• Published 3rd Jan 2012
  • 32,567 Views, 513 Comments

My Little Dashie : A Threequel - EpicBG



A sequel to a ty500600's sequel of ROBCakeran53's classic story 'My Little Dashie'

  • ...
40
 513
 32,567

The End

Having been in Equestria for nearly six years, I have changed quite a lot from the man I once was. I never would have thought that I would have a daughter, or live in Equestria with Rainbow Dash. I was a closet Brony, left in a dark, drab, and depressing world after my parent’s passing. I never thought that I could love again, only live and exist, being nothing more than another person. Dashie has brought so much happiness into my life, I just don’t know what would’ve happened had I not found her that day. Something as simple as curiosity changed my entire life - for the better. That one moment in my life when I accidentally kicked that cardboard box shall always be treasured.

Accident... It's funny really, I'm not supposed to be here, and yet I am. I lived every Brony's dream. I am the Human in Equestria. Not 'a' Human, but 'the' Human - the one and only - the first and last. Celestia made certain of that fact. I can't blame her though. So here I am, in Equestria, on my couch; recounting my life in this old journal, yet in a few hours I will be leaving to Canterlot for the Gala.

Dashie isn’t going to be wearing a dress this year; instead she’ll be wearing her Wonderbolts jumpsuit. Rarity insisted on modifying it, but Dashie and I convinced her that any additional weight could be problematic. She gave an adorable pout before reluctantly agreeing. The Wonderbolts have got a fly-by planned, as they do every year, but this year it’s supposed to be extra special. I can only hope that it is going to be as awesome as Dashie says it will be.

The sun has now pierced the horizon, and looks better than usual. Celestia must be in a good mood for once. I really don’t want to deal with her or the stares from ponies, but for Dashie, I’ll do it. I’m running out of room in this dusty old journal, but at least when I’m older, and can’t remember so well, I can read this and know that I lived a good life. Dashie just called for me, she must be waiting around impatiently; probably trotting around the room for no particular reason. I need to buy a new journal, but until then, goodbye.

~Signed,

Brian

-----

“DAD!” Rainbow’s scream shook the entire house. Brian sighed as he closed lid on the ink well and laid the large cyan quill next to it. He placed the worn notepad on top of the two other notebooks near a small pile of large cyan feathers which he had been using as a quill.

“I’m comin’, I’m comin’. Hold your horses…“ Dash’s ears perked up at the sound of her father’s voice. She rose from the rug and trotted to the wooden door.

“Well, finally. C’mon!” She pushed the door open and took to the sky.

“Enthusiastic as always, huh Dashie?” A slight giggle left his lips; his daughter was already far past earshot. The fancy suit that Rarity had hoof stitched for the occasion was fit perfectly. It added the perfect amount of class, yet didn’t look overly snobby. The front door was closed behind him, ‘There’s no need to lock it.’ he thought, Ponyville never had a problem with burglary anyways; especially not in the middle of the day. The walk to the train station was a well deserved solace for Brian, the last few months have been hectic for him, and most everypony else: especially Dashie.

“Come on, Pops! We’re going to be late!” Brian was still taking his time getting to the train; a cloud of smoke bellowed out the top, covering Rainbow Dash in soot. She growled, and then shook off the black substance. She flew into the train; her father wasn’t very far behind her. The train ride was a quick one, yet during the entirety of it, Brian couldn’t stop thinking about that last journal, and the other two he had used, full of diary entries and stories of his life. It had become a part of him for the last few months; what if somepony had read them? Would they care? Would the hours of pondering seize something of worth? Would all the wrist aches be worth it?

'Who knows, but for now I have a Gala to attend.'



Thanks and Shout outs:

I’d like to thank ROBCakeran53 for writing the original My Little Dashie, without him the sequel and this story would not exist.

ty500600 and his editor Athanix, for writing such an amazing sequel.

Of course, Lauren Faust for making My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

I’d like to thank everypony for dealing with me; I know I’m not a perfect writer. I really should have thought this through better, the last five chapters are, excuse my language, complete and utter shit, and I know that. I may find an editor, because right now I just want to deal with school, and other fics. I may add ‘bonus’ chapters in the future, but as for right now I’m drained when it comes to ideas.

Yes. It would be worth it.