• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 3,068 Views, 61 Comments

A Wish That Could Be - Faithful Brony



Two worlds connected by a magic as old as the planets themselves. This mysterious force brings three strangers forth that will change Equestria forever.

  • ...
43
 61
 3,068

Admission for an Outkast

Author's Note:

I'd like to make note for you readers that there will be certain points in the story where a phrase or spell is being uttered in a different language. for those of you who are unfamiliar with ancient languages, the one I'm using is called Enochian. most may not know but its an old language and there are translators you can search up on google. ill periodically throw in a little Dovahzul as well which is the language used by the dragons on Skyrim. if you want to know what is being said than you can look it up. I also want to mention that while I'm utilizing the languages in this story, there will be bits of fragmentation because certain English words obviously don't translate into other languages. sorry it took so long, I hit a mental block and couldn't write anything good for a while. I had to find the right inspiration for this chapter and I think it came out pretty well. also, I hope everyone likes that bacon reference.

One of the great liabilities of history is that all too many people fail to remain awake through great periods of social change. Every society has its protectors of status quo and its fraternities of the indifferent who are notorious for sleeping through revolutions. Today, our very survival depends on our ability to stay awake, to adjust to new ideas, to remain vigilant and to face the challenge of change.

Martin Luther King Jr

It is known that the most innovative structures constructed throughout history have been carved out of the very earth that we live on. Most overlook the idea of building into a mountain or a cavern. Everyone tries to be cost effective and build in large quantities. This idea did not fall past the eyes of dragons, the city that Russel stood in was proof of that. When he was led into the mountain by the large red dragon, he did not expect to see something so magnificent in design as the drakes home. Most of the mountain was probably dug out over the decades due to expansion.
In place of that were many elegantly carved cavernous rooms that he had only seen in movies. There were giant pillars that were so large and tall, they could hold the mountain up forever. There were pathways everywhere leading to many rooms throughout the entire city. It looked like it could hold thousands of dragons and it probably did. The walls were perfectly shaped with many drawings and pictographs that most likely told the history of the residents that called this place home. The details in many of the drawings were fine and artistic in nature.
What little he heard from others on this planet about the fire breathers, did not come close to describing them. The rumors didn't even hold much truth, but what can you expect from just rumors. These were amazing creatures capable of many beautiful things but overlooked and feared because of their size. Russel frowned at this for they were truly misunderstood, and he felt sorry for them. The paths were large perfectly carved tubes that extended for some distance. He was soon led to a room that had giant doors made of solid onyx.
Many pictographs and things were etched into it. Each carve was perfect in lay work and they came together in an elegant piece of art. It had a big tree with what looked like words around it but he couldn't read them. They were foreign, but it almost felt like power lied within the words carved into the massive doors. The drake whispered something into the door that he couldn't pick up on and every shape on the door proceeded to light up. The whole thing began to shake before opening by themselves.
He surmised that dragons could project their voices at any level which would explain why he didn't hear him speak. The inside was dark and Russel couldn't see which made him feel uneasy. He was tempted to ask for a torch, but just as the thought occurred words began to form in his mind. He still did not fully understand the connection he shared with the horn. It creped him out to no end that it was now a part of his brain. He was hesitant but slowly said them as they formed.

"Illuminate OIAD ORS OI OLPIRT IPAMIS find." Just as he finished, his sight turned a bright blue. Everything that was covered in the dark he could now see. The room was made from gold, or at least what he could make out. The blue vision did not allow for many other colors to be seen by his eyes so he could not tell for sure. He did however figure out that the room was gigantic, definitely able to accommodate the giant he was following.
They never ceased to amaze Russel with their construction capabilities.

"The mountain is a perfect home for dragons. It was found with quite a few natural tunnels already formed. We needed only to expand them out for use. The size allows for us to live peacefully without notice or conflict from other nations. I see you are impressed by our work," Elder Linwiloke projected the words into Russel's mind.

"Alright that really creepy, how are you in my head. Are you telepathic or something," Russel asked wondering since he found it rather invading?

"Your mind is alien, but I can still project my voice into it and even read certain thoughts on the surface of your mind. We will begin the Gathering in a moment," the Elder stated before clapping his hand together. The ground began to rumble and out of the walls, two more dragons almost equal in size to the first showed up. The other two noticed Russel and gazed at him with no noticeable reaction.

"Who is this one you have brought before us. He is radiating with magic that is unmistakably familiar, like from some distant memory, the cerulean colored giant questioned its red counterpart.

"He apparently stumbled across one of the old dragon priest crypts but how or which I don't know. Tell us alien, what is your name," Elder Linwiloke turned and asked as he took his place with the other two.

"My name is Shojima and I found the artifact purely on accident. It's a long story, one that will probably bring you more questions than answers. Some I will be able to answer but other I cannot for you may not understand. You are right about one thing, I am alien to this planet," Russel said beginning his tale from where it started. He told them everything he could without revealing anything about his home planet, or his friends in Equestria. He mostly stuck to telling his audience abut his journey to get to the land he was now in which they referred to as Vovin.

"It seems, you have been on quite a venture to get to Vovin. I sense though that their are things you are trying to hide. Tell us, why do you feel the need to keep secrets," the black dragon questioned as he looked at Russel more closely.

"Like I said, there are thing I cannot tell you because you wouldn't fully understand. All I can tell you is that I mean you nor your city any harm. I've traveled here because I'm looking to find a temporary place to stay. I will not bother you or anyone else here, I just didn't have a lot of options to choose from," Russel explains hoping that will satisfy them and the question.

"We know of a few places you could have gone to that would have been much easier to reach. There's a country not far from here that is ruled by a ally of ours. Her name is Princess Celestia and she has a more suitable country for you to live in," the red dragon spoke his thoughts out loud with tiredness in his voice.

"No offense to Celestia and her country, but I'm an omnivore and I refuse to give up eating meat just to live in her country. I love the taste bacon and I wont give it up. All. That. Bacon. Hmmmmmmmm so delicious, I refuse to be a vegetarian," Russel shuddered at the mere thought of becoming a vegetarian.

"Oh, well, we all have certain tastes, and if you like to eat meat then there are no objections from us. However, there is a problem, you are not dragon. The rest of the populace does not take to outsiders very well. Even more so, your an alien, and we don't know anything about your race. You would need to prove to the rest of the city you could be useful enough to warrant taking you in. What knowledge do you posses that we could use to give you citizenship in Vovin," the black dragon asked studying Russel curiously.
Russel felt like the large dragon was gazing into him rather than at him and it gave an uneasy feeling. He thought about all the thing that he could do to be useful. He then remembered the hundreds of first person shooter video games he had played over the course of his life. He had become quite an expert in strategy formulation and spy tactic.

"I know much about military tactics as well as fighting styles that are very effective in combat. I could teach these to your warriors if that's the type of knowledge you want," Russel offered trying to give something that would guaranty his usefulness. He had read much on fighting styles used by branches of his own countries military. This seemed to peek their interest.

"That would be a usefulness that would warrant us giving you emergency citizenship. It will take time to arrange things but once you can ensure this claim, you will become one of the citizens of our great city. If you will follow me, I will show you to your temporary quarters. We await to witness your skills," Rockjaw directed as he waved for Russel to follow him through the door. The black drake led him down a separate tunnel to the end of the corridor and into an open area. It looked like an area for sleeping but didn't see much use.

"This will be your temporary quarters until a proper one is made more to your size. my name is Elder Rockjaw and you already met Elder Linwiloke. the other one is Elder Naga, she is the most hesitant to outsiders of us three. She sees the potential worth of your knowledge so she's willing to give you a chance. As you could see coming into the mountain, everyone works to earns their keep and they all share a sense of community working together. Your job is to make the other citizens here see that you also share that sense of community and work with them. If you can do that, than you should be welcomed as a member of this city in due time," the Elder said with reserve.

"Thank you for your hospitality, it is most appreciated," Russel said as he bowed in thanks of the elder dragons kindness. The Elder nodded before turning around and walking away. Russel found the room to be quiet and peaceful, that was a plus. Russel went to the middle of the room and sat down. This place was so different in many ways to his own world and yet he felt a connection with the dragons. They shared quite a lot of views that he found similar to his own.
He thanked god they weren't a bunch of violent destructive creatures as most inhabitants on this planet described them as. As he sat there, Russel began hearing whispers but he could not pinpoint the exact location of where it was coming from. It sounded like it was coming from everywhere yet nowhere all at the same time, and this confused him.

"[/Be not confused young one for we will explain all within due time. Your mind is very different, we like the change. Dragon priests don't do or say much of anything in the way of conversation. Its nice to have such a fresh young mind to be apart of. It's refreshing to get new knowledge and perspective added to our collection," the invisible voice spoke more clear in Russel mind. He now knew it was coming from the horn.b]

"Wait, what, hold on a second let me catch up here. So not only do I have an extremely old and powerful magical artifact fused to my brain, but it has its own conscience too," Russels head began to hurt from the situation. The surprises seemed to just keep coming with this new attachment to his brain.

"[/Well we don't like being referred to as old but, yes we do have our own level of consciousness. Pease allow us to introduce ourselves, we are legion, for we are many and one, all at the same time. It will be confusing for a while but you will eventually get use to us. There's lots of room in here and you could use a little education when it comes to this world. You are out of your element and we know it. Your mind needs to be adjusted to allow for more usage of our knowledge.
We will guide you in thine process but for right now, meditate so we can teach you about the world you will come to call home. Let us beginb]," the voice said as it began to assert its own will on Russels body. He sat in a meditative position and began to float up in the air. His body rose about fifteen feet off the ground and stayed there. He began to feel this sudden urge come over him, then words and images began to flow across his vision. It was like a wall blocking his sight from anything else.

"'I'm no expert on brains, but wouldn't that massive amount of knowledge cripple any one persons brain. I don't want to end up like a coma patient," Russel said now actually scared to learn.

"Fear not young one, we will not import to you that which your mind cannot handle. Like we said, your going to go through some changes and we will help you through such changes. You have no need to fear, now let thy learning begin."