• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 12,468 Views, 991 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies - Derpsanddinks404



A second-person fic where you give fillies and colts a bath

  • ...
39
 991
 12,468

Spitfire

As usual, you turn off the bath's faucet by twisting both knobs counter-clockwise (this seemed to be the overall setup for tubs in Equestria, you've noticed) and get up to prepare yourself for the next bath. This time however, instead of calling out for the foal of the hour, you exit the bathroom to go get her yourself. You'd learned that usually in the end ponies, no matter how tough they grow up to be, tend to hate bathing.

Spitfire's house setup was a lot like Rainbow Dash's and Fluttershy's, making you assume that Cloudsdale houses aren't too different. You smile to yourself as you think that you're officially the only human being to walk on clouds, all thanks to your boss's magic.

You reach the pegasus filly's bedroom and knock before entering. Once inside, your jaw drops at what you see.

Ten feet away from you sits... er, hangs, a yellow filly on a pull-up bar, dangling from her legs for a second at a time before she then picks herself back up and completes yet another sit up. She's sweating and exhausted, but from what you could deduct she wasn't planning on quiting anytime soon. You look up for a second and notice a Wonderbolt poster taped to the roof right above Spitfire, clearly there to give her motivation. Shoot, you think, just when you think you've seen it all, this happens.

Spitfire eventually notices you and jumps down from her high perch, clearly full of relief. She eagerly yet tiredly walks to your side, ready to clean off a day's workout. And from the retched smell of sweat you inhaled as she walked by, you could tell she needed it.

Quickly getting to the bathroom before the little athlete, you open the door for Spitfire and let her walk in. She nods to you in a thankful gesture and wipes a bead of sweat that had been sitting on her brow for a time. Seeing this, you pick her up in a sympathetic gesture and carry her the rest of the way to the tub, setting her in softly. She smiles at you, trying her best to express her great thanks for everything. "It's no problem," you answer to her infantile silence.

Wasting as little time as possible to get the sweaty filly clean and renewed, you grab the shampoo next to you and squirt out a small amount for the filly's short hair. You then bring the soap to her sweat-drenched fire orange mane and work it through thoroughly. She clearly enjoys the feeling of being cleansed, and seems a tad disappointed when you finish only a moment later.

You cup your hands and dump them into the bath water to rinse out the yellow filly's hair. You bring the small amount of water over her head and release it, sending it through her hair and removing the suds. You continue this task for a few more seconds, and then her hair is completely clean.

Now you grab the feather shampoo and ask Spitfire to kindly spread her wings. After thanking her, you massage the special soap in between her feathers, making sure to get each one. This takes relatively longer than most pegasi's wings, due to the excessive amount of sweat on Spitfire.

When you're satisfied the wings are clean, you return a pair of cupped hands into the water and pull up another batch to rinse of the pegasus's wings. They take much shorter to rinse than clean, and half a moment later you're ready to move on.

Grabbing the shampoo for a final time, you squeeze another handful out and ask a last request of Spitfire to kindly lift her tail. When she does so, you thank her warmly and work the sweet-smelling shampoo into her average-filly-sized tail. The tail is just as sweaty as her mane and wings, so again it takes a bit longer than usual to clean. Nonetheless, Spitfire doesn't even start to complain, and so you finish off with little trouble.

Now you cup your hands for a final rinse cycle and dip them into the water. You pour handfuls of the warm water over Spitfire's orange tail, and a short while later you completely rinse out the suds and sweat.

Deciding what'd be best for the future Wonderbolt captain, you bring out a few toys and let her relax for a bit considering her past workout. She looks upon the toys with only an ember of joy, and spends little time playing with them. Overall, she spends about five minutes just laying back and enjoying herself in the tub, with only about a second here and there of play with the boat and duck you'd provided. Nevertheless, you feel a bit proud for letting the goal-achiever rest a bit so she didn't overwork herself.

When you deicde that it's finally time to end the little therapeutic session, you notify Spitfire and unplug the tub. She gladly accepts your inviting arms as you pull her out and place her on the bath mat. You grab the pink towel next to you and bring it up to her mane. Spitfire sticks her tongue out slightly at the color, but doesn't resist when you start drying her anyways. First you dry her fiery mane, then her wings, then her tail, and finally the rest of her body.

After you put the damp towel away, you turn back to the filly and dismiss her. "Go rest a bit, and I'll be there in a second." She nods at your words, and turns to casually stride out the bathroom door. When she's gone, you take out a bottle of air freshener and spray some in the air, covering your nose so you don't smell the temporary mix of sweat and meadow breeze.

When you're done with the bathroom, you go out into the house and follow the path to Spitfire's room, where you expected the smell to be much worse. Upon entering, you not only find out that it is much worse, but that there's yet again a little Spitfire exercising, this time doing push-ups with her wings. You look at her dumbfounded. "You never rest, do you?" you finally manage to say. The clearly-strong filly looks up at you for a second and smiles at your bewilderment. You spray a bit of the meadow breeze in the room anyway, and then return the bottle to its place in the bathroom.

Comments ( 61 )

Commence read.

That motivated Spitfire.

The fanmade Empress Faust is my answer

And that is why Rainbow Dash is not a Wonderbolt.

Probably Lorn Mother Faust is 'our' Boss. Though honestly, my head canon answer is vastly different.
images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080816042109/megamitensei/images/1/1a/Igor.jpg
It would make a lot of sense.

Well, I'm going to guess... Bonnie Zacherle?

So when do we do Shining Armor and Cadence? :trixieshiftright:

Still this was great, Spitifire is so strong for such a little filly. She could probably give Lil' Mac a run for his money. :rainbowdetermined2:

1884183 1884198

Grammar! Wonderful grammar!

The soldier had to desert his dessert in the desert!

The first means abandon, the second is a sweet treat after dinner, and the last is the dry, arid region of a continent!

And they're all spelled (mostly) the same! Grammar, wat r u doing!?

1884367
One you spelled "Soldier" wrong.
Two... What? :rainbowhuh:

1884382

Mine? Knock him out with a plunger, and wash him while he's out of it.

1884380

Hm? Methinks you're seeing things.

1884590 DerpsandDinks wrote 22 chapters in 1 year, did she not? :moustache:

1885562 ah, sorry 4 the mistake bro.

Wow... that's pretty impressive.

You should do Gilda Next. It would be interesting to see how to bathe a griffin.

Another nice one! Although horses and ponies sweat really doesn't "stink" it smells quite nice really kind of sweet and sharp. :twilightsmile:

D'awww... :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss: Perf. Baby Spitfire totes seems like that. :rainbowlaugh:

1887347
I'd like to see this too.
Though now I'm torn on which I want to see first.
Gilda or Nightmare Moon.

There should be a scene with Spitfire lifting weigths, even small ones.
Human, do you even lift ?

deicde

DEICDE! DEICDE!

1894183 Oh I'm the jerk? Scootabuse is stupid and very uncalled for. Especially when it's in reply to a Scootaloo fan's comment about how they enjoyed the chapter. That's being a jerk. Excuse me, but last time I checked this story wasn't violent.

Comment posted by HornyUnicorn deleted Jan 3rd, 2013

1894464 Look, I'm setting things right here. I personally like grim dark myself. I was in a very bad mood and really wish I could take back everything I said. I greatly appologize, but I just don't think that Scootabuse is something that should be mentioned here. I'm deleting this comment not because I'm sour, but because I want this to be forgotten. I feel like absolute shit, and maybe that's how you want me to feel. I shouldn't have been hostile, but rather straightforward. I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't continue this. I know other posts are irrelevant, but yours was just too uncalled for. Scootabuse is okay in some cases, but this isn't one of them. I need to go to bed, and I don't want to leave here on a bad note.

I hope you find it in your heart to accept my appologies.

Comment posted by HornyMinotaur deleted Jan 3rd, 2013

1895098
I can't see the deleted posts, but if you were posting NSFW (which includes excessive gore) pics on a non-Mature fic (as Mr. Author's blog claims), that is against the rules. NSFW images are restricted to Mature-rated fics and blogs marked as [nsfw].

Comment posted by HornyMinotaur deleted Jan 3rd, 2013

Cadence!! For the love of Celestia, do Cadnce!

Somehow I read this chapter in Morgan Freeman's voice, lolwut.
Good chapter, by the way.

When you deicde that it's

For the next bathtime, how about we see Cadance? I think filly Cadance would be just too adorable!

Awesome as always, my friend. Awesome. As. Always. *Puts on a rape face* :twilightsmile:

I'm curious, but which one is the one with the fart joke?

Will Doctor Whooves have a chapter? If so, will it be soon?

I upvoted this fic a few months ago, even though I still haven't read it yet. :derpytongue2:

The problem is that there's so many other fics I need to mow down on my Read Later list; I fear I might never read some of them. :applejackunsure:

But I ensure you that I WILL read this later when I can. And I won't have to upvote it because I already did, so yay for preserving finger energy! :pinkiehappy:

I COMMAND THEE TO MAKE A BABS SEED CHAPTER!:flutterrage: You know, um...she's so awesome and everything...:fluttershyouch:

Riz

1894616

Complete ?

Amazing, you deserve a thumbs up!:pinkiehappy:

BRO, WE NEED A CADENCE ONE, LOL!:heart::heart:

2341264 Thanks for clearing that up. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go bang my head against the wall for not realizing that earlier!
:)

This is all just so cute!:heart:

Adorable fun. This had been sitting on my to read list for ages and i'm so sorry it took me so long ta read it! Absolutely terrif from start ta finish. This is coming from someone who generally dislikes second person fics :twilightsheepish:

Please Do Nightmare Moon

2479798 I'm not writing the sequel, if you'd check it out...

You need to make a 'for ponies' group where people can post stories based off this.

Congratulations on creating a new genre! Even I'm thinking of doing somthing like this with your permission.:twilightsmile:

2515663 No problem! Sorry for coming off as a bit rude

2502985 Go ahead! All spin-offs are now fair game.

Login or register to comment