• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 3,070 Views, 61 Comments

A Wish That Could Be - Faithful Brony



Two worlds connected by a magic as old as the planets themselves. This mysterious force brings three strangers forth that will change Equestria forever.

  • ...
43
 61
 3,070

The Wishing Mishap

A Wish That Could Be

chapter one: The Wishing Mishap


BEEP, BEEP, BEEP,
The sound of the alarm clock woke the sleeping form in the bed. slowly crawling towards the alarm clock, the human reaches forward and slaps the off button on the front of it. he rubs the sleep from his face and pulls the blinds open. after stretching, the young male reluctantly goes to work getting ready for the day. after eating breakfast then working out, he showered. once he finished, he got dressed and walked over to a mirror looking at the reflection to begin stylizing his hair and goatee. The young man was five feet eight inches tall, has a barrel chest and a semi-muscular build.
He had brown medium length hair and was wearing a black shirt. he was wearing Carhart Jeans that were just slightly longer than his legs proper. he put on a black hoody with a large moon graphic on it and he wore a thick, very large coat over it. overall it was quite durable.

"Russell, get out there, you're going to miss your bus if you don't," his mom called from the kitchen.

Don't worry I won't miss it," he got his backpack and then headed out to catch the bus to school. In another house not too far away, another human was getting ready for school as well.

"Have a good day at school Jessie," the boys' mother called from the house door.

"You to ma," Jessie said while running down the hill to the bus stop. Jessie was five feet nine inches, had black hair, and wore a pair of jeans and a hoody with a white shirt underneath. Jessie made his way to the bus and got on.

In a hotel about fifty miles away, another guy was sitting at his computer typing on the keyboard.

"Great, another chapter finished and ready to add to the story. I wonder what I should make them do next," The guy said as he finished uploading the file to the internet. He went to check his main page after that for a text from one of his fellow writers. When the page loaded up, he noticed the picture that randomly chose a different wallpaper pic every time it loaded. The screen showed the words Fimfiction on the face of the web page. He scrolled down a bit and saw the name of his profile, RobCakeran53.
The guys' name is Robert, but his fans know him by his writer name. RobCakeran53 was ok with it so he let Bronies call him it when he went to the conventions. He was slightly above average height rounding at six feet one inch with light brown hair. He had a long body with a slightly above average build. Rob clicked on the log out button because he had an assignment to get to. He looked at a letter unfolded right next to him, remembering what it said and being surprised, to say the least.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to be substituting at a school to get my final grade in writing," said Rob with a hint of enthusiasm. At least after this, he would be done with his last year of college. Rob got his coat and went out to his car to drive over to the school where his assignment would take place. All three people reached the same location and got out at the same time like in the movies. They all looked at the new day with a sigh.

“Looks like another boring Wednesday to me,” they all said in unison and made their way to their respective classes. Jesse and Russel were able to make it through first and second-period class without being bored out of their minds.

"Hey Jessie, hows it going," Russell asked as usual?

Pretty good, you?

Bored, hey do you know when the My Little Dashie movie is supposed to come out, It's been a while since the original release date was announced?"

"Yeah, it should be coming out sometime within the next seven month. I know how you feel man I’ve waited a while for this movie to come out, I'm excited." Jessie said energetically

"So am I man, also I was wondering when Bronycon is supposed to be because we are going to that too," Russel stated with determination.

"I think it's supposed to be some time during the summer possibly in July, I don’t know I would have to check."

"OK that’s cool, anyway did you hear that Robcakeran53 the writer is substituting as our English teacher at school today, Russel said with interest"

"Yeah, I heard about that and I’m actually quite surprised. Isn’t he in college?"

"Yeah but he's almost done, just one or two or more weeks left. He posted something about it last weekend on his fanfiction profile. What you didn’t read it?"

"No, but I guess I'll have to give him congrats, hey we should go now and get our lunches.' both of the friends sat there talking for a little bit while enjoying a nice lunch. After lunch was over they got through the third and fourth period with relative ease and now they were in their fifth-period writing class. they slowly arrived at the writing class.

"I’m glad the school day is almost over. Soon I’ll be able to get back to reading the rest of this awesome fanfic I found."

"Hello class my name is Rob, I’ll be your English teacher for today, now since this is my first time teaching here, I would like to get your names so that I know who is who. Alright let start with Jesse,"

"here,"

"okay, Russel,"

"here,"

"Alright, Zack"… all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light that shot through the window. When everyone could finally see they were shocked to find a rainbow appeared in the room. At the epicenter was what seemed to be like a portal that appeared inside the vast array of colors. It surprised everyone, even more, when they looked behind it and there was no stream coming out the back through the now shattered window. Russel slowly got to his feet and picked his desk up after getting knocked back by the shock wave that emanated from the portal.
Looking at the portal, he slowly approached it. Russel stuck his hand in the portal, slowly moving it around inside. He turned to Jesse with fascination and said,

"It feels warm and as if everything I see now has a higher clarity of color to it. It feels like my hand is weightless by the way. You've got to come and check this out," Russell said excitedly. Jesse slowly approached the portal as well and did the same thing. He too felt the sensations just by touching the portal and received the same effects as well. The portal all of a sudden started to destabilize, making a shimmering ripples through it every few seconds.
" I'm not completely sure where that portal leads, but you know how it felt. This feels like a golden opportunity for adventure to me. I want to see where this goes Jesse and I think you do too. I'll see ya on the other side," and with that Russel jumped through. For a second, Jesse didn’t know what to do. So he did the only thing he felt was right and jumped on through following his friend.
Rob just stood there dumbfounded, not knowing how to react to the shocking turn of event. He finally said something after a few seconds,

"You’re not going anywhere, get back here students" and with that, he ran off through the portal after his students. A calm came over the trio as they were enveloped by the light of the portal. slowly everything in their vision began to change. their own bodies began to take on a permanently brighter hue and saturation of color. finally after what felt like hours of floating in an endless stream of every color imaginable, they final popped out on the other side of the closing portal. the portal decreased in size until finally it winked out and with it, the only way back to the classroom. They slowly got up, trying to make sense of their surroundings and attempting to figure out exactly where they are.
The first thing they noticed is how animated everything looked. they were standing in a large grassy area There appeared to be a dense area of a forest behind them stretching far in either direction. Jesse poked both Rob and me to get our attention. When he did, we saw a sight that we never expected to see. Looming in a field of grass was a town, but not just any town. They recognized it well, It was Ponyville.
They immediately knew it from the show 'My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic. The trio felt overwhelming wonder and amazement as they looked at the town from the outskirts. They were right next to the Everfree Forest. Finally, the silence was broken,

"Well, it looks like it came true."Jesse turned around to look at Russel, confused on what he was talking about. He continued, Rob, Jesse, I think you should know that this is probably my fault that we are all here."

"What do you mean Russel," Rob said with a confused but slightly interested look as if he was expecting an explanation for where he was or how he arrived.

"Well Rob, I made a wish on a rainbow. Actually the first real rainbow I've ever seen now that I think about it. I have always seen rainbows in TV shows and in movies but I never saw them outside of that. I’m just pulling at straws here but I'm not exactly sure since this has never scientifically happened before. To be honest, I'm quite baffled at how this ever worked but I made the wish at that moment and today during class It came true. Jesse then pondered for a minute before he finally asked a question.

"Russel this is great and all but what are we supposed to do now? If you haven't read some the fanfics, then you should know that to the ponies humans are a weird myth. Just waltzing into Ponyville might cause a bit of a panic amongst the population."

"Well Jesse, I honestly didn’t think that far ahead for you guys-," Jesse turned around, interrupting Russel before he could finish

“Wait what did you meant by you guys, Jessie asked confused about what he meant?"

"Jesse I’m afraid I won’t be joining you on your trek to Ponyville, I have had other ideas from the start when I made that wish. I plan on heading through the Everfree Forest to get to the ports where I know I will find a boat out of Equestria."

"Why Russel, where are you going?"

"Exactly where I want to go, but don't concern yourself about me. You got enough to think about already. I wish you both luck in your endeavors here. By the way, don’t worry I promise we will see each other again," Russel nodded to them. With that, he took off into the forest.

"Well Rob it looks like we're stuck here, might as well nut up and go meet the locals." That’s when Rob finally decided to speak up again.

"Hey, Jesse, what do you suppose will happen once we go into the town? And another thing, who do you think we should go see first?" Jesse stood there for a moment to ponder on that thought than simply said

"I honestly don’t know, I can think of one unicorn who might be able to help us. First, let's go see if we can get a little back up from a certain yellow Pegasus." They began their short walk to Fluttershy's cottage. "I just hope we don’t scare her," Jessie thought to himself nervously. He worried About what might happen to the timid pony when she saw them.