• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 12,468 Views, 991 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies - Derpsanddinks404



A second-person fic where you give fillies and colts a bath

  • ...
39
 991
 12,468

Dinky (co-op with Derpy)

Derpy opens the bathroom door and enters. In her hooves is her giggling, bouncy daughter, Dinky. Both ponies are smiling happily, enjoying their mother-daughter embrace. You smile also, finding that you too enjoy the sight of the embrace. Derpy flies over to you and presents to you the filly unicorn she was hugging so tightly.

"Here she is!" exclaims the proud mother. "Thanks again for helping me! I'm just so glad that I don't have to do it alone again. Last time, she was so grumpy, and I just don't know what went wrong!" she adds, a worried yet hopeful look in her misaligned eyes.

"It's no problem at all!" you assure her happily. "I'm happy to help. She is just so cute!"

Both mother and daughter giggle at the compliment. Derpy then glides over to the bathtub full of lukewarm water (the way Dinky liked it) and placed her unicorn filly in it. Dinky continued to smile at her mother, totally cooperative with her and, surprisingly, also you.

You smile to the filly as Derpy hands you the shampoo. You thank her and squirt a good-sized amount in your palm. As the gel lands on your left palm, a different-smelling aroma reaches your nostrils, confusing you as to whether or not it is pleasant. You look at the bottle for an explanation and find that the shampoo is banana-muffin-scented. You look at Derpy and she smiles widely.

"Isn't it great?" she asks you. "I just found it Monday on accident! Now she and I both smell so delicious, I could just gobble her up!"

You laugh at the silly mailmare and agree that it does smell good. "I heard that she was your little muffin, but this is ridiculous!" you joke to Derpy, who laughs in return.

Returning to business, you begin lathering Dinky's mane. Derpy looks on as her bubbly daughter is lathered by a trustworthy stranger. Dinky doesn't mind it at all that her mother wasn't the one washing her mane; in fact, it looks like she was kinda glad someone who knew what they were doing was doing just that. Derpy also noticed this, and instead of feeling bummed she couldn't help very well, she feels happy you're there. She looks to you (at least, that's what you think, considering her eyes were pointing in two directions) and comments, "She likes you."

"What can I say?" you say humbly. "I just have a way with foals."

After a minute of washing Dinky's mane (including behind her ears, a side note by her loving mother), you step back and ask Derpy if your work is fine. Derpy inspects it for two seconds before giving you a thumbs (er, hooves) up. You cup your hands and scoop some water in them. Then you pour the water over Dinky's soapy head, causing her to close her eyes and smile amusingly. While you rinse her mane another six times, Derpy tells you her about her previous difficulties doing this task. "I used this cup," she explains, holding up a clear cylinder with her mouth. She puts the cup back down and continues, "It took the longest time. I'm really grateful you and your hands are here to make it go faster."

When you finish rinsing a happy Dinky's head, Derpy picks up her daughter's rump so you could continue shampooing. Dinky and Derpy watches peacefully as you take the banana-muffin-scented shampoo and lather the filly's tail. The smell of banana fills the air the entire half-minute it takes to clean the tail-hairs. After Dinky's tail is soapy-clean, you look to Derpy for another round of checking and approval.

After another hooves up from the mother mare, you begin to rinse the soap out of Dinky's tail. This takes about seven more rinses, during which Derpy again states her previous difficulties. "Her tail was even harder," she says. "Mostly because it was next to her rear, and believe me, it feels weird to put your nose close to her behind, even if you're cleaning it," she laughs. You laugh too, imagining what that'd be like; not so pleasant, you conclude. You finish rinsing her tail and think how grateful you are to have hands.

With Dinky finally cleaned, you reach into the water and unplug the tub. Derpy picks up her daughter and places her on the ground, meanwhile telling you again how glad she is you could help (turns out she had to hold her breath in order to unplug the tub with her mouth). You feel sorry for not only Derpy but every pony who had to manually wash their foals on their own without magic or fingers.

Derpy volunteers to dry Dinky, saying that you've done enough already. She grabs her towel in her mouth and throws it over her only daughter's head. She then uses her hooves to grip the ends of the towel and repeatedly shake it to and fro, effectively drying her off. Dinky giggles cutely from under the light blue rag. You giggle in response to the cute sound. Derpy continues to shake the towel down the filly's light purple body. Dinky continues giggling to her mother, who smiles towards her daughter in reply.

With Dinky dry, Derpy looks to you with a smile. "Wanna see something cute?" she asks. Without waiting for an answer, she picks up her daughter and places her on her back. Dinky bounces foalishly, excited for what was to come. "Ready for takeoff, Captain Hooves?" Derpy turns to her daughter and asks. After a positive giggle from the unicorn on the pegasus's back, Derpy ran outside with you following. Once in the open, the pegasus mare leaped into the air, horizontal to the ground so as not to drop her little muffin. You could hear loud cries of joy from high in the air, coming from both mother and daughter ten feet high. You laugh at this beautiful sight of a caring mother and a young daughter bonding.

Two minutes later Derpy lands, obviously tired from the work-out. She walks over to you and places her clapping daughter on the ground. She turns to you and hugs you. "Thanks again," she says, a lot of joy in her voice.

"It was no problem," you assure her again.

Dinky walks over to you and joins her mother, hugging you also. Derpy disengages and smiles, looking at the sight before her. "Y-You wouldn't mind doing this again, would you?" she invites you sheepishly.

Dinky also disengages and looks up to you with a hopeful look on her face. You find what little will you have shatter as you see the puppy-dog eyes on the filly's face. You make your decision, and tell both of them, "Of course! I'd love to!"