• Published 5th Jan 2012
  • 5,500 Views, 117 Comments

Destined for Chaos - ChaosknightRB



Chase has a strange dream about Discord and is brought into Equestria.

  • ...
16
 117
 5,500

The Chaos Begins

The Chaos Begins

Chase shook his head as his vision returned to him. This has been happening a lot lately. Looking down, he could see his hands. Hands? Alright! Hey wait, what's that? Chase looked at the back of his right hand. A strange black symbol had appeared, looking much like a pair of crossed blades. Well this is new.

"Discord!?" Twilight yelled out is surprise. Chase saw that the throne before him no longer had the princess he knew, but an unusual being he had met once before. The creature sat there, with a triumphant look on his face. He completely ignored Twilight who appeared to be in a state of shock, fixing his gaze solely on Chase. Chase could hear the sound of the guards attempting to open the door behind them.

"Well now, " Discord began. "it looks the last one has finally entered the game." Snapping his fingers, there was a brief flash of light as he appeared beside Chase. He lifted Chases hand and inspected it for a moment. What the hell is he doing? "Oh, you got a fun one. Not my personal favorite, but an interesting one to say the least." He snapped his fingers again, returning to his seat on the throne.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Chase said in a frustrated tone. "First I get turned to a pony for a day, then as I get turned back I have this crazy fire eyed demon thing tell me I'm stuck here. Now to top it all off I have some Mr. Potato head of animals telling me I'm in some stupid game? Why can't I just go home?"

Discord gave a small laugh in response. "You really don't know yet do you? That just makes this all the more fun. What's a game without a little bit of mystery after all."

A wave of anger swept over Chase as his attitude grew more serious. "What if I don't want to play your stupid game?" Chase took a step towards him. "What if I just want to come up there and smack you around until I get to leave?"

Discord gave him a devious smile. "Because, you're already playing." He pointed down towards Chase. Looking down, he saw the mark on his hand had begun to glow red. "You may be the last to start, but you already show so much promise."

I should really calm down. This guy is just trying to get under my skin. Chase tried to calm himself, but he just couldn't. The mark grew brighter with each passing moment.

"Now then, as for the game I suppose I should tell you something to get you started, but I'm going to tell you my way. So listen closely." his wicked grin grew larger. "From countless worlds the battle unfolds, revealing chaos in its purest forms. Find your place among them an-" his words were suddenly cut off someone yelling behind them.

"That's it! The door comes down!" The wooden door suddenly exploded in a hail of splinters across the room. Standing in the doorway were a dozen royal guards, and another pony who easily stood out. Nearly a foot taller than the bulky guards around her, a dark blue alicorn stood there as a blue aura faded from her horn. Her mane had a translucent texture in appearance and seemed to sparkle like the night sky. She wore a pitch black breastplate that bore a white crescent moon. And does she ever look pissed. The alicorn and the guards rushed forward into the room and expertly filled the space between Chase and Discord. "Discord!" the alicorn called out. "Surrender and release our sister this instant!" The guards each pointed their spears at the draconequus while the alicorn took a battle ready stance.

Discord sighed. "Why if it isn't Celly's little sister. Did you really have to interrupt us Luna? Chase and I were just getting to the good stuff."

She huffed in response. "If thou shall not release our sister, then you will have to fight us." A swirl of magical energy began to fill around her horn. A burst of black lightning shot out and Discord disappeared from his spot. The throne was blown to pieces as chunks of gold flew everywhere.

"You know, normally I'm not one to get into a fight," Luna and her guards looked up to see Discord hovering in the air above them. "But today's a special day, so I'll have a bit of fun with you."

"Stay back, we will deal with this one." Luna took off with a might beat of her wings as she eyed Discord who was merely grinning from ear to ear. "We shall take this battle elsewhere Discord, there is no reason to involve others."

"Fine, let's just hurry this up. I wouldn't want to miss the show." Discord snapped his fingers and the two suddenly disappeared from their sight altogether.

The land around them was already a desolate wasteland. The land was covered in jagged rocks as they hovered above the wastes below. The sky was filled with dark clouds that rang out in thunderous cries. Surrounded by mountains that made a natural arena, the two glared into each others eyes. Each sizing the other up.

"Now doesn't this bring back old memories." Discord grinned. "A shame your sister isn't here as well. It would be just like old times."

Luna knew this area well. This is where their battle with Discord took place over a thousand years ago. It was here that Discord was trapped in stone after a battle of cataclysmic proportions took place. She recalled what the land looked like before the battle. It was a small town, the one he proclaimed 'Capitol of Chaos.' This is where everything began, and she was determined to end it here again.

"Discord," Luna bellowed in her royal Canterlot voice. "We will give thee one last chance of surrender. We suggest thou take it."

Discord burst out into laughter. "And why would I want to do that? If I recall correctly, it took you and your sister just to seal me away. Even that took the elements of harmony," he smiled as the air around him began to slowly distort. "which you no longer have."

Luna could feel an immense amount of energy coming from him, it was as though reality itself was beginning to twist and turn. She did not back down, not in the slightest. Her entire body became engulfed in an aura of dark energy as she began to slowly build up for an attack. "Prepare thyself Discord, we will show no mercy." her voice rang out causing the very earth below them to shake.

Discord laughed lightly. "Time for round two..."

In the castle throne room, the guards were left alone with Chase and Twilight now that Luna had left for a personal duel. A strange feeling began to fill the air around them. One of the guards noticed that shadows seemed to be flickering and moving on their own as the taste of blood and bile began to fill his mouth. He turned to see Twilight was still stunned in fear. Not because of Discord however, but because of something before her. Chase's body was now immersed in a black smoke. The mark on his hand shone brightly as he seemed to levitate off the ground slightly. His left eye was glowing red and seemed to be the source of this black smoke as it streamed out. The guard, with years of the best training that could be found in all of Equestria, dropped his spear at the sight of him. Chase's very presence filled him with fear as he became a mumbling wreck.

"I..." Chase's voice was distorted, twisted in a way the seemed to echo after itself. "I will destroy it. I will destroy everything." Chase made eyed the guards and they looked in shock. "But first," he smiled. A portion of the smoke began to take a solid shape. In each hand appeared a sword of incredible size. Each were easily as large as one of the royal guards. "I'm going to kill you."