”


Bloodwing rubbed the top of his head with his hoof. “So the Element of Kindness got away, and Yellow just chased after her?”

“That is the case, sir,” Blue said calmly. “Black locked up Loyalty, so we at least have her.”

“Oh goodie,” Bloodwing said sarcastically, “we have one of them. They got one of us, now possibly two of us if Yellow isn’t careful.”

“Should I send Red out after her?”

Bloodwing was silent for a moment, as he tapped his hoof to his chin in thought. “...No. You go yourself. I’m starting to doubt Red’s loyalty to our project.”

Blue nodded. “Very well, I’ll have her back soon.”

“You best. Something tells me we’re going to have to step our plans up.”

“It shall be done.” Blue answered as he bowed before Bloodwing and ran outside the building. Bloodwing turned his attention to Black, who was standing behind him with a triumphant smug look on his face.

“Now then, where did you put Loyalty if I may ask Black?” he questioned Black, as he sauntered over to him.

Black just shrugged as he closed his eyes, “I just placed her in with our other guest. Thinking he may be lonely and some company would cheer him up.” he answered Bloodwing, who smiled wickedly at his subordinate.

“Good...” he said in a hush tone as he trotted away, “This could be useful to me in an experiment.” he told himself as he rubbed his hooves together in glee. “I think you deserve a reward~” he cooed at Black as he held a syringe in his hoof.

Black’s smiled widened as he saw it, and like a little dog to a treat, he got exceptionally excited over it. “Is that what I think it is, sir!?”

“Oh yes!” Bloodwing answered him as he approached Black, and with a swift movement from his hoof, he pierced the black pony with the syringe and injected him with whatever was inside it. Black started shaking in place with him crouching to the ground and yelling out in ecstasy. His forehead started to bleed out as a cone shaped bone shot out from it. Black was laughing like a madpony as he felt his back being ripped open with wings coming out of it. When it was finally over, Black stood there in a pool of blood as he was giving off an evil grin formed on his muzzle. “How do you feel?”

Black turned to Bloodwing and snickered, “Like a royal on crack!”

Meanwhile, Red was standing outside the room and heard everything transpire inside. He let out a sigh and reached for what appeared to be a key on his body. With a flick of his hoof, he held the key close to his chest. He let out a sigh as he looked down glumly to the floor before looking up with determined eyes.

“Oh well, gotta do it before it’s too late.” he mused to himself as he trotted off to a corridor. With each step he took, it felt like the world was vibrating in favor against him. Like a petty house thief, he looked behind him all the time to make sure he was not being followed. Once he reached to a cell door, he opened it carefully, popping his head inside before his entire body followed afterwards.

Author's Note:

I like this time to thank a few people for this story and past stories:
Darth Link 22 (Being my writing partner and friend)
Vozzlefox (For being my editor and my teacher in writing, without I would never have been able to write... ever and for being a very good friend)
Amras Felagund (For helping edit this story and others that me and Darthlink 22 have been working on together... huge thanks to him)
ezio dementay (For being a good friend, you inspire the uninspired like I was)
Racko, Arby Works and Cold Spike (For being fellow Spike fans and awesome friends)
And to you the reader and fans... I say this to you all... thank you