• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 12,465 Views, 991 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies - Derpsanddinks404



A second-person fic where you give fillies and colts a bath

  • ...
39
 991
 12,465

Applejack (co-op with Lil Mac)

"It's ready, Mac!" you call to the red farmer colt.

A moment later you see a red flank with a short orange tail walk in, followed by the rest of Lil Macintosh's body, and then his foal-sized head, which was dragging a blonde tail in its mouth. Mac was struggling to get a little Applejack to follow him into the bathroom. The orange filly was spasmodic, trying to grab onto anything she could use to either stop Lil Mac or to throw at Lil Mac. When the filly's attempts are beaten by Mac's determination, she sits up and crosses her front hooves, a glum look on her face.

"Good job, Mac!" you tell him happily, glad you didn't have to do it yourself.

Mac spits out the tail and looks up to you. "No problem, er, what was your name again?"

You tell him your name, but that you'd prefer to be called the sitter. He apologizes, but you tell him it's no big deal. You then turn your attention to Applejack.

"You're a tough little filly, aren't you?" you cutely ask the ticked off earth pony.

"Eeyup," replies Lil Mac for his nonspeaking sister. "That filly right there is going ta be one apple bucker when she's older. Kicked me right in the head! Good thing I'm thick-skulled, otherwise I'd be out cold right now!"

"Oh really?" you ask the colt while turning your head over to Applejack accusingly.

"Eeyup," replied the red pony, as though it were the only thing he could say.

"Well then," you tell Applejack, "looks like we'll have to clean you extra hard, in order to get out that nasty attitude!"

Applejack continues to look unamused, and then sticks her tongue out to you, showing her true distaste for bathing. You shake your head and smile sideways, wondering what you're going to do with this stubborn little filly. You take off her hair bands, pick her up and place her in the warm tub, expecting her to relax but instead getting no signs of any change in her mood. You shrug to yourself and turn to Mac.

"Will you be helping?" you ask him kindly.

"Eeyup," he answers. "Granny Smith told me that I need to."

You nod your head and wonder whatever happened to their parents. Surely they must still be alive now considering Apple Bloom isn't alive yet, but you decide not to ask the question and to just continue on to the bath.

Then it hits you. "How, though, are you going to help?" you ask, realizing that there really wasn't anything he could do that he hasn't already done.

The red colt thinks for a moment, then responds, "I could help dry her off and keep her company so she doesn't hurt ya or nuthin'."

"True. Thanks," you say.

"Eeyup," he again says.

Turning back to Applejack, you pick up the shampoo and squirt a palmful in your hand. You then lather it throughout the angered filly's mane, producing not white suds but black ones. Dirt, dried mud and grease are all very plentiful in the pony's mane, a trophy of her love of the outdoors. Because of the amount of filth, lathering her hair takes you a good two minutes before the suds go from black to a light grey. You figure this is enough, so you step back and look to Mac.

He looks to you and answers your questioning look. "We were playing in the mud today. In fact, I'm takin a bath right after her."

You nod and turn back to the still grumpy orange pony. You cup some water into your hands and begin to repeatedly rinse out her hair. Mac watches you as you pick up water and pour it on her head, giggling at his sister's stunned first reactions. This task thankfully only takes you about 45 seconds, leaving Applejack's hair nice and clean afterwards. This still doesn't put a smile on her face, though; heck, it might have made her mood worse.

With her mane all clean, you move on to her tail. You ask her sweetly to lift it up, but she refuses and turns away from you. Worried, you turn to Mac.

"Applejack, lift up your tail for our sitter," commanded her big brother, who was almost twice her size already.

Applejack turns to her brother and sighs, lifting up her tail. You thank Lil Mac for his leadership and get to work on Applejack's tail. Just like her mane, the suds are all black from her past activities outside. Again, it takes you two minutes of hard scrubbing to turn the suds into a remotely clean shade of gray.

You begin to cup some water in your hands when Applejack sits down. You tell her to stand up again, but she refuses. You try to explain that she needs to sit up so you can properly rinse her tail, but again she refuses to budge. Instead, she shakes her tail in the water, effectively rinsing the dust-grey suds from it. When the tail returns to its blonde form, you drop the water and shake your head, figuring that that'll do.

With AJ's bath finally over, you unplug the tub and drain the water. Applejack hops out glumly and awaits to be dried by her brother. Lil Mac grabs the towel you had prepared and walks over to his younger sister. He wraps the towel over her head and begins to shake it with her hooves as hard as he can, obviously trying to act like a playful big brother. His method of trying to cheer her up works, as you can tell by the surprising giggles she utters from under the towel. Mac continues this as he moves down her body, up until her flank, where he stops. He looks up to you with weird eyes.

"Could you...?" he begins to ask.

"Of course," you answer, taking the towel from his hooves. You don't blame him for not wanting to dry his sister down there, mostly because he's just a colt, and hopefully won't ever touch a filly's flank until his twenties. You finish what he started and dry her tail, only gentler than what he did. Applejack stops her giggling and adopts a content mood. When her tail was dry as can be, you put the towel in the hamper and tell her it was all over.

Lil Mac thanks you for your help, and you respond saying you're the one who should be giving thanks (considering how hard this would've been without him). He turns to his sister and gives her a brotherly-sisterly hug, almost dirtying her mane again. You tell Mac this, and he breaks the embrace, apologizing and claiming he'd forgotten. He tells you two that now it was his turn for a bath, and you lead Applejack out of the bathroom, acknowledging Mac's privacy.

"So," you say to the filly, who was now looking up to you, "you want some of the leftover apple pie in the fridge?"

The earth filly's face lights up at the mention of dessert and eagerly follows you to the kitchen, impatiently waiting to get her hooves on that pie.