• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 3,071 Views, 61 Comments

A Wish That Could Be - Faithful Brony



Two worlds connected by a magic as old as the planets themselves. This mysterious force brings three strangers forth that will change Equestria forever.

  • ...
43
 61
 3,071

Party Day

"Why did he give away the rubies,"

"Well maybe he thought it was good sport, you see some men don't want anything logical or material. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

-Alfred, the Dark Knight

Rob woke up to a rooster poking him in the arm which made him get up to see what was going on.

“Good morning little guy how is your morning going so far.” The rooster just sat there staring at him then sarted poking at the ground. “That good huh, well time to get up anyways after all the entire west field still needs to be harvested.” Rob went over to the cabinet where the food was stored and fed the animals their breakfast, Rob however decided to skip breakfast so he could get to work, he got his specially designed hammer he made to do this job and headed towards the apple orchard to begin harvesting the apples.
Applejack was woken up by loud banging in the orchard; the sound was the trees straining under pressure of someone hitting them pretty damn hard.

“Gosh darn it, why does Big Mac have to be bucking apples so early in the morning and real loudly to boot.” Applejack got out of bed and headed down stair and out the door to the orchard. “Dag gum it Macintosh why are you making so much noise, you do realize Apple Bloom is still sleeping and she has to get up early right”

“Yea sorry about that I will try to keep it down but there are no guarantees, these trees are just old.” Applejack turned around to find Rob bucking apples with his modified hammer.

“Wait a second, that was you making all those loud banging noises,” Applejack was very puzzled she had been around Rob long enough to know that he has never made that much noise when hammering away at the apple trees.

“Eeeyuup” was all Rob responded with and continued with his Job.

“Why are you up so early, you don’t have to get up and start doing this for at least another hour and a half?” she never took Rob for an early bird person.

"Yea I know, I just wanted to get a little bit more done after all I won’t be able to help you as much because I start my teaching job after this weekend and today is the last day of the weekend so I want to get as much work done as possible, now I am going to go back to work on the entire west field." Rob continued whacking away but a little bit quieter so to not wake Applebloom. Applejack just stood there watching him for about 5 minutes before she spoke again.

"Alright now I know there is something on your mind cause you have been real distant with everyone and you hardly speak and when you do speak you don't even try to be interested in any of the friendly conversation, it doesn't help that you don't seem very interested in going to Pinkies party she's throwing for you and Jessie. What is on your mind that's bothering ya so much?" He stood there for a few minutes with his back turn and Applejack was beginning to wonder if he was going to respond to her question at all.

"You know, I've always like the sunrise." Applejack jumped at the sudden response from the human. "It peaceful and quiet because nobodies up, the quiet allows me to contemplate on things specifically the aspect of magic as of late. I have always wondered what exactly happened that day when me and Jessie arrived here, up until that point I never believed magic existed because humans were never capable of performing magic."

"Sound like it would be big thing to witness."

"Yea, of course after it happened some part of my mind for quite a while has been in huge shock and awe of this whole new concept on life. I wonder why it is that this magic choose to make it self known all of a sudden to grant some persons wish, after all I didn't want to even believe it at first and I saw it happen with my own eyes. That's not what's on my mind the most however, what is on it is the realization that I will never be able to see my world again nor the people that are in it, the place that I grew up in is now billions of miles in space that direction," Rob emphasized this by pointing to the sky. "I don't know about you Applejack but that would make any person I know want to sit down away from everyone so to get a new perspective about things."

"Wow that's a lot to think about, I guess I would be feeling the same way but I would say that Jessie is enjoying this so maybe you should to. Look, I don't know much about magic for obvious reason but Twilight has told me that magic can be random or do thing without explanation. Perhaps this was meant to happen to you after all from what you tell me this is one of those once in a lifetime experience thingy's other ponies always talk about. I know that it seems hard but try to look on the bright side you have come to a completely new world with new experiences to enjoy plus I think Pinkie really wants to be your friend, I haven't seen her put this much effort into making a party for anypony since Twilights welcome to Ponyville party so please try to have fun." Rob looked at the farmpony who was siting next to him. he didn't know what to say to that, she really was smart in fact a lot more smart then she let on.

"Thank you Applejack; I'm going to miss my world but maybe you and Jessie are right. I guess I will try to enjoy my time here in Equestria. I'm going to finish up the west field now." Rob continued to work in silence after that. Applejack knew that all he need was a little encouragement and a good talking to because somehow it always worked when she did that with all her other friends so she thought what the hay maybe it would work for him too and she didn't know why but she had a good feeling about him. She decided to help him with harvesting the rest of the field.


Light, that annoying little glare of light is what disturbed Pinkie from a really good dream that she really wanted to continue having. She was dreaming about her party that was to come later to officially welcome Jessie and Rob to Ponyville.

"Aaaaaaaaawwwwwww the dream was getting good too, well I don't have to dream about it any longer because today is the day that I put a smile on my new friends faces." She jumped out of bed and went to work on getting everything for the party. "Alright lets get the list out and check to make sure all the preparations are ready for the party." First she checked the location which was the building used to host the Summer Sun Celebration when Nightmare Moon had returned. Pinkie headed towards her destination using her signature party cannon. "Ready, set," BOOM and with that she was away.
Rarity was busy setting up the decorations for the party.

"I'm thinking blue and purple for the balloons now to check the streamers." When she turned around Pinky fell in through the sun roof of the building scaring her half to death. "Pinky... must you... do that" Rarity said through shaky breath.

"Sorry Rarity didn't mean to scare you I just came to check in on the party preparation."

"I'm almost done I just need to pick out the color for the streamers, I'm surprised that you are working so much on this party especial for these humans that you know next to nothing about."

"Well I'm throwing this party because I would do that for anypony who is new to Ponyville but I'm making it extra special cause they need some friends right about now after all you heard Princess Celestia they will most likely never see their world again and they try to hide it but I see it on their faces, they are sad so I'm going to make them not sad and turn those frowns upside down."

"Darling you truly are the nicest pony I know," Rarity stood there for a few minutes deep in thought from what Pinky could tell. "Aha, I know what color I should use" this promptly made her run to the corner of the room and ran back after a few minutes of searching. "Silver complements the blue and the purple splendidly."

"well I guess that means the decoration are set so what's next on the list." she looked at the note and the next was the guests she went to each of the guests houses and slowly checked them off the list. after a few hours of traveling to a bunch of different houses pinkie managed the list. "Alright so far these are the ponies who are coming"

Ms. Cheerlee....going
Mayor Mare,,,,, going
Twilight Sparkle....of course
Spike...you know it
Scootaloo.....going
Rainbow Dash....totally
Sweetie Belle...yeah
Apple Bloom....you bet
Derpy Whooves....yes
Fluttershy....reluctant at first but convinced her to go after giving some encouragement
Doctor Whooves...delighted
Bon Bon....going
Berry Punch....going
Lyra Heartstring....excited to attend
Big Mac....eeeyuupp
Rose luck... sure
thunderlane... alright I'm up for it
Carrot Top...why not

the DJ.... Vinyl Scratch
refreshment and treats management...Applejack
decorations management....Rarity Belle

"well that's is everypony on the list, now I just need to check the cake which Mr. and Mrs. cake should be finishing up in a few minutes." Pinkie got into another party cannon and launch herself on a course for Sugarcube Corner. When she arrived she did a tuck and roll through the opened top door flap landing perfectly on the stores floor.

"Nice landing Pinkie, that's a perfect score." The Cutie Mark Crusaders each held up a cards with the number 10 on them. they turned to look at their flanks only to find them still blank.

"Aaaaaaaawwwwww that just sucks" Apple Bloom said while making an unhappy face.

"Well we can scratch off score judge as a cutie mark Scootaloo stated with dismay."

"lets go back to headquarters and figure out what to do next" Sweetie Belle said with confidence.
they zoomed off leaving Pinkie thinking of something that she could do to help them with their cutie mark quest, but that would have to wait. her mission was to check on the cake.

"Mrs. cake how's the delicious cake coming" Pinkie Pie ask with her usual hyper voice."

"Its done Pinkie, come take a look" the cakes called in from the kitchen. When she came into the kitchen she saw the cake and smiled with joy.

"That looks absolutely perfect." She was really happy the cake turned out the way it did. It looked exactly like what she wanted it to look like. "Now all we have to do is get it to the location and wait for the party to happen. The three ponies began hauling the cake over to the building being used for the party, and get last piece of the puzzle put into place.


"Why is it that we have to wear these blindfolds when it a party you made for me and Jessie" Rob ask, very annoyed that he was being guided around by Pinkie for quite a while.

"Its a surprise and I want you to look surprised when you see it," Pinkie said with as much enthusiasm that she could put into her voice.

"Well how much longer are you going to be leading us around, Rob is getting antsy." Jessie knew this because he was getting a little nervous as well.

"Its not much farther, just a few more paces and we'll be there" Pinkie stated. They walked continued walking for a few more minute before they came to their destination. "Alright were here you can take those blindfolds off ."

"Surprise, welcome to Ponyville" everypony that was at the party yelled out in unison.

The building they were in was huge with decorations of purple, blue and silver adorning the walls and pink streamers falling in the air from the party cannons that went off when they entered the building. they stood there for what seemed like minutes and Pinkie was scared that they might not like it but that changed when she looked at them closer. they had the hugest smiles she had ever seen from them and she knew that she accomplished her mission. The pony's in the room started to mingle. Pinkie watched as the night started to unfold. The girls were talking with other ponies, Jessie was being spun around to start the pin the tale on the pony game, and Rob was getting some cake and punch while talking with Ms. Cheerlee about something. as the night progressed Pinkie manage to introduced Jessie and Rob to the ponies they did not know in the room. after quite a few hours into the night the party was officially over and ponies started heading home.

"I Should be getting Sweetie Belle home, she needs her sleep, great party Pinkie and have a good night darlings." Rarity exchanged good byes and headed back to the Carousel Boutique.

"I should probably do the same and get Scootaloo home too so see ya later girls," Rainbow Dash said goodnight and left to return the young Pegasus to her home.

"see ya later girls, it was nice to hang out with you at another one of Pinkies parties again," Fluttershy said before taking off back to her cottage.

"I should be getting Spike back to the library as well so see you later girls, great party Pinkie as usual. come on Jessie," and with that they headed back to the Golden Oak Library. Applejack let out a big yawn even for her.

"Well that my bed calling, I think its time I got Apple Bloom back to the house, come on Rob we should get going. thanks for that great party Pinkie." Applejack headed back to the farm with Apple Bloom on her back. Pinkie sat there reminiscing through todays events.

"Pinkie," she turned around to see Rob standing there.

"What's going Wwwaaaaaahhhh-" Rob kneeled down and surprised her with a hug.

"thank you Pinkie Pie for throwing this party for me and Jessie it great to have a friend like you." Pinkie was stunned to say the least. not only was she able to get a smile out of him but Rob also considered her his friend, that warmed her heart and so she returned the hug with the same affection.

"I will do anything to make my friends smile so your welcome Rob and your smile was what I want to see." Rob thanked her again then headed out of the building to catch up with Applejack. Pinkie headed back to the Sugarcube Corner glad to know that her plan worked out perfectly and was reward for her efforts with a smile and a new friend.

Author's Note:

i am sorry for taking so long, i kinda hit a writers block for quite a while and couldn't figure out what to do but i think my muse has returned to me and i hope it gives me more inspiration to make even more chapters for this story and for my readers. thank you for your patience