• Published 3rd Jan 2012
  • 32,581 Views, 513 Comments

My Little Dashie : A Threequel - EpicBG



A sequel to a ty500600's sequel of ROBCakeran53's classic story 'My Little Dashie'

  • ...
40
 513
 32,581

Boredom

Dashie and I woke up around three o’clock in the afternoon, we ate what was supposed to be breakfast together and just lounged around for the rest of the day. We had a large chunk of the second Daring Do book read by dinner time, we ate dinner as quickly as we could and went back to reading, eventually finishing the book late into Luna’s night. We had started the third book, but fell asleep together while reading. Dashie shook me awake, I opened my eyes, expecting to be in my bed, covered under a warm blanket. I looked down to see that some of the book’s pages had been folded under my arm. I tried to flatten the pages as best I could.

“Twilight won’t be happy…” I moved the book over to the small table that held a half-melted, unlit candle and a lamp. I covered my eyes with my left arm and with my right I pushed the button to turn the light on. Dashie blinked a few times and shook her head as her eyes adjusted to the light.

“C’mon Pops! I’ve gotta leave for practice in, like, an hour!” She pointed to the clock that adorned one of the walls. She jumped into the air and pulled me off the couch and onto my feet. She flew into the kitchen, searching to find something to eat.

“What’re we going to do about reading, and how about the book?” I didn’t remember who’s turn it was or where we were in the book, neither did Dashie. We had decided that it would be best to re-read the bit that we started later that day once she got home. I was way too tired to go with her after the ordeal of reliving the last twenty years of my life, I just wanted to take it easy for a while. She didn’t want to leave, but I convinced her that I would be okay. I thought about reading the third book while Dashie was gone, but I decided that I should wait for her to come home instead so we could read together. I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do.

I had at least a few hours until Dashie would be home, so I decided to visit town and see if I could find something to do. The first thing I did was visit Twilight to tell her about the book, hopefully she could do something with her magic. I knocked on the door, Twilight’s voice called back asking who it was. I said that it was me and the door was surrounded by a familiar purple aura as it opened. I stepped into the library, holding the book tightly under my arm.

“It’s nice to see that you’re okay after the surgery,” she said. “Are you returning that book?” I shook my head. I didn’t want to tell her, but I had no choice.

“Dashie and I fell asleep while reading last night, and a few of the pages got bent. I’m sorry.” The book was shrouded in a purple aura as it floated out from under my arm. The cover opened and the pages flipped themselves through. A spark flashed from the cover, the book then floated back into my hands. I flipped through it, seeing that the bent pages were now perfectly flat.

“Neat trick.” I think Twilight blushed, it’s kind of hard to tell with the purple coat of hers. She looked back down to her book, trying to cover it up.

“Uhm, anything else?” she said in a quieter-than-usual voice. I thought for a second, then shook my head. I thanked her as I made my way out. I reached the new door and as I was about to reach for the knob I remembered that I would just be going home and being bored for Celestia knows how long until Dashie got home.

“Hey, Twilight?” I called out. I was answered with a soft ‘Hmm?’. “Do you need help with anything? It‘s really boring without Dashie home.” I see Twilight look up from her book to shake her head from side to side.

“No, sorry, Spike and I just got done re-organizing the library actually. You should ask Pinkie, she can always use the help at the bakery.” Twilight took a second to think “…and if you don’t mind a little bit of hard labor, I’m certain Applejack could use a bit of help up at Sweet Apple Acres.” She thought for another second. “Also, Fluttershy could probably use some help with her animals, and Rarity always needs a bit of help around the boutique.” I thanked Twilight again before I left. I stretched out my pants pocket to place the fixed book inside.

I decided to visit Sugarcube Corner first, seeing as it was closest to the bakery. A bell rung as I opened the door, I was warmed by the scent of pastries. I walked to the counter and called out Pinkie’s name. She popped up behind me, nearly giving me a heart attack. I clenched my chest and sighed as my heart rate slowed down to a normal pace. “Jeez, Pinkie…” She looked up to me with puppy dog eyes and a small smile, how could I be mad at a face like that? “Got anything that I could help with? I’ve got a few hours to waste until Dashie gets home, and I’m super bored.” Pinkie smiled as she pushed me into the kitchen, she put an apron over me and tied it, she put a white chef’s hat on my head.

She showed me how to bake her ‘Pinkie Party Cupcakes’, which were cupcakes with pink frosting, topped with pink sugar. I ended up being done with baking at nearly five O’clock. I thanked Pinkie, handed her the dirty apron and silly hat. She ran up the stairs with the apron and hat and came back with a bag in her mouth. With a twist of her neck she tossed me a small bag, it jingled as it landed in my hand. “Thanks Pinkie, but it isn’t necessary. I’ve still got a lot of money left over from a bet.” I handed her the bag back and thanked her for letting me do something instead of be at home, bored out of my mind.

I opened the door and laid down on the couch, relaxing my tired feet; they hadn't felt like that in years. I rested my eyes and drifted off into sleep. The sound of the front door open and shut, then the soft clip-clopping of hooves against the rug woke me up. I heard a faint humming buzz in the air. I opened my eyes to see Dashie, she was exhausted, yet she wore a small smile. Floating around her were two golden tickets, they each had some fancy print on them. “Are those what I think they are?” she nodded, her smile only getting bigger.