• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 12,448 Views, 991 Comments

Bathtime for Ponies - Derpsanddinks404



A second-person fic where you give fillies and colts a bath

  • ...
39
 991
 12,448

Scootaloo

You hear a loud crash in the kitchen just as you finish filling the bathtub. You jump at the sudden noise, and face palm when you put two and two together and realize what had caused it. "Scootaloo..." you grumble under your breath as you leave the bathroom to confront the orange filly.

When you enter the kitchen in Scootaloo's house, the first thing you notice is the disaster area in which sat a large pile of pots, pans and, sticking out of the pile, a blue wooden scooter. And sitting on top of that scooter was a little pegasus filly, a bit dazed after her big crash. Thankfully, you notice, she was wearing her helmet and was therefore unharmed by the falling cookware.

Scootaloo shakes her head and looks up at you, instantly smiling and blushing in embarrassment and guilt. You shake your own head and frown, in partial humor of the filly's klutziness and energy. "What am I going to do with you?" you sigh while walking over to clean the mess. You pick up the orange filly and place her next to you while you replace all of the pots and pans back to their respective places on the kitchen rack.

After you place the last pan on the last hook, you turn to Scootaloo and ask her to put back her scooter. The filly obeys, taking off her helmet and putting it on the handle bars. Once she's done bringing her instrument of speed to her room, she returns to the kitchen to receive further instruction from you.

Satisfied that everything was set in the bathroom (as far as you remembered) and throughout the house, you have Scootaloo follow you. Leading her to her bath, you only have to open the bathroom door to enable her to walk in. She looks up to the bathtub and instantly regrets following you, running towards the door in a last attempt to avoid bathing. You shut the door just before she's able to leave, causing her to comically run face-first into it. She removes herself from the door unharmed, but very grumpy.

"Come on now, Scoot," you say to her in an attempt to cheer her up. Nothing changes in the filly's expression. Suddenly, an idea comes to your mind. "I once bathed Rainbow Dash..." you say coaxingly. Scootaloo looks up in awe, not bothering to question the truth behind your words. "See, even the greatest flyer in Equestria needs baths."

Scootaloo gives in and walks over to the tub so you could put her in. You lift her up and drop her into the bath, causing her to slightly splash the water. She doesn't mind that you hadn't simply placed her in; in fact, she seemed to enjoy the little fall.

You grab the shampoo and squirt a palmful in your hand, ready to start. You place the soapy hand on top of Scootaloo's short mane and begin to lather it throughout. Scootaloo doesn't hesitate letting you clean her, fully confident that the very person who washed Rainbow Dash's mane could effectively wash her own. This only takes a short moment before it's time to rinse out the purple hair.

Dipping both of your hands into the tub water, you pick up a fair sized amount and bring it over the filly's head. You release the water and let it fall down on the soapy hair. Scootaloo remains neutral to the bathing and too lets the water fall on her head. You finish a moment later, your elbows feeling a bit sore because you had rested them on the tub's rim.

You remove your elbows from the side and reach over to the feather shampoo next to Scootaloo. You pour some of the odd-smelling gel into your opposite palm and start working it through Scootaloo's orange wings. You massage her muscles while you're at it, figuring that she would enjoy it. And as you suspected, she allowed (no, wanted) you to do so, a smile of relief coming across her face. Even though you had no wings of your own, you could only imagine the stress of moving them constantly in order to gain speed on a scooter. It was also now that you sort of pitied the poor filly for being unable to fly like her long-time idol. Putting all feelings aside, you return your mind to the washing and massaging of Scootaloo's wings, which you spend a little longer than need-be on for the sake of soothing the filly.

You submerge your hands into the warm water and bring it over the filly's wings. You try not to take too long on this rinse cycle, and with your efforts the wings are clean only a short moment later.

Now you move onto the last bit of the orange pegasus. Kindly asking her to lift up her flank, you grab the feather shampoo on accident. Scootaloo pokes you and points this out. You apologize and thank the filly for catching your mistake while you grab the right shampoo. Checking the bottle twice out of habit (you usually did this when you made mistakes), you squirt the right gel into your palm and work it through Scootaloo's purple tail. The filly doesn't mind you touching her tail, and lets you finish for another brief moment. Finally, it's time to rinse.

Grabbing a couple handfuls of water from beside Scootaloo, you pour some over her soaped-up tail, beginning the final rinse cycle. This doesn't take long, just like the rest of her, but still consumes a bit more time than the other rinse cycles. Now the bath was over.

Because you knew she wouldn't want to play in the tub (did Rainbow Dash do that? No, so why would she?), you unplug the porcelain bathtub and pick the filly up and out of the draining water. You place her hooves-first on the ground and grab the towel behind you. You wrap the cloth around Scootaloo's head and shake it, making sure to thoroughly dry her short mane. Then, you move on to her wings and torso, and finally her tail. Drying her, in the end like everypony else, only takes about a minute.

Scootaloo starts to dismiss herself when you stop her at the door. "Before you leave, I have a little something for you," you say while reaching into your pocket. You then pull out your Rainbow Dash toy, which you decided to sacrifice in order to brighten up Scootaloo's day.

Just as you expected her to, Scootaloo quickly yet gingerly grabs the figurine from your hands and begins to look it over. She is dumbfounded in glee at the gift, not bothering to give you a thankful look but instead dismissing herself again with her eyes glued to the new mini-version of her lifetime idol. You open the door for her, accepting her unshown thanks which you knew had to exist due to her reaction.

You smile warmly at the filly as she walks over to her room, opens the door and places her new favorite thing in the world on her bureau.