• Published 3rd Jan 2012
  • 4,367 Views, 251 Comments

A History of Long Nights and Blood - Balancer



Vinyl vampire awesomeness, with a dash of Twilight crazy. Plus sad stuff.

  • ...
12
 251
 4,367

Things

Dear loyal followers and those of you still interested in this story.

I have come to a realisation, this story is terrible. Not terrabad but not great. For many reasons most glaring is that the story pacing and story itself were poorly conceived and even more poorly executed.

But why do I think this? You may ask.

Well the reason I think this is because of my new story Long Live the Queen, that story is much better in term of conception and delivery. And I owe it all to this story, without it I would have never have learnt about good story crafting or good narrative. Not that I'm great, I'm not, but I now know what constitutes good rather than bad. My grammar may not be the best but I have gotten dramatically better (just ask my editor) and my story delivery has improved all because I was able to have a trial run on this story first.

Alas it is because I feel I have improved that I can no longer continue this story, every time I sit down to write it I can not bring myself to continue a story line that honestly I have no idea what I was thinking when I started it.

And that is why I am going to melt the story down and reforge it into a shining jewel ten times brighter than the lump of coal it currently is. I honestly like many of the ideas I tacked onto the story and some of the original ideas so I'm going to salvage them and organise it into something more interesting. So what I will do is complete my other story which I feel is the by far superior at this point in time and when I have gained the experience from it I will tear down this shack and from its remains build a house.

This of course will be very far into the future given the speeds I write at so I will leave this story up in the mean time but I want you to know that I will not be continuing it, instead I will be restarting it instead. With a new name, mostly new plot (Twilight and Vinyl will still be vamps and badass) and all that.

So in the mean come over to my other story if you want to continue to read my works, even if your hesitant look at the prologue if that doesn't get you hooked then oh well.

Author's Note:

I will post a chapter in this story a couple of days before I tear it down to let y'all know.

Comments ( 22 )

:fluttercry::fluttercry: for me it was good

Well good luck on the new story

But this was good :fluttercry: Well, if you feel it not up to standard, its completely your choice. Improve it you say? Has a 'stache says I :moustache: Will be waiting for the new one then.

I thought it was awesome. :fluttercry::fluttercry:

Cool cool... Just PLEASE don't kill off Octavia next time..... please:fluttercry:

crud. i don't particularly like re-editing stuff.

Yeah it did get really rough after the big fight, but I was willing to see where you went with it. I guess I'll wait around and check out the new and improved version.

Tia a shame, to be sure. Your grammar has improved substantially. Best of luck in all your ventures and ideas.

Comment posted by Balancer deleted Feb 5th, 2013

I don't know how I feel about this...

I mean, it's great that you're doing what you think is good for you, but so many people liked this story so much, including me. :fluttercry:

Whatever the case, I'll be glad to go on with you and keep doing what I've been doing. :twilightsmile:

(No, I don't have wifi yet. I'm over at a friend's house. The family's working on getting it back up again.)

All I ask is that you try not to kill Octavia in the rewrite. Not to be mean or anything but when she died it kind of kille the story for me:fluttercry:. Untill that happened I realy liked it and will look forward to the rewrite.:pinkiesad2:

Although I am sad to see it go:fluttercry: I ask that you leave this up as something we all can appreciate.:pinkiesmile:

2186260 I agree when I read the chapter that Octavia died in it made me not want to read the story anymore not that it was a bad story its just that I wasn't prepared for it for sometimes the way I see it you can't have a really good romance story of Vinyl without Octavia.

2432280 And that is why i have decided to redo this at a later date

2432313 Great looking forward to it :pinkiehappy:

2432323 Good to hear though i plan to complete my current story first then come back to this so it wont be for a long time

2432380 fair enough don't worry i'm a very patient person so i won't nag you about it. Which reminds me i should start reading your other story :twilightsmile:

2432414 Please do, it's much better

3724918 You and me both pal, reason I stopped writing this fic was that it just got stupid. :facehoof:

Anyway if you liked this you'll enjoy my other one much better, given that i've actually put waaaayyyy more thought into it.

3727565 yup, trust me I know

Know what, why not keep the ideas you like and change the story? I for one dont want Vicenza to die, maybe a new story about her? You dont have to, but I really think the story is salvageable.

3735630 I think so too, but i want to finish my current one (if only because it sets up my space opera setting:yay::yay::yay:) i really liked the backstory i set up for this fic and i do want to do something with it later. If i do I can't promise it will be anything like this, but i can promise it will be an amazing read :twilightsmile:

(And upadate once in a blue moon:twilightblush:)

this was an interesting story but not a very good one i mean i liked it but it kinda lost my intrest after octavias death after all i was reading it for octavia and vinyl

Login or register to comment