• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 3,569 Views, 60 Comments

A Blind Bard - way2dawn



a Bind Bard lands in Equestria.

  • ...
9
 60
 3,569

Parties, Songs, and Dreams all Night Long

Walking along the cobblestone streets, Cheerilee attempted to get me acclimated to the surrounding area by telling me landmarks as we passed, (Not that visual landmarks are much use) I WAS able to smell something approaching, something homey, sweet and sugary.

“Well, here we are, Sugarcube Corner. I don't mean to leave you alone, it's just that I have some tests to grade. Have fun!" With a pat on the back of my leg and a shifting of my body, I was turned toward the Sugarcube Corner, before being left alone as Cheerilee trotted away.

"Well, how bad can this be?" I asked myself quietly before reaching forward and finding the doorway, and eventually the doorknob. After opening the door, which worked by pushing IN on the knob instead of down, probably for the sake of hooves, I entered the bakery, and closed the door behind me with a small click.

"Surprise!" I was once again assaulted with voices, but thankfully the voices were more varied, so it didn't hurt, the noise were just loud. The force was enough to shake me though, and I slid to the floor in shock.

"Who… what… why?" I managed to stutter out before somepony trotted toward me, shifted me from the door I was on, and laid my head on their body and started cooing to me, trying to calm me down.

"Shhh. It's ok. Everything's alright." The voice tried to console me, (Whom I later remembered as Fluttershy), and started to explain what was going on. "Mister, if you don't remember, you're in Sugarcube Corner for a-"

"PARTY! It's your 'Welcome to Ponyville/Equestria' Party! By the way, what's your name?" It was Pinkie Pie who interrupted Fluttershy from her explanation. The two mares helped me to a chair and Pinkie left to get me some food and drink.

"Sorry, Pinkie was just being Pinkie. Could you laugh this off? If you don't mind, that is." All I could do was laugh. I laughed for at least a good 10 seconds. It felt great. As soon as I finished, a couple of ponies came by and the stallion of the group introduced themselves.

"Hello, Mr. Human, I am Carrot Cake,and this is my wife, Cup Cake, we’re Pinkie's employers and landlords." The stallion and mare both put their hooves on my lap and I shook them in turn. "We were wondering, are you alright? Did Pinkie do anything wrong to your culture?" These ponies, these kind and generous ponies. Without them, I'd probably be dead by now, even without being blind.

"Flutts, yes I can forgive Pinkie, and you, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, I'm fine, just a little shaken up, and no, surprise parties are completely normal where I'm from. But I've a favor to ask, two actually. Can I stay here overnight so I don't have to bother Nurse Redheart for a room?" Mr. and Mrs. Cake immediately said 'Yes'. "And can I borrow Pinkie and your kitchen later?" Again, I was immediately given what I wanted. The kitchen had two conditions though. I would document how much of whatever I used and that the bakers were allowed to have a taste of whatever we made.

Thanking the couple, they left to enjoy the party. Pinkie soon returned with a platter and told me that she brought cakes, crumbles, pies, custards, cremés, puddings, jello, brownies, doughnuts, danishes, truffles, mousse, cookies, ice cream, candy, tarts, flan, sarsaparilla, tiramisu, torts, scones, and much much more. (I had to stop after only half of the plate, I felt sick) And a single glass of cider. Sweet tooth much?

“Mister? Are you alright? Did I not bring enough dessert?” Pinkie asked worriedly, I shook my head, and put my plate down.

“Pinkie, who that I know is here, besides Fluttershy?” I asked the hyper mare that was bouncing around me watching my every move.

“Well, no one's here, OOH! I've an IDEA! Come with me!” Pinkie dragged me over somewhere and another pony named Vinyl Scratch was introduced to me.

“Name’s Vinyl Scratch, nice t’ meetcha. So YOU’RE the thing everypony’s been talking about. I’ve always wondered what alien songs sound like.” The mare introduced and queried to herself before an idea came to me, and I turned to Fluttershy in response.

“Flutts, could you please go get Twilight? If she’s so good at magic, maybe she can transmit songs from my head into the air, like a broadcast.

“HA, you don’t need that egghead, I can do that. That’s part of my special talent in DJing.” Vinyl boasted to me before, the self proclaimed unicorn told me to “GO”. The heavy bass beat started up right before the lyrics kicked in.

Pony Rock! Yeah! Woo! Let's go!

Scratch and Human's in the club tonight.
Oh yeah, we're gonna have a good time.
So grab somepony now don't be shy.
It's our job to make you feel alright. (Clap your hooves!)

Let's raise the roof, tonight's the night.
We're gonna' party till the morning light.
The house is hot, the beat is tight.
We just wanna' see you ...shake it!

A deep bass beat continued whilst some bleeps and bloops continued the main sound.

The name's Unknown and I wanna' see you shake it.
I'm the reason of this party and I'm glad you could make it.
I've got the music that booms, show me what you've got.
Now do your thing mares and flaunt that plot.

On the dance floor is where we're living.
You keep moving to the beat and the beat I'll keep delivering.
Now that's a promise, we're gonna' commit.
Hey, Vinyl Scratch! Spin that.

Vinyl decided at this point to cut into the song while the background track was pumping from my head into the air.

A’yo what's up? I'm the other half of this duo.
Got my bass cannon set to max it's gonna' blow.
It's Pony Rock! (It's Pony Rock!)
Yeah, so get them tails a-bouncing and get them
hooves up in the air 'cause we are announcing it is-!

After letting Vinyl have her fun, we made this a bit of a duet.

Scratch and Human’s in the club tonight.
Oh yeah, we're gonna have a good time.
So grab somepony don't be shy.
It's our job to make you feel alright.

Let's raise the roof, tonight's the night.
We're gonna' party till the morning light.
The house is hot, the beat is tight.
We just wanna' see you... shake it!

Pinkie somehow had gotten Vinyl’s attention and cut me off for the last verse, I was slightly peeved, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Everyday I'm partying!
Put the lights on me. It's time for the only true party pony.
The name's Pinkie Pie and I know you all missed me.
But hey, wait! There's room for three.

Let's get some balloons! (The pretty ones!)
Let's turn up the bass! (Getting louder now!)
Gummy's here with me! (He's rocking out!)
Now it's a party! (With thanks to me!)

Get up. Get down. Put your hooves up to the sound.
Jump up. Stomp down. Everypony hit the ground. (x2)
Everypony hit the ground. (x2)
Get up. Get down. (x2)
Put your hooves up to the sound. (x2)
Put your hooves up. (x4)

I glared with me sightless eyes to Vinyl and she faded Pinkie out to a supporting role to let me have the last lines.

Everypony's in the club tonight.
We're gonna' keep on having a good time.
We got some help from Pinkie Pie.
With Vinyl Scratch and Hu-uu-uu-man guy!

Woah (x4)

Everyday we're par-partyin'

An eruption of applause followed suit, (It sounded like the ponies were stomping their hooves, what a coincidence) and I bowed toward the noise and used a minor augment to my voice.

“Thanks Ponyville! It’s a pleasure to be here! I don’t know what's going to happen from here, but I want you to know that if you have ANY questions, ask Twilight Sparkle first, she knows a bit about me, and she is going to ask more later, so ask her to ask me, and we’ll get back to you.” The crowd was murmuring to themselves, so I bowed out and Pinkie guided me back towards Vinyl.

“Nice job, human. What was that song? Mind if I use it in my rotation?" Vinyl approached me and poked me on the back of the knee to get my attention right before I left her workstation.

"Sure, Vinyl, go right ahead. Just remember to give me and Pinkie credit." I laughed at her reaction, which was a fist/hoof bump after i held it out for a few seconds. " I'm sure Pinks won't mind." Vinyl said her thanks and trotted away, leaving me feeling drained after the adrenaline from the song had drifted away. Time to find that bed that the Cakes promised.

I was unable to find the Cakes in time and promptly fell asleep in a chair.
---
"Human?" Something spoke to me.

"Hello? Are you alright?" I shooed the presence away with my hand and rolled over.

"5 more minutes..." I grumbled before rolling over and attempting to fall asleep again, but a different voice spoke.

"Please wake up, we have much to talk about, Minstrel Song." This got my attention, I hadn't told any of these ponies my name. I'd attempted to, but the few tones I have, got cut off one way or another.

Sitting up and opening my eyes gave me a bit of a fright. I actually SAW something, more like somethings. Two large unicorns stood before me, with billowing manes, blowing in some unknown wind, or more likely, magic.

The larger unicorn was a brilliant white, practically glowing, and had eyes of lavender, tender and motherly. Her mane and tail were a spectrum of blue, green, and pink. Her form was adorned with some golden regalia that was etched with sun motifs, save for the amethyst on her chest-piece and tiara. Her golden boots were bare of any gemstones. What struck me as odd was their height, they were much taller than Big Mac, and he was bigger than any other pony I had met. After taking a tentative step forward, I walked around the unicorn, and saw a wing and a sun mark. Probably her cutie mark.

"Winged unicorns. Huh." I murmured to myself. The smaller dark pony seemed to hear me.

"Alicorn, we are called alicorns." The smaller calmly corrected. The larger one must have been the one to speak my name.

The smaller alicorn was midnight blue, with curious teal eyes inspecting me. Her mane (And tail) were dark blue, a few shades lighter than her coat, that had an 'outline' of the same shade of her coat. Her entire mane had white flecks scattered throughout it, giving the impression of a starry sky on a clear night.
I walked back to near where I was before, but not before taking a look at Darky's regalia, a dark, black silver, except for a crescent moon that was in the middle of the chest-piece that did not interfere with her wings. The shape of the crescent on her chest-piece was the same shape of the one on her flank.

The taller alicorn spoke again.
"MInstrel, I apologize for this, we made you fell asleep prematurely because we need answers. This is why you are here in your 'mindscape'. This is a place in your mind that we can speak within where only the truth can be spoken. As soon as we are done here, we shall leave you in peace until we 'meet'. I also apologize for taking your name from your mind without your consent." I nodded in comprehension, and dismissed the brain probe until I had a bit more info.

"I am Princess Celestia, and this," Celestia gestured to her companion "Is my sister, Luna." Upon hearing 'princess', I bowed toward them.

"'Tis an honour to be in your presence, your Highnesses, permission to speak freely for our discussion?" All I heard was a chuckle from Luna

"We find thyne actions humorous. Thy hast no need of worry for thyne safety. Thou shall speak freely here, for 'tis not our minds at all, 'tis yours." Luna spoke, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, anyway, before you ask your questions, do you mind if I make us a bit more comfortable? You said that I can do whatever I wanted here, why not make us comfortable?" Before the princesses could reply, the surrounding area changed from nothing to a decently sized study.

The study was surrounded by bookshelves, and instruments were scattered everywhere. Papers were falling off the shelves, and it looked like a mess. On one side of the room, a fireplace roared and blazed, creating a warm and comforting light. In the center of the room, on a small coffee table was an assortment of cakes, pies, and other pastries, along with a teapot for myself. Around the small table were three seat cushions, comfortable for me, and hopefully the princesses. I took a look over to their location to see Luna's shocked face, and Celestia's pleased smirk.

"Is everything up t' snuff? Can I change anything to make you more… comfortable?" Both mares shook their heads and took their seats at two of the cushions.

"We are most impressed at thoust command of thine mindscape, Minstrel. Not many ponies conjure a room, nary the details." Luna stated "Thankfully, thine mindscape shows thy true colors, as it were." Luna stated before her horn glowed and a small cookie lifted itself off the table and made its way to her mouth, where she finished it off in a single bite. Methinks sorcery be here.

I poured some tea into some teacups and passed the out. The princesses lifted their cups to their faces and sniffed the tea curiously before taking a sip. Personally my favorite tea is peppermint, and I wondered if the tea was peppermint to them, or if it was their favorite teas as well.

"Do you like the tea, Princess? I made my favourite tea, Winter Peppermint." This seemed to surprise the Royals. Celestia looked up from her drink to me, and spoke.

"Really? You didn't make Dandelion Foxglove? Thats my personal favorite." Celestia seemed surprised that the tea was 'favorite tea' rather than peppermint. Looking over to Luna, she muttered something along the lines of 'Lemon Zest'.

"Back to the topic at hoof, or rather, hand, Minstrel. We wish to ask you questions and in return we shall answer a few of your own. Would you be cordial enough to answer them?" I nodded to Celestia and Luna to question me.

"Dost thou knowst how thee came to be in our realm?" I shook my head at the Royals, who looked at each other sheepishly. Luna looked to Celestia, who explained.

"It's our fault you are here in Equestria. My sister and I were making a solar eclipse a few days ago. We are sorry." At this the princesses looks downcast. I just waved my hand in a dismissive gesture.

"What's done, is done. Only thing is, can you send me back to my hometown of Colhen?" This seemed to uplift their spirits, but only a bit. They seemed genuinely sorry about their mistake.

"We can, but it might take quite a bit of time, though, we are still tired from the magic in making the eclipse in the first place. I cannot say quite yet when we will be able again." I shrugged

"Just one last question, why me?" My answer was that they didn't know why I was chosen.

Before the princesses were able to ask their next question, the cookies and tea disappeared. The princesses sighed.

"Well, MInstrel, it seems you are waking up. We shall speak again soon. We bid you 'farewell.'" With those words, Celestia and Luna vanished, and the mindscape soon followed. I closed my eyes and let my consciousness wander back to the part of my head that it normally resided in to awaken, and to end my second day in Equestria.

Author's Note:

Authors note
I am so sorry that this took so long to get to you guys. I had so much writers block, it wasnt even blocks, it was legos.
Next chapter will be here quicker! I pinkie promise!
"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."
There. Also! I have an editor! Give a shout-out to 'robingtheworld'!
Don't bother looking for him, hes not on fimfic... yet.