• ...
11
 303
 5,077

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

At the Gala

It was nightfall at the city of Canterlot, and the same night for the Grand Galloping Gala. Many carriages arrived and unveiled several ponies of high-class as they strutted haughtily into the castle. It seemed like any other regular party for the nobles of Canterlot until the most bizarre carriage showed up, being pulled by four stallions in tuxedos and a small purple dragon in a tuxedo of his own.

Spike was seen with the same Apple Carriage he had pulled since the last Grand Galloping Gala and stopped in front of the castle gates as he smiled down to the door "Okay, everypony! We're here!"

The door to the carriage opened to reveal the element bearers and four out of the six former homunculi in their own respective outfits for the gala. Greed was wearing a dashing white tuxedo and his favorite sunglasses as he flashed an eager grin "So this is what the Grand Galloping Gala is, huh? Must be quite the party inside for all these stuck-up nobles to show up!"

Twilight showed up behind Greed in a newly-crafted glimmering blue dress courtesy of Rarity. Her hair was done up in a bun style as she trotted up next to Greed with a frown on her face "Please, Greed. For our sake, try to behave or at least show some respect around here. This is a very rare occasion!" She urged the avaricious pony.

Greed chuckled "What? Can't I not enjoy myself once in a while? It's a party! I'll bet your favorite princess is just waiting for us to go in there and spice things up! We already arrived in a carriage made out of an apple, for God's sake!" The avaricious pony could not fathom why Twilight would even go so far as to doing such a thing in order to arrive.

Twilight sighed "This whole time we've been together and you haven't changed a bit..."

Greed frowned "Hey! I've learned plenty from you, and I plan on putting it to good use! And in case you haven't noticed, I've done well on the other elements when learning the Magic of Friendship!"

Twilight smiled "Everything except 'Generosity'. But we'll work on that eventually. Let's go inside!"

Greed smirked as he inched his face near Twilight's "Shall we?" The two unicorns trotted in side-by-side with their tails wrapped together.

Rarity and Lust were the next ones to follow after the two unicorns. Rarity insisted that she wanted to make Lust more presentable to the party, but she chose to only wear a ruby-encrusted onyx tiara to compliment her black dress. Rarity was wearing an emerald chiffon dress with a yellow-feathered hat of the same color. The fashionista smiled "Oh, this is simply marvelous! Your first time at the Grand Galloping Gala! Lust, you're going to love it here!!"

Lust smiled "I'm sure that the folks here shall be most entertaining..." Her smile faltered at the thought 'Hopefully Greed nor Envy don't decide to make fools of themselves...'

The aforementioned pegasus trotted with Rainbow Dash while wearing a regal red masculine coat that draped down over its flank. Its mane was done up into a feminine ponytail "I know she's the princess and stuff, but do I really have to wear this crap??" The jealous pony spoke while examining itself with contempt.

Rainbow Dash was wearing a Pegasopolitan toga lined with her signature colors with a golden leaf crown adorned on her head to compliment her attire. Her mane was straightened into a regal ponytail. She sighed at Envy's question "Yeah, I'm not really a fan of getting all gussied up for these sort of things myself, but it's Princess Celestia throwing this party! We gotta respect her somehow! And besides, we all know how Rarity gets with fashion...Your sister lucked out with that tiara on her head!"

Envy growled bitterly "Don't remind me. I can't believe Lust gets special treatment out of the rest of us..." It then turned to Rainbow Dash "What should we do first in there anyways? We're gonna be up to our asses in snobs!"

Rainbow Dash smiled "That's why we're going directly to the Wonderbolts! THIS time, they'll be sure to recognize me! And maybe they can get a piece of you, too, with all the tricks you learned from me!"

Envy smirked "Oh sure, because you taught me EVERY trick I need to know..."

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes "Yeah, I did!"

Envy scoffed and rolled its eyes "I've learned better tricks on my own!"

Rainbow Dash got in Envy's face with a glare "Yeah, with MY help! Face it, palm tree head! Even with flying tricks, you need me!"

Envy pushed its face up at Rainbow Dash's with its own glare "I think can fly pretty damn well without your guidance, prismatic prick!"

A hoof on their heads ceased their arguing as Applejack came up with a look of exasperation on her face. She was wearing a brown leather vest and a beige skirt that went well with her Stetson hat "C'mon, y'all! Don't be bickerin' like a married couple out here! We're here t' have fun, remember?"

Envy and Rainbow Dash looked at Applejack before staring back at each other and smiling afterwards with narrowed eyes. Rainbow Dash grinned "Race you inside, Envy!"

The jealous pony grinned back "You're on!" The two then flew inside the building at a good speed.

Applejack sighed "Those two can be serious trouble sometimes..."

Pinkie smiled as she wore a purple dress with a black fur collar and a long-brimmed purple hat "Aw, come on, Applejack! This'll be the perfect chance to see Dashie having fun with Envy inside! Right, Gluttony?"

Gluttony hopped up and down as he wore his black tuxedo "Yes! And Princess Celestia probably has the most delicious food inside waiting for me!"

Pinkie smirked at the voracious pony "For US!"

Gluttony stopped and smiled at Pinkie "Oh, right! For us! Thank you for reminding me, Pinkie!" The two hungry earth ponies hopped onward and awaited the banquet that rested inside of the castle.

Fluttershy trotted up next to Applejack while wearing an ice blue gown while her mane was straightened and adorned with white butterfly hairpins "Well, I'm sure this will be another night to remember since the homunculi are with us now..."

Applejack nodded with a smile "Yeah. An' it's a good thing Princess Celestia sent a personal carriage fer Sloth!" She looked over the horizon and noticed four fit stallions pulling a carriage "Speak o' th' devil..."

Approaching behind the apple carriage was Sloth resting on a steel carriage while the four stallions dutifully stopped. The indolent pony was wearing a tuxedo that was meant for his size only. It was absolutely tiring for Rarity to gather the large amount of fabric needed to get Sloth's tuxedo firm to the letter. Sloth woke up from his nap when he noticed the carriage stopped "What a pain..." He rose from his spot and hopped off of his carriage to get a better look at his surroundings "Canterlot..."

Applejack trotted up to Sloth with a chuckle "That's right, Sloth! Come along now! We gotta meet up with th' Princess and yer baby brother!" Applejack, Fluttershy, and Sloth then made their way inside the castle as well.

Awaiting at the castle's vestibule were the three princesses on top of the stairs along with Shining Armor and Wrath. Shining Armor was wearing his uncle's red suit while Wrath was wearing a equine-styled replica of his old militaristic attire worn in Amestris, courtesy of the royal seamstresses. The element bearers and former homunculi approached them for a proper greeting. Twilight shared a hug with Celestia, whereas Greed and Wrath only acknowledged each other with neutral stares "Wrath..." The avaricious said in a leveled tone.

Wrath returned the gesture himself "Greed..."

Shining Armor approached Greed and held out his hoof "Nice to see you again, Greed. I trust that you're doing well with my sister?"

Greed chuckled and shook Shining Armor's hoof "Have I ever done anything wrong? I should ask the same thing with you and Wrath!"

Shining Armor sighed and looked away "He still manages to get the best of me no matter how many times I've sparred with him. I think its a whole lot harder with that Ultimate Eye of his..."

Greed grinned "Nopony said it was gonna be easy! The only advice I can give you is keep trying! His age will catch up with him eventually! Then you'll get the upper hoof!"

Shining Armor raised an eyebrow "You'd honestly give me a hint to beat him?"

Greed shrugged "I still gotta practice the 'G' word with your sister, so I have to start off small somehow. And besides..." He grinned over at Wrath "I'd like to see the next match myself..." Greed spoke in a taunting tone.

Wrath smirked "I guarantee that you will not be entertained, Greed. But now is the time for merriment, not conflict."

Twilight trotted up to Greed "He's right you know. I don't even know how you two enjoy fighting so much."

Greed smirked "You wouldn't understand. It's a homunculus thing! Let's just move on inside and see what Celestia has for us!"

Twilight smiled at her coltfriend "Here's hoping you actually behave yourself..." The two then trotted further inside the castle and looked for a good spot to settle in.

Shining Armor watched them leave with a frown "...No offense, Bradley, but I still don't trust your brother around my sister..." He muttered to the furious pony.

Wrath nodded "None taken. You have every right not to. But Greed is a stallion of his word to the end. He'll see to the safety of Twilight Sparkle if it means his own life." He then smiled "Besides, at least they get to enjoy themselves while we stand on guard duty..."

Celestia turned to Wrath after greeting another noble "You realize I can let you do the same as well, Wrath?"

Wrath shook his head "There is nothing there of interest for an old man like me, your majesty. Besides..." He looked away "I'm pretty sure I would just be in the way for what may transpire further inside..." He muttered to himself warily.
_____

Gluttony earned several faces of shock and disgust with how he helped himself at the snack table. Lust and Pinkie lightly pulled him away with stern looks on her faces, easily ceasing him from eating without any manners. Pinkie noticed there was a snack left and popped one in her mouth before she turned to Lust and Gluttony "Hey! Why don't we dance? Any of you ready to shake your groove thang?" She said as she wiggled her flank.

Lust looked around to see several nobles not even moving a muscle while they talk with one another "I'm not sure that the other partygoers would agree to such a thing...Besides, I don't really have nopony to dance with."

Gluttony smiled up at Lust "You can dance with me, Lusty! Can you dance with me? Please? Pretty please?" He said as he looked up with a pleading grin.

Lust stared before she chuckled "Very well. I'll dance with you for a little, Gluttony..." The voracious pony cheered and hopped his way to the dance floor. Pinkie followed after with a giggle.

Rarity was seen conversing with Fancy Pants and Fleur de lis. The sophisticated unicorn smiled "I must say I adore the new outfits you have created for yourself and your friends, Miss Rarity! Another splendid demonstration of your skills as a fashionista!"

Rarity giggled with a light blush "Well, I had to make something extra special since this is for the Grand Galloping Gala and all! I'm just glad that everypony was willing to cooperate, save for Envy..." She muttered her last three words before she sighed "Sloth's outfit was the most challenging out of all of them!"

Fancy Pants looked around "Say, could you lead me to the one called Sloth? We haven't really spoken much, and I'd like to know more about him!"

Rarity frowned "Fancy Pants, trust me when I say that Sloth is not really the talkative type."

The sophisticated unicorn chuckled as he polished his monocle "If he is much like your friend Fluttershy, then I'm sure all that is needed are the right words! Where could he possibly be around here?"

Rarity looked up in thought "I do believe he was outside with Applejack and Fluttershy the last time I've seen him..."
_____

Sloth laid in the grass and gave a low moan as the animals stared at his large mass. Fluttershy giggled "I think the animals like you ever since your last time in Canterlot, Sloth."

The indolent pony moaned again What a pain..."

Applejack scoffed "Ah'm beginnin' t' think bringin' ya along with us t' th' Grand Gallopin' Gala was a big mistake with how y'all choose t' act, Sloth! Would it kill ya t' be more active in yer life once in a while?"

Sloth paused before he muttered "Maybe..." Applejack facehoofed at his remark.

Fluttershy trotted up to Sloth and examined him "How could a pony like Sloth be born so lethargic? Do you think it was a deficiency that was inside of his father?"

Applejack shuddered "Let's not talk 'bout the homunculi's father, sugarcube. S'been so long since he left Equestria, an' Ah don't feel like rememberin' him!"

Fluttershy cringed and looked away "I'm sorry...I was just so curious about Sloth's behavior, I couldn't help myself."

Sloth slowly shifted his head to the two mares "Memory is a pain..." He then rose from his resting position, easily startling the animals around him "...Hungry..."

Applejack smiled "Yeah, Ah feel a bit peckish myself! Let's move on inside an' find th' snack table! Hopefully we'll have more t' eat than them hoity toity 'Or derves' they keep servin'...Them things 're th' size o' my hoof as a filly!" The trio of ponies trotted into the castle in search of food.
_____

Rainbow Dash and Envy trotted along the sea of ponies in search of the Wonderbolts, though the jealous pony showed no enthusiasm over them. Rainbow Dash searched high and low until she spotted the group in their own section with a smile "There they are!! C'mon, Envy!" She lightly tugged Envy for it to follow her.

When they reached the entrance, they were stopped by two security ponies "Names please?" The one on the right spoke.

Envy sneered at the security ponies "Don't you two know us already? Her especially?" It pointed to Rainbow Dash.

The one on the left spoke "Not exactly. Names please?"

From inside the section, the Wonderbolts stood and mingled amongst themselves until their leader, Spitfire, noticed Rainbow Dash at the entrance "Well well! What do we have here?" She trotted over with a friendly smile "Hey there, Rainbow Dash! Long time no see!"

Rainbow Dash smiled "Hey, Spitfire!! How's it hanging?"

Spitfire waved a hoof "It's all good. I've managed to get Soarin to lay off pies on a dare. It's not a pretty sight unless I give him some tarts as a good substitute." The two mares shared a laugh while Envy only watched. When they stopped, Spitfire glanced over at Envy and hummed in intrigue "Say, Dash. Who's your friend over there? She seems to be quite the looker."

Rainbow Dash perked up "Oh, right!" She draped a hoof over Envy's back "Spitfire, I'd like you to meet my..." She stared at Envy for a moment before continuing after the awkward pause "...partner Envy!" The cyan pegasus was still undecided about Envy's gender.

Envy gave an apathetic wave "Hey."

Spitfire raised an eyebrow as she examined Envy "You really know where to look...Where are you from, Envy?"

Envy looked at Spitfire "I live with Rainbow Dash in Ponyville. Not a bad place."

Spitfire nodded "Anywhere else before that?"

Envy rolled its eyes "Nothing that matters to you. Just a distant memory."

Rainbow Dash, feeling miffed about Envy's reply, hissed a whisper at the jealous pony through gritted teeth "Envy! This is the captain of the Wonderbolts you're talking to!!"

Envy gave an apathetic look at Rainbow Dash "It's as if you're Twilight and she's Celestia. I'm sure she doesn't mind us talking."

Rainbow Dash drew herself back and went to snap at Envy before she heard a laugh escape Spitfire's lips "You know, Envy's right, Dash. We haven't really talked so much way back when. What say I push aside the other fans so we can bond some more? You and Envy can come on inside the VIP section so we can hang out for old times sake!" She nodded to the security guards and they granted them access.

Envy turned to Rainbow Dash with a sly smirk, and the cyan pegasus looked angry before a smile crept onto her own lips. The two pegasi then trotted inside where they could mingle with the Wonderbolts. Rainbow Dash could hardly wait to catch up on lost time with her most favored idols. Envy would only enjoy the moment with its marefriend and hope something exciting happens.
_____

Greed and Twilight stood on a balcony alone and gazed at the stars by themselves. The lavender bookworm looked over at Greed with a smile "I'm surprised, Greed. Here was a chance to hang out with our friends and yet you wanted to come all the way up here alone with me..."

Greed shrugged with a smirk "As cool as I am, I don't think the party needs me any more than the people inside of it. And besides, I know how much you enjoy stargazing, so I figured I spend some quality time with you!"

Twilight faced Greed with a playful smile "You mean aside from all the magic I've been teaching you while we've been together?"

Greed nodded "That was just a school session with a little romance on the side! Here, we can have our moment not as teacher and student, but as two unicorns with a thing going on!"

Twilight giggled "I guess you're right. I'm glad that you're here with me at the Gala tonight, Greed." The two shared a small kiss before they went to go look back at the stars "The sky looks so beautiful tonight..."

Greed scoffed "It's small potatoes compared to you! But it's okay..." He then sighed to himself as he looked down in thought.

Twilight looked over at her coltfriend with mild concern "Is something wrong, Greed?"

The avaricious pony sighed before he spoke up "I can't believe it's been three months since I first got here with my family. Never thought we'd have it made like this neither!" He looked up at the stars with a smile "I'm surprised everything turned out for the better ever since we got rid of that old bastard back then..."

Twilight frowned "You're still on about your father?"

Greed shook his head "Nah, just thinking out loud about myself is all." He turned to Twilight with a smile "And let me say that I'm happy to have met you and your friends, Twi! Yeah, it sounds too cheesy, even for me, but thanks..."

Twilight smiled as she looked into Greed's eyes "I should be thanking you for showing me your capabilities and becoming a better pony, Greed. Sure, you're not exactly the most giving pony, but you've done so much for me back then. You're the best pony I've met..." The two stared at each other lovingly before they slowly leaned their faces closer...

"Hey, lovebirds!"

The two instantly stopped and looked over to see Spike watching the two unicorns from the entrance with a smile. Twilight scowled at her assistant "Spike! Do you mind?"

Spike rolled his eyes "You mean with what you and Greed have been doing for some time now? I only came up here because they brought out some more amazing food downstairs! The others are enjoying it, too, and I wondered if any of you felt like joining us!"

The two stared before Greed chuckled "Sounds good. I forgot how amazing Celestia's food was when I first arrived! Let's go, Twi!"

Twilight sighed before she smiled "Sure. Some food does sounds good tonight, and we can't just spend the entire night alone." The trio then went downstairs to have some food to go with the amazing night.

Outside, the same statue Greed fell on three months ago stood idly by in the royal gardens.

"Ugh! Gag! I can feel it from here! The disgust! It won't come off!!"

End of Chapter 1