• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 1,592 Views, 45 Comments

Not What It Seems - Silver Hoof



Pinkie discovers a secret about the world, and about Princess Luna.

  • ...
4
 45
 1,592

That's Strange...

The pink party mare sat at the pristine, polished marble counter, observing her tiny, tasty treats. She counted them all mentally as she put them into the carrying case. One, two, three, some cupcakes for me, four, five, six, I made these for kicks, seven, eight, nine, these will taste divine, ten, and eleven, these cupcakes will send you... to... heaven? The confectioner scratched her head. No, that won't do. I already used a heavenly rhyme. Wait a moment. Eleven? I could have sworn that I made twelve. Now where did that other cupcake go? Pinkie searched the counter, she searched the entire kitchen, both high and low, both left and right, and even through the fourth wall, but to no avail. Sighing in defeat, Pinkie went back to the counter only to discover the treat was in the box the whole time. "Huh?" She cried. "How did that get in there?" Pinkie Pie shrugged. "Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter." She picked up the box and threw it into her saddlebag. At that moment, Mr. Cake trotted into the room.

"Oh, hi Pinkie. Whatcha got there?" He asked.

"It's just a box of cupcakes for me and my friends. You see, Apple Bloom finally got her Cutie Mark, and me and the girls are going to celebrate with a cupcake party! It's gonna be so super-spectacular, awesome, amazingly super-duper, fun and-" Mr. Cake seemed to twitch. "Um, are you okay?"

"Oh, hi Pinkie. Whatcha got there?" He repeated.

"Um... Mr. Cake, I just told you."

"No you didn't. I think that I would remember an explanation from you, Pinkie." He said.

"Okay...." Wow. This is just... weird. The pink-maned pony thought. She explained everything to the confused Cake once again, and then she trotted out of Sugar Cube Corner to go meet her friends. Trotting through the town of Ponyville, Pinkie occasionally said hello to the ponies she knew. Octavia and Vinyl Scratch were having a musical contest, just a bit of friendly competition really. Pinkie knew that they were secretly the best of friends, and possibly even more than that. She giggled at both of their confident smiles. They were the best of the best in their respective genres, and together, the music was entrancing and enticing. And sitting on a bench over by one of the markets was Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon. They were giggling and staring into each others eyes. Pinkie smiled, noting how perfect everything was in Equestria. Spike had recently stopped chasing Rarity, and she saw him trailing after Sweetie Belle. The two of them ran in circles around the fountain in the center of the town. And right over there, by the Carousel Boutique, the TARDIS appeared , and out stepped the Doctor and Derpy. The yellow-eyed mare was leaning on the Time Lord pony, whispering something into his ear, and he chuckled. Things couldn't possibly better in the wide, wide world of Equestria. She thought with a grin. And then she saw something strange. As she trotted past Lyra and Bon Bon, the two ponies seemed to be transparent. It couldn't be. Pinkie did a double take. "Phew!" She sighed in relief. The lovers were just as solid as ever.

The party mare pushed on through the town of Ponyville, making her way to Sweet Apple Acres, which was where the party was being held for Apple Bloom. She started to bounce, bubbling with anticipation of the fiesta that was soon to come. "Oh, this is going to be a blast!" The pink mare shouted. As she bounded her way through the entrance of the Apple Family Farm, she was greeted with a group hug from all of her friends.

"What took ya so long?" Applejack cried.

"I was making these." Pinkie said, pulling the purple box of delectable treats out of her saddlebag. She lifted the lid to reveal the heavenly delights to her friends.

"Oh, Pinkie!" Twilight gasped. "Those look amazing!"

"Well, they should! I mean, I spent all day making them!" The confectioner was obviously proud of her work.

"Well, dear, anything made by your hooves will taste simply divine! I just know it!" Said Rarity.

Tears of joy found their way into Pinkie's eyes. "Aww! Thank you!" Suddenly, a pair of butter-cream colored hooves wrapped around her neck.

Fluttershy whispered something to her, probably the same thing that Derpy had whispered to the Doctor, for it brought the same kind of chuckle from Pinkie's lips. They had been marefriends for a couple months now, and Pinkie loved her Flutters dearly. She couldn't imagine a life without her, or any of her friends at that. They all meant so much to her. Pinkie looked at her friends. "You girls didn't start the party without me, did you?" She asked, her tone very serious.

Rainbow Dash laughed. "Of course not Pinks!" She said. "How could it even be called a party without you?" Pinkie giggled.

"You're right Dashie! How could it be called a party without me?" She launched ten feet into the air off of pure joy alone before continuing. "Let's go!" On the pink mare's command, they all dashed for the barn where the guest of honor waited with her friends, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Spike. Pinkie Pie practically buck-kicked the door open and cheered. "Let's get this party started!" As if on cue, Vinyl Scratch and Octavia were by her side with their respective instruments of musical creation.

"What's the occasion?" Vinyl asked.

"Yes, do tell us." Octy added.

Pinkie was brimming with excitement. "Little Apple Bloom finally got her Cutie Mark!" She squealed.

"That is reason to celebrate!" The DJ exclaimed.

"I concur." Tavi agreed.

"Ah'm not little!" The filly for whom this party was for cried.

"Oh!" Pinkie gasped. "Of course you aren't! You're a big mare now that you have your Cutie Mark."

"Yep!" Apple Bloom said. "An' do ya know what it represents?" The pink pony observed the symbol of a clockwork gear underneath a hammer and nail.

"Is it......." Pinkie pondered. "Oh, I know! It's tools! Tools and construction!"

"That's right!" Apple Bloom cried. "So when's this party gonna start anyway?"

Pinkie Pie looked at everypony. "Right.......... Now!"